Still Missing CA - William Cierzan, 58, Santa Clarita Valley, 26 Jan 2017 #3

I've had numerous adults walking their dogs within 25 feet of my digging. I don't look at them, I don't change what I am doing and no one stops to ask what I'm doing. When a person can see the equivalent of a living room sized hole 18" deep piled in 4 places under 100 year old Oak Trees, I would have expected someone to start a conversation....but it was 9 am before the heat rolled in. Lots of ants, oak leaf mulch are locations that seem to remain easy to dig....wanna help?

I didn't go to court yesterday. Looking at lacourt.org just now, looks like next hearing for Daniel Cierzan, case #PA095020 will be Monday 12-6-2021 8:30 am in Dept. N for another "pretrial conference".

I did NOT go to court yesterday. Next "Pretrial Conference" is JAN. 6, 2022. I did spend 1 day after Thanksgiving with my trusty shovel trying to locate a specific "aggregate" that might be mixed with some gravel road base in Haskell Open Space from Copperhill to the Power Distribution station. In about 7 weeks, we will be 5 years from William Cierzan's removal from his home by Daniel his nephew. I did document each search location in 2017, we were working as fast as we could because of massive rain storms rolling in, but it's difficult recalling just how wet, where the mud prevented any driving or walking off this road to a burial location.

TODAY is 5 years since William Cierzan went missing. Digging in unknown locations is a very slow process. I will attend court on 2-3-2022 for this case. I do know the court is considering putting juries together for backlogged cases immediately because my service starts on 2-7-2022 Monday.

I did NOT attend court Jan. 6, 2022 as I expected nothing of substance to happen, but I was wrong. Defense council offered up a "Plea Deal" to be ironed out this last month between both sides along with D.A. upper management staff and presented at today's hearing.....it would be "voluntary Man Slaughter", 6 years, less the 2 years already locked up for time served and 1/2 time for the remainder...do the math for a dead man known as William Cierzan. Linda (widow), Andrea Peck (oldest sister) prepared "victim Impact Statements" and were given with EMOTION. Additional attendees were Andrea's husband, another one of their sisters, Det. Carlin LASD, Chuck (dad), Tabitha (step sister) and Dawn (bio mom) that might have flown in from either Oregon or Florida that family hadn't seen in more than 10 years. Judge Zacky was required to reread the Transcripts of the Pre-trial hearing, probation reports, consider victim impact statements, consider defendant behavior. The Judge stated he had been on the bench for more than 15 years and in that time only rejected 5 "DEALS" that both sides had spent significant time in preparing....This was #6, NO DEAL Next hearing is scheduled for April 8, 2022 to consider any revised deal or expect a jury trial within 56 days after that....

I did NOT attend court Jan. 6, 2022 as I expected nothing of substance to happen, but I was wrong. Defense council offered up a "Plea Deal" to be ironed out this last month between both sides along with D.A. upper management staff and presented at today's hearing.....it would be "voluntary Man Slaughter", 6 years, less the 2 years already locked up for time served and 1/2 time for the remainder...do the math for a dead man known as William Cierzan. Linda (widow), Andrea Peck (oldest sister) prepared "victim Impact Statements" and were given with EMOTION. Additional attendees were Andrea's husband, another one of their sisters, Det. Carlin LASD, Chuck (dad), Tabitha (step sister) and Dawn (bio mom) that might have flown in from either Oregon or Florida that family hadn't seen in more than 10 years. Judge Zacky was required to reread the Transcripts of the Pre-trial hearing, probation reports, consider victim impact statements, consider defendant behavior. The Judge stated he had been on the bench for more than 15 years and in that time only rejected 5 "DEALS" that both sides had spent significant time in preparing....This was #6, NO DEAL Next hearing is scheduled for April 8, 2022 to consider any revised deal or expect a jury trial within 56 days after that....

So glad to hear the judge rejected the deal. I was very disheartened until I got to the end of your post.

i do hope, if they agree to any deals, that he must tell where Will is. I don’t agree with such a short sentence though and I’m so glad that the judge rejected this deal. Thank you for keeping us updated!

Next hearing is scheduled for April 8, 2022 to consider any revised deal or expect a jury trial within 56 days after that....

I'm glad it was rejected...to even offer a deal like that is outrageous. I agree with @totesmagoat that if any deal is made he should disclose where WC is. Five years is five years too long. Is this being held in Van Nuys?

Agreed with all below.
It's time for Will's grieving loved ones to be able to lay him respectfully to rest !

So glad to hear the judge rejected the deal. I was very disheartened until I got to the end of your post.
i do hope, if they agree to any deals, that he must tell where Will is. I don’t agree with such a short sentence though and I’m so glad that the judge rejected this deal. Thank you for keeping us updated!
I'm glad it was rejected...to even offer a deal like that is outrageous. I agree with @totesmagoat that if any deal is made he should disclose where WC is. Five years is five years too long. Is this being held in Van Nuys?

4-8-2022. As normal, I was the first in line to enter the courthouse, so I missed the broken down semi on the freeway, CHP bringing everyone behind me to a stop until they cleared the truck. Bio dad Chuck and Bio mom Dawn showed up, but sat a couple of seats from each other, Linda was there, D.A. was there but Daniel did not make the bus and his lawyer had a trial in Van Nuys. The lawyer was dealt with over court PA via WEBEX and then the bailiff told everyone that Daniel is in Quarantine for another 7 days, so his 2 Bio parents had no clue, lawyer had no clue. This was pushed forward until May 4, 2022 and will be considered "26 day of 56" meaning that within 26 days of May 4th, trial needs to happen.

5-4-2022 Wednesday. Daniel Cierzan was in lock-up, Chuck Cierzan and defense atty. Andrew Flier was present, female from Santa Clarita was present. Linda, Andrea were NOT present and the D.A. Tannaz Mokayef called in on WEBEX. We learned that further out of court negotiations had been going on. Nothing official went into the court record today but could be stated on May 26 as both the Defense Atty. & D.A. have back to back trials happening. It sounds like a "DEAL" is where all efforts are happening. This is NOT OFFICIAL, but stated in open court were 11 years and Daniel will wave "TIME SERVED"....remembering California is always "HALF TIME", so the assumption is 5 1/2 more years to serve.

I can't help but wonder if the Prosecutor has permission from Will's family to "sweeten the deal" because they are just desperate to find Will at this point.

Today Thursday May 26, 2022 should have been the day the "DEAL" was to be heard and entered into court. D.A., Victim advocate that is there each time Linda comes to court, Andrea & Husband, a female from Santa Clarita, Daniel and his bio parents Chuck & Dawn and Atty. Andrew Flier were there. D.A. & Flier went into Judge Zacky's chambers, then they came out. Flier went into the holding cell to talk with Daniel, D.A. started setting up her laptop with a Power Point that might have been a CASE SUMMARY. They brought Daniel out and Flier had stated something to the Judge about additional information that the D.A. knew nothing about, the Victims knew nothing about, so we would need to RETURN SOON. D.A. has a 2 month trial in Downtown Los Angeles starting June 1, Defense atty. has a new trial also, so they made this Tuesday May 31, 2022 the return date for hearing this information. We get out into the Hallway and Andrea can't make it that day. She had a victim impact statement she wanted to give along with Linda too. None of us know what this information is and I'm NOT GUESSING. PUT IT OUT THERE TODAY, WE'RE ALL HERE AND PREPARED.

Today Thursday May 26, 2022 should have been the day the "DEAL" was to be heard and entered into court. D.A., Victim advocate that is there each time Linda comes to court, Andrea & Husband, a female from Santa Clarita, Daniel and his bio parents Chuck & Dawn and Atty. Andrew Flier were there. D.A. & Flier went into Judge Zacky's chambers, then they came out. Flier went into the holding cell to talk with Daniel, D.A. started setting up her laptop with a Power Point that might have been a CASE SUMMARY. They brought Daniel out and Flier had stated something to the Judge about additional information that the D.A. knew nothing about, the Victims knew nothing about, so we would need to RETURN SOON. D.A. has a 2 month trial in Downtown Los Angeles starting June 1, Defense atty. has a new trial also, so they made this Tuesday May 31, 2022 the return date for hearing this information. We get out into the Hallway and Andrea can't make it that day. She had a victim impact statement she wanted to give along with Linda too. None of us know what this information is and I'm NOT GUESSING. PUT IT OUT THERE TODAY, WE'RE ALL HERE AND PREPARED.
Thanks for the update TMS

Tuesday 5-31-2022...This case is now over and the following is in the court records. I am trying to just enter those spoken words and not put my opinion out as those following for as long as I have searched are smart enough to see through Daniels answers. The paper package created since 5-26-2022 Thursday's hearing is what Def. Atty. Andrew Flier calls a Mitigation package and NOT NEW INFORMATION RELATING TO THIS TRIAL....Trying to sway Judge Zacky.

With NO BODY, VOLUNTARY MANSLAUGHTER was the charge which has a max. of 11 years by law and 3 years of Probation. Judge Zacky explained that if we went to trial for Murder 1 (jury/judge), guilty would be 25 years to life, 2nd degree Murder would be 15 years to life and Daniel would have to prove he was defending himself during an argument that happened Jan. 26, 2017.

Both sides agreed to a waiver of any and all APPELLATE RIGHTS. We then started what was called a FACTUAL HEARING where D.A. Tannaz Mokayef could ask as many questions in open court as she wanted to lock in evidence never presented in court and minimal involvement from Atty. Flier without Daniel raising his hand for TRUTH. He had to state that he lied about the time he arrived at the Cierzan home and the time he left for the day. Daniel admitted to having 5 beers and William did also prior to 12 noon when they went to the 7-11 behind the house on Seco Cyn. to purchase a case of beer to last the day, showing William entering the store and purchasing the beer from store video. At some point, Daniel states that William was making statements of what a terrible dad Chuck has been in raising Daniel. Daniel stated that William got up out of the chair in the computer room where they were watching t.v. and then hit Daniel in the mouth/nose area of his face. Right after that, William lost his balance and hit his head on the desk where the monitor was sitting and began bleeding a lot. Daniel never called 911, never rendered aid of any kind, claims to have checked for a pulse. Daniel couldn't answer how all the blood spatter got on the living room walls, the china cabinet in the living room, front door area. Daniel admitted to trying to clean up as much blood as he could and that what was left and found by CSI might have been less than 1/2 of the original amount. Daniel stated he backed the 4-Runner into the driveway and carried William out the front door locking his arm under Williams arm pit, then into the back of the SUV, which we learned left at 5:12 pm from the neighbors video camera. Daniel admits to disposing the body in a dumpster at a CVS drugstore on Soledad Cyn. which I believe to be on the south side of Soledad, between Camp Plenty & Whites Cyn. without stating the route taken. He then admitted to spray washing out the bed of the SUV as it had a bunch of blood in it over in Newhall. Then the D.A. put his SUV arriving at the B. of A. Bank on Seco time stamped 6:02 PM on their video of the parking lot.

I didn't include things like being asked about the chicken cooking in the oven. I might have a law enforcement deputy ride with me on verifying the time it should take to leave Linda's house, stop in the back of CVS, see if that dumpster is locked, head over to the hand spray car wash and back to B. of A. bank and see how it fits to the 50 minutes that is documented and send a report to D.A.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oceandreamer753
Back