California City, CA - Deverrie Schiller strangled June 2016

JaneEyre

Kindness matters - always
Reaction score
Murder victim’s mother tries unconventional method to keep daughter’s case alive

CALIFORNIA CITY, CA - Today marks two years since the body of a young woman was found in a park across the street from the California City home she shared with her mother. Since then, her mother has done just about everything she can to get justice for her daughter in the small desert town where the police department is constantly fighting to stay afloat.

It's been two years since 23-year-old Deverrie Schiller was strangled in Cal City's Central Park. Today police officers and some who knew Deverrie gathered together at the spot now called Deverrie's diamond.

"It's where she was found..it's horrible, no body should see that," said Fones.

But Debi has seen the haunting images of her lifeless daughter. Images she says she can't get out of her mind.

"The person who reported the crime, when they found the body had actually taken some pictures with their cell phone and then later those photos were showed on social media," said Sgt. Shannon Hayes.

Seeing the images on social media was another devastating blow for Debi, but it inspired her idea today that's certainly out of the ordinary.

http://www.kget.com/news/local-news...thod-to-keep-daughter-s-case-alive/1266125327

The signs she put up in Kern County are for her daughter, 23-year-old Deverrie Schiller, KGET reports.

"Busting grow houses is good."

"Busting killers is better."

She said she knows that the California City Police Department has limited resources.

But seeing manpower poured into seizing marijuana has her questioning why the resources are going toward that - and not finding her daughter's murderer, she told KGET.

Three Billboards Outside of California City

I remember how awful this was when it happened - I can't believe it's already almost been 3 years. I hope something can breathe new life into the case soon.

I sure wouldn't feel safe in that community - and I definitely wouldn't give up until my child's killer was found.

Here is a podcast I listened to with Deverrie's mother Debi...

http://themurderinmyfamily.com/episode-11-deverrie-schiller/

I know this is still an "ongoing investigation," but it is said that Deverrie left the house with a male friend, correct? Was this person questioned and what happened after they left the house? What about her cell phone? Was it with her when she was found? Anything on the cell phone?

Stay Strong Debi!

Here is a podcast I listened to with Deverrie's mother Debi...

http://themurderinmyfamily.com/episode-11-deverrie-schiller/

I know this is still an "ongoing investigation," but it is said that Deverrie left the house with a male friend, correct? Was this person questioned and what happened after they left the house? What about her cell phone? Was it with her when she was found? Anything on the cell phone?

Stay Strong Debi!

Thanks for sharing this podcast link!

Her mother asked that a thread be created and then disappeared. I was hoping she would become a verified insider and post.

I’m so sorry guys. I’m not sure how to utilize this website.
So basically, until you are verified and can post inside information that may not be in the mainstream media, you are allowed to discuss anything that is in mainstream media regarding the case. So if there are any other links you want to share, we can discuss. I’ve notified the mods that we seem to be waiting on the verification process.

If you have any questions about how the site works, just ask us. People are generally very helpful and friendly here.

I believe I did start the verification process and I'm not sure how to check. I think I posted all or most of the available links, the only other things I have are the slide shows I've made. Thank you guys for all your help.

I believe I did start the verification process and I'm not sure how to check. I think I posted all or most of the available links, the only other things I have are the slide shows I've made. Thank you guys for all your help.
I’m going to tag @Tricia , the owner of the site, to be sure the process has begun for you.

Not a hard process you just have to jump through a few hoops. Good luck. You are in good hands with @Tricia. Hopefully you will join us for the victims march April 9th in Bakersfield.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back