CA, Winek, Mark 69, Sharie 65, Brooke 38--deceased, teen kidnapped, Riverside 11/25/22

That^^^^ is extremely frightening. So he planned to move his 'new bride' into this home with blacked out windows, and then what?
I think sorts of torture! I hope I'm wrong, but that's the first thing that pops in my mind!
I'm totally blown away by this as I just learned this was my friend's family!
Totally blown away!

I think sorts of torture! I hope I'm wrong, but that's the first thing that pops in my mind!
I'm totally blown away by this as I just learned this was my friend's family!
Totally blown away!
Seriously? My heart goes out to your friend. What a nightmare. I cannot imagine how shocking and devastating that must be for surviving family members. And that poor teen----she is going to feel so guilty and it was NOT her fault but it will be impossible not to feel like it was without a lot of counselling and support/

Seriously? My heart goes out to your friend. What a nightmare. I cannot imagine how shocking and devastating that must be for surviving family members. And that poor teen----she is going to feel so guilty and it was NOT her fault but it will be impossible not to feel like it was without a lot of counselling and support/
Oh katydid23 I know what you mean! That poor child! How does one process all this?

Attachments

• 02087A92-37F4-4F6D-ADDF-8A6942B0E511.jpeg
    02087A92-37F4-4F6D-ADDF-8A6942B0E511.jpeg
    122 KB · Views: 18
  • 08236346-680C-45ED-A014-6350A4C37DC4.jpeg
    08236346-680C-45ED-A014-6350A4C37DC4.jpeg
    127.3 KB · Views: 16
How did he get hired, TWICE, into Law Enforcement, with that 'gun removal' in his history?
right, and this is why I'm not surprised there've allegedly been some suspicious things in the investigation* and a lot of dragging of feet/withholding of information: it looks terrible for LE if they're forced to answer why they hired and enabled someone who was so clearly disqualified from this line of work.

* = see:

I just found out this was one of my friends family members that got murdered and the teen kidnapped!
Wow!
Her sister, brother in law and niece were murdered and her great niece kidnapped!
Wow!
My friend and I used to be roommates when I was in college so we go way back!
I'm so stunned I can't even tell you!
What a terrible situation!
im so sorry to your friend. absolutely horrible.

right, and this is why I'm not surprised there've allegedly been some suspicious things in the investigation* and a lot of dragging of feet/withholding of information: it looks terrible for LE if they're forced to answer why they hired and enabled someone who was so clearly disqualified from this line of work.

* = see:
my speculation is the family was killed w the service weapon and they are afraid of lawsuits....

The more that comes out about this guy, the angrier I get. He had a history of grooming young girls!

www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2023-01-08/austin-lee-edwards-groomed-nudes-girl-teen

The woman told The Times that she wanted to share her story to let the public know that Edwards had a history of grooming and soliciting sexual images from minors, even before he was hired as a law enforcement officer. She spoke with Edwards on and off for about two years, she said, but when they first connected, they talked multiple times a week.

The 13-year-old and the 20-year-old first met in October 2014 on Omegle, an online platform that randomly pairs users to communicate. One day later, on Oct. 25, 2014, they began talking on Skype. The pair initially bonded over memes, the woman said. But the conversations very quickly turned sexual.
Edwards would also convey his violent thoughts. On April 10, 2015, he asked her to Skype.

“i cant yet,” she told him.

“why’s that,” he replied.

“bc my mom,” she said.

“kill her,” he wrote.

* = see:
LBH, this isnt new, its par for the course when the perp is one

In a previously unreported letter obtained by The Times, the head of the Virginia State Police detailed errors in his agency’s hiring of Austin Lee Edwards, the now-deceased “catfish” cop who killed three people in Riverside in late November.

Although Edwards had told the agency about his 2016 visit to a psychiatric facility, the agency failed to search databases for his mental health history before hiring him as an officer...

Edwards left the state police after nine months and joined the Washington County Sheriff’s Office as a deputy...

Both law enforcement agencies have faced scrutiny for hiring Edwards and, at the request of Gov. Glenn Youngkin, Virginia’s inspector general is investigating the state police’s hiring of Edwards.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back