Cadaver dogs have hit on dumpster near home #2

And why would Teresa want it searched? I'm not understanding . If Teresa had knowledge that Haleigh had once been there I would think she wouldn't point that out to LE.

Thanks for bringing this thread back to life... I miss both Pirate and Shaymus..They were excellent sleuthers..

I truly feel Pirate was "right on" when she stated TN knew Haleigh had been placed in that dumpster for some period of time before she was moved to another destination...And that is WHY she requested LE to search that dumpster...JMO

wow....is this a rumor? Please, if you could back up with a link. I never heard Teresa was the one that asked Law Enforcement to search the dumpster. I could have sworn it was because of a cadaver dog hit. TIA

By the way, I think Haleigh was first in this dumpster as well. I have always thought that.

wow....is this a rumor? Please, if you could back up with a link. I never heard Teresa was the one that asked Law Enforcement to search the dumpster. I could have sworn it was because of a cadaver dog hit. TIA

After a year, I don't have a link... This was discussed at lenght over a year ago though..And IIRC someone from a local station did report the dumpster was searched at the request of a family member...Since TN was running the show, I suspect she is/was the one who made the request...

I also suspect she led them there knowing the dogs would hit on something, but she knew even IF they did, she and her family had already taken care of what needed to be done to make certain Haleigh is never found...JMO

My memory is cloudy on this Toms Girl but for some reason I remember Teresa Neves claiming that she felt that the dumpster needed to be searched and asked the dog handlers to check it.

I may be incorrect- it's been a few months and I'm on cold medicine today.:innocent:

Never mind....I found it,

And why would Teresa want it searched? I'm not understanding . If Teresa had knowledge that Haleigh had once been there I would think she wouldn't point that out to LE.

Why not, if she knew that she and her family had made arrangements to dispose of Haleigh's remains in a way never be found?
Which I believe is exactly what they did...JMO

Jessica: buried alive in a yard (neighbor perp, sexual crime motive)
Trenton: gone, whereabouts unknown (mother presumed perp/motive unknown)
Caylee: thrown into a ditch like garbage (mother presumed perp/bad coping/bad parenting motive)
Haleigh: gone, whereabouts unknown (unknown perp/motive unknown)
Somer: found in a landfill (neighborhood resident presumed perp/sexual crime motive)

Why throw Haleigh into the dumpster if we can presume that whatever happened to her happened well before 3 a.m. when Misty saw "three"? It seems to me that she could have gone anywhere with anyone in the time from when she got home.

The one problem with the dumpster hit for me is that there is no evidence the dogs hit on Haleigh's scent. They hit on A scent; and no offense, but with elderly people living in that area, it isn't uncommon for older people to die at home. If anyone has seen Sunshine Cleaning, oftentimes material is just dumped in the first available dumpster (regardless of EPA restrictions, we all know it's done). So it could have been something as innocuous as that.

Haleigh is gone, whereabouts unknown, with motive unknown, and perp unknown. Though we can all speculate as to motive and perp, what we cannot speculate is whereabouts. We know she didn't sleep in the master bed. We know her blanket smelled like pee. We know the shirt she was said to have worn to school was found in the home.

But nothing ties her to the dumpster.

The search was initiated because of a cadaver dog hit. Various dogs had been used in the search for Haleigh but the day that the dumpster was emptied was the first day the cadaver dogs were brought in.

Link: http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/022609Haleigh_Search

snip~It was during one of the searches Thursday that a dog specially trained to find human remains alerted on the dumpster. Major Bowling said the dumpster had been checked before but not as thoroughly as the search conducted Thursday evening.~end

link: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,501784,00.html

snip~Schauland said the endeavor wasn't the result of any new information in the case but a "routine procedure of re-checking areas that had been previously searched to be sure that nothing had been overlooked."

It sounds as if this dumpster had been looked at before but not as thoroughly, if the cadaver dogs were just brought in that day, I would want them to recover all area's as well. Perhaps this is where the rumor that TN directed a handler where to go originated from. ...Regardless, the search was a big joke in my opinion and a gaffe of unknown proportions. All those LE stomping around in there, throwing the bags out onto the grass, not very professional in my opinion. Of course nothing could link Haleigh to the dumpster...how could it?

They had three individual dogs that all acted anomaly? The teams consist of cadaver dogs that specifically seek out human remains. What is the likely hood of "Three" dogs hitting on the same spot and having a false positive that are trained to seek out HUMAN REMAINS be wrong? "IMO", the dogs hit on someones blood/human scent/decomp. It was a construction dumpster.

IMO, something just dose not sound right and they needed to do a deeper search in the dumpster and surrounding area that day.

anomaly
1.Deviation or departure from the normal or common order, form, or rule.
2.One that is peculiar, irregular, abnormal, or difficult to classify: “Both men are anomalies:

Cadaver Search Dogs Return For Haleigh Search
Friday, February 27, 2009

K-9 Units Search For Missing Girl: Video
http://www.wesh.com/video/18807325/index.html

SATSUMA --Putnam County Sheriff's Office and the cadaver search dogs continue searching the area near the home of Haleigh Cummings.

The sheriff's office searched a Dumpster approximately a quarter-mile from where Haleigh disappeared on Feb. 10.

Three cadaver search dogs alerted on the Dumpster around 3 p.m.

Investigators found brush and debris inside. All were remnants of a home being renovated. The sheriff's office said they did not take anything from the Dumpster.
Bloodhounds had searched the area several times in the past. The dogs' handler described the incident as an anomaly.
http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/...er_search_dogs_return_for_haleigh_search.html

K-9s Continue Search For Haleigh
Investigators Say Trash Bin Search Yielded No Clues

UPDATED: 8:06 am EST February 27, 2009

Officials said because the dogs can hit on almost any kind of blood, it doesn't have to mean it's from Haleigh.
Earlier on Thursday, Misty Croslin, the 17-year-old girlfriend of Haleigh's father, was spotted speaking with a detective. She had walked across the street with fresh clothes.
Croslin will eventually be interviewed again by Putnam County investigators. Haleigh's grandmother, Teresa Neves, said all the questioning has taken its toll on Croslin.
"It's hard when you've got all that scrutiny on Misty because she was the last person to see the child," Neves said.
Putnam County officials have brought in a new trash bin. They're taking trash bags and bringing them there to empty and use a pitchfork to go through the garbage in hopes of finding any clues that may lead them to Haleigh.

Article:http://www.wesh.com/news/18808619/detail.html

Investigators said the search was not in response to leads received from the family or the public, but as a routine procedure that has proven itself in other missing child cases.

The canine teams are a part of Canine South, a non-law enforcement organization that specializes in canine searches. The teams consist of cadaver dogs that specifically seek out human remains.
http://www.wftv.com/news/18801373/detail.html

Searching for Haleigh: K-9s fail to find missing girl
Update: February 28, 2009

SATSUMA, Florida - Cadaver dogs found no trace of missing 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings on Friday, and her family members continued to plead for the little girl's safe return.
Thursday evening, three dogs brought attention to a dumpster near the Satsuma home from which Haleigh disappeared early this month, but after a thorough search, investigators said it contained no human remains.
Teresa Neves, said her family had expected the search to turn up nothing because they think Haleigh is alive but that it was a relief nonetheless to know that investigators found nothing in the dumpster.
Article:http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,5831681.story

The search for Haleigh
February 26, 2009 - 1:43 PM

Police said that in most cases, something is found within half a mile of crime scene on a second search.

The Putnam County Sheriffs Office called in the K9 South unit from Georgia to search and they did bring cadaver dogs. There are seven dogs searching today and 12 dogs plan to be used tomorrow in the search for little Haleigh. The dog handlers refused to speak to media or answer questions.

http://www.cbs12.com/news/search_4715036___article.html/dogs_police.html

Dogs Trained To Find Human Remains To Search Near Haleigh Home
POSTED: Thursday, February 26, 2009
SATSUMA, Fla. -- Several teams of dogs specially trained to find human remains searched the area around the mobile home where 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings disappeared Feb. 10. A K-9 team from a group called Canine South was brought in to conduct the search "to ensure that no possibility is overlooked in the search for Haleigh."

Putnam County sheriff's Capt. Dick Schauland said the search was not prompted by any specific leads, "but as a routine procedure that has proven itself in other missing child cases."

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18...lpn_12pm&tmi=orlpn_12pm_1_10550102262009&ts=H
Cadaver Dogs Return to Haleigh's Neighborhood
Posted By: Gary Detman Updated: 2/26/2009
SATSUMA, FL -- Cadaver dogs and their handlers are back in the woods and fields around the home of Haleigh Cummings, looking for any signs of the little girl.

The five-year-old has been missing since she went to bed on the night of February 9th.

The cadaver dogs are searching the panels under homes in the neighborhood. The dogs are trained to specifically seek out human remains and are part of Canine South, a non-law enforcement group specializing in canine searches.

"Today's search is not in response to leads received from the family or the public, but as a routine procedure that has proven itself in other missing child cases," said Captain Dick Schauland.

Thursday's ground search is the first major organized effort in some time.

Investigators have been chasing false leads across the First Coast and in Tennessee since shifting the search for Haleigh to more of an investigative approach in the case last week.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=132277&catid=3

But what is there to prove that what those dogs hit on was in any way related to Haleigh? As we know, cadaver dogs are trained to find very new scents, as well as very old scents. I need something to tie this dumpster into Haleigh's case and not just some old bio waste from something else.

...Regardless, the search was a big joke in my opinion and a gaffe of unknown proportions. All those LE stomping around in there, throwing the bags out onto the grass, not very professional in my opinion. Of course nothing could link Haleigh to the dumpster...how could it?

I totally agree with the bolded statement. When I saw how they were searching the dumpster I thought "what are they doing??" That was no way to search for evidence! I have always wished they had at least let the dogs come back and snif at the garbage they threw on the ground to see if they would have alerted again and what they alerted on. There could have been body fluid in that dumpster among the garbage and through DNA identified if it was Haleigh. They appeared to only be looking for a body! Very bad decision not to do it correctly. At least it would have ruled it out 100%. JMO

Maybe they had to get the trash bags out of the dumpster in order to go through them? But yes, it did look weird. I sure wouldn't want to be waist deep inside that thing digging through all that trash with my hands... even with 6 pairs of gloves on!

I wonder which kind of cadaver dogs were used. There are some who are specially trained that will only hit on decomp odors. They do NOT hit on blood, or bodily fluids. But I found out awhile back that there are cross-trained dogs too. Would really like to know which kind these dogs were.

If you guys want to ask some questions about dogs of our new member who is a professional in using dogs with search and rescue, go ahead and ask some and I'll invite her here to answer them for you.

Thanks, Kimster. I'd be interested to hear her opinion regarding the three cadaver dogs hitting on the dumpster. Can she explain why that would happen if there was no postmortem organic matter in the dumpster? Or can we safely assume that there was such material in the dumpster though the source was not evident?

I would like to know if a dog is trained to specifically "seek out human remains" and they hit on the dumpster than how can they dismiss this as a false hit saying it could have been a bloody bandage or whatever, a bloody bandage is not "human remains".. I thought that "trained in seeking out human remains" they would be trained to hit on the smell of decomposition not on a bloody bandage.... Could you please clarify for us what exactly they are trained to hit on, whether it be on decomp or blood? If they are trained to hit on blood they would be blood hounds.... Sorry I have always been POed about this, because I think LE dropped the ball here.

I am very interested in all the dog searches. I think the first dogs who arrived and tracked Haleigh needs to be explored. What happened at the tracks to stop the dogs? I have read the dogs tracked to the pond, through the woods to the clearing and to the docks but stopped at the tracks on Buffalo Bluff. Can they track a vehicle with scent and then it disappaites? I heard with Lacy Peterson, the dogs tracked a long while.

Also is the scent the first arrival dogs a live scent?

I am very interested in all the dog searches. I think the first dogs who arrived and tracked Haleigh needs to be explored. What happened at the tracks to stop the dogs? I have read the dogs tracked to the pond, through the woods to the clearing and to the docks but stopped at the tracks on Buffalo Bluff. Can they track a vehicle with scent and then it disappaites? I heard with Lacy Peterson, the dogs tracked a long while.

Also is the scent the first arrival dogs a live scent?

Hi Whisperer, Yes they did, from the Hwy coming out of Modesto all the way to the end of the dock at the Berkeley Marina. Special dogs they were that scent rafts of skin.

I remember the day I read about the 3 dogs alerting at the dumpster by Haleigh's house and the wording of 'on the dumpster' was used. I didn't think of Haleigh as having been put into the dumpster, but rather tucked under it, hidden temporarily 'til they could figure out what to do with the body.

Then I saw a photo of that dumpster which seemed very big and with lots of grass and high weeds growing around it. It seemed to fit.

Just sayin', IMO xox

PS: I would love to meet our new poster who knows allot about sniffer dogs. I'd never get any work done. LOLOLOL :angel: Thanks Kimster

If you guys want to ask some questions about dogs of our new member who is a professional in using dogs with search and rescue, go ahead and ask some and I'll invite her here to answer them for you.

OHHH, I have read the Sarx posts on the Amber Dubois case. After I saw Amber's gma and the PI state on NG that dogs tracked her scent to the area she was found SIX MONTHS AFTER SHE DISAPPEARED it got my attention and I had to research more.
She also posted on the Chelsea King case a lot. Interesting stuff.

link to Amber's thread about the dogs

Dogs - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Well worth reading everyone.

Would it be possible for LE to have found something in that dumpster and just kept it a secret? I'm asking this because it seem like everytime they FOUND "evidence" they would come back and say "Nope, not related to Haleigh".:banghead: Could this be the opposite?

maybe they couldn't reveal what they found in the dumpster because it was only a small peice to this puzzle..they needed more. I know this may be wishful thinking but I pray that they found some type of evidence in that dumpster or on it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back