GUILTY CA - Yolanda Holtrey, 59, and Michelle Luke, 49, slain, Westminster, 1 Jan 2017 *Arrest*

Maybe it has something to do with the selling of the victims home or something sexual.If the wife had been drinking at the party that may be why she did not hear(or not remember) him leaving.Most murders involve money or sex,or he is a psychopath.
That was a strange interview with the wife,she could have been discussing a car accident instead of her husband killing her two co workers.

Yes, he lived in Arizona, Hawaii then California. I believe he also lived in England.
He has supposedly committed his first major felonies at age 37? If he is the one who committed this crime, I'd be looking at what else he has been doing for the past 20 years.

Christopher Ireland. I know this person. I've been feeling sad about it all day since I accidentally discovered the story. I've had a strange day today. While walking my dogs at the park this morning I had three interesting things happen. First I found a cell phone at the park. It was dead. I put it in my pocket. I continued walking. On the sidewalk I saw some graffiti. It said something about R.I.P. Austin. I continued my walk and came to see next to the sidewalk a memorial with candles, photos, a skateboard words written on it from a friend of his, cards etc., you know. There was a laminated sheet with photos of two 18 year olds. With there names and the date of the death. I memorized one of the names of the boys, Austin Colby Mitchell. So I went home and did some research and found out that these two 18 year old best friends for there entire life had died in a car accident on 12/5/15. I read about them. They had died at around 2:00 am. All that the story said was that they believe that the boys were driving at a high rate of speed and lost control of the car and crashed into a pole. The two boys were found dead. There was a third in the car in critical condition. I believe he survived.
So I was reading that story online. I believe it was maybe a Huntington Beach local news site. Anyway right next to this story was the story of Christopher Ireland. I had not heard of the story yet. I first saw the name Christopher Ireland in the story. I knew the name. I read the story and it shocked me. I became saddened. I just couldn't believe it.
All through the day I guess I can say it has sorted haunted me. What I mean is, every few minutes it comes to my head, all day.What I feel so bad about is that I have seen him in his relationship with his little boy. I have a son about his son's age. I believe he is about 11 years old. They had what I think was a beautiful relationship. It hurts me to know the effect that his father's decision is going to have on him. I'm so sad for that boy. He will never be able to play with his dad again. I even feel for Christopher Ireland. He will never be able to play with his beautiful child again. His decision has devastated his son. He has devastated the women's families and friends.
I know people think that he is a monster and I guess he is, but I'm telling you he had a great father son relationship from what I saw. He was a loving father. This part of his life was normal. His relationship with his son. I'll even say better than normal. He obviously has a sick side too. I know that this guy is feeling horrible pain about the loss of his son. It kills me that this boy is having to deal with this. He will never be the same beautiful boy that he was.
Well those were the three interesting things that happened to me today on this strange day. It feels like for some reason, God, wanted for me to know about this situation, because like I said, I only found this story on accident. I am only an acquaintance of this man. Which is a whole other story in itself but I don't feel I should get to personal about it, so I won't. I did try to text his phone to reach out to whoever may receive the text to offer my support to their son. But for some reason his phone was blocking messages. I may actually call the number and see if maybe his wife answers. I know this probably seems strange since I have already stated that I thought that her interview was odd. Just because I thought her statements seemed odd doesn't mean that she is lying though. She could just be in shock and acting what appears to be strange.
So again, the "strange day", I found the phone, the boys killed in the car accident, lead me to the story of this horrible murder.
I brought the phone home with me. I assumed it was dead and broken but my charger fit it so I charged. It worked. So in trying to figure out the mystery of this phone I came to realize that this phone belonged to a drug dealer. There was also a single photo in the gallery. A selfie. Her name is Julie. From the messages with her contacts I figured out that she seemed to be some kind of I think almost a possibly smalltime drug trader. I should say that I know she was a small time drug trader, the homeless part I'm pretty sure about.
A Strange Day. Has anybody ever heard the song, A Strange Day, by The Cure. It's actually one of my all time favorites. It is beautiful. One that probably not to many of you have heard. [video=youtube;c4mym0EFKM8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4mym0EFKM8[/video]
This strange day is what brought me to sign up at this site. A Strange Day.

That is a crazy day you've had. I can only imagine how bizarre it would be to see a very familiar name come across the news for a horrific story. The sadness of his young child's loss is only the beginning. So many broken hearts and shattered dreams at his hands.

This will be a very curious case. I remember following the case Juan Martinez prosecuted (sleepwalking defense). Like others have pointed out, it seems almost impossible Ambien could do this (so many details to not remember anything). Thank god for the surveillance cameras.

I wonder if he flirted with another woman at the party and one of the coworkers were going to say something to the wife? Who knows. Obviously no excuse.

I want to know if he moved their bodies to Newport Beach that night, or perhaps took them back to his place and hid them there temporarily. Police apparently responded to the victim's home at 5:30 am on New Year's Day. The bodies were found the next day, January 2nd, according to this story:

http://abc7.com/news/man-charged-w--murders-of-2-women-after-westminster-fire/1686881/

I am no expert on sleepwalking, but it seems incredible that he could drive 14 miles each way while asleep, not to mention drag two bodies from his car to the field.

There's a sports park at the location described in the news reports: Ford Road and Bonita Canyon Drive.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/B...1s0x80dce0a04e0bf7d9:0x7db4d5ef5761b126?hl=en

He is heavily involved with soccer, maybe was a familiar soccer field

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I wonder if there was a sign of forced entry or they could have let him in with knowing him and seeing him earlier at their home.Very scary that you invite friends into your home and one can return to kill you.This is why I am so cautious with people,even the friendly ones I know.

From the sources I've read, an autopsy was supposed to have been done on Tuesday. Why no news follow ups?

I want to know when his family moved to California from Hawaii.
I wonder if there is any communication going on between Westminster P.D. and Hawaii investigators?

I agree it seems strange that his wife didn't seem upset at all. I think most people would be extremely upset if two good friends were murdered (and one mutilated) and their husband was accused of committing the crime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's been a total news blackout in this case. No new information since day one. No autopsy results, nothing.

Yolanda Holtrey's funeral was on Saturday in Westminster.

I hope we hear more after Ireland's arraignment, which is scheduled for this Friday.

There's been a total news blackout in this case. No new information since day one. No autopsy results, nothing.
I feel like this happens in Orange County. They don't want to dirty up O.C.'s image.

He pleaded not guilty today. So it looks like he didn't go home first after the party and then come back to kill them, he actually killed them while his family waited out in the car then went home. He dropped his family off at home and came back to set the house on fire and take the bodies.
I'm thinking now that his wife knew that he did it because he must have had blood on him when he came out of the house. http://patch.com/california/newport...-years-day-double-murder-bodies-found-newport

The plot thickens. So is she now complicit? She clearly went on camera (in her bathrobe, no doubt) to profess her husband's innocence - and unconvincingly in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of these articles call him a real estate agent. His wife also had her real estate license. They had only recently become licensed. I wouldn't be surprised if they had actually never made a real estate sale. Yolanda Holtrey may have been the first person/client that they were trying to help sell a house. Maybe she was changing her mind about selling or had told them that she was going to go with somebody more experienced. The Ireland's maybe were desperate for money and he got pissed and killed her.
I know it seems like a stupid theory but in the interview with the wife, she does say something like, "why would a real estate agent kill his client, that would be stupid."
It would seem stupid to kill your client.
If he is just some kind of thrill killer he would have chosen another victim. He's a killer but he was also a family man trying support his family. You don't kill your paycheck.
This all made more sense to me when I thought that a psycho went back to the house after he put his family to bed. Now it seems more like he was mad at her when he killed them while his wife was waiting outside for them to leave.

He certainly didn't "sleepwalk" back to the house and kill them. He committed the murders while his wife waited in the car, according to prosecutors. He went back to the house later to dispose of the bodies and set the fire. I don't think he slept a wink in that time.

Her initial statements are suspicious to me. I hope the authorities take a closer look at her and her possible involvement, before and/or after the fact.

We still haven't heard anything about motive.

Come on now! He killed them while she waited in the car and she acts as if she knew nothing about it...rightttttt

All of these articles call him a real estate agent. His wife also had her real estate license. They had only recently become licensed. I wouldn't be surprised if they had actually never made a real estate sale. Yolanda Holtrey may have been the first person/client that they were trying to help sell a house. Maybe she was changing her mind about selling or had told them that she was going to go with somebody more experienced. The Ireland's maybe were desperate for money and he got pissed and killed her.
I know it seems like a stupid theory but in the interview with the wife, she does say something like, "why would a real estate agent kill his client, that would be stupid."
It would seem stupid to kill your client.
If he is just some kind of thrill killer he would have chosen another victim. He's a killer but he was also a family man trying support his family. You don't kill your paycheck.
This all made more sense to me when I thought that a psycho went back to the house after he put his family to bed. Now it seems more like he was mad at her when he killed them while his wife was waiting outside for them to leave.

Yes,I mentioned this in an earlier post.Most murders or crimes involve money and/or sex,it seems no sex was involved so I think a business deal gone bad.

Hi there. I've been following this with a lot of interest, since I also knew Chris and his family from their time in Hawaii. Not meaning to sound cliché but I always thought there was something not right about him. The wife was a bit unusual as well.

(Edited - felt best not to share some content) It's possible that there _may_ have been some sex (perhaps one or both were blackmailing him) involved. But they did struggle for money. So like others have said, could be about money too.

And the fact that the family were waiting outside + her interview, highly suspicious.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back