California preschool closes amid reports of sexual activity among 5-yr-old children

Call me stupid....but I've taught kindergarten, ran home day care and raised my children. I know children may touch themselves at an early age but Children do not know HOW TO GIVE ORAL SEX UNLESS THEY ARE TAUGHT ...either by seeing this act or being taught it.

I don't know if I believe this story.
Ugh...just really pisses me off.

Thank you for voicing what I am thinking!

There is no way a young child is going to put their mouth on a sex organ unless they've been abused or saw the action happening at some point in their young life. That that original child taught the others to do what he/she was doing because that's what children do.... try what is being showed to them.

Young children may play "show me yours I'll show you mine" or play with themselves or maybe even touch another child...

But no way would one think, "let me suck on you..."

LINK HERE

Let me first say that this link is for a site on sexual health and human sexuality sponsored by the Society of Obstetricians and Gynecology in Canada. It is not salacious. However, it deals with all stages of human sexuality and it might be offensive to some.

In any case, I read the guidelines and recommendations for children aged 2-8 years of age, and while there is much talk of what can be considered to be normal sexual play between children, oral-genital consistently falls into the area of concerning behavior.

I hope CPS also evaluated the home of the male child involved in this story fwiw, and perhaps dad will be forthcoming with those results.

I am kind of wondering whether the findings were as benign as those of the little girl's home.

All it takes is one kid that lives in a home with parents the fight and one says "Suck my d***" in front of the kid. Without being abused, I clearly knew what that meant at 5 years old, and it was from being exposed to bad language and nothing more. And while I never did it at that age, it was a concept I was familiar with, and therefore, it wouldn't have bothered me much if someone else had brought it up.

I'm just saying, not everything is a sign of abuse.

All it takes is one kid that lives in a home with parents the fight and one says "Suck my d***" in front of the kid. Without being abused, I clearly knew what that meant at 5 years old, and it was from being exposed to bad language and nothing more. And while I never did it at that age, it was a concept I was familiar with, and therefore, it wouldn't have bothered me much if someone else had brought it up.

Exactly.

And nowadays, a kid need only pop the wrong DVD or videocassette into a machine (or view an unlocked channel) to learn more about sex than my generation learned before college.

In any case, I read the guidelines and recommendations for children aged 2-8 years of age, and while there is much talk of what can be considered to be normal sexual play between children, oral-genital consistently falls into the area of concerning behavior.

Just to quote myself-the website I researched did not suggest that this is indicative of sexual abuse. The website indicated that it was concerning behavior because it was unlikely the child/children stumbled onto this activity on their own.

As Nova and nmk suggested, it could have been something easily explainable that started the behavior among the children.

Call me stupid....but I've taught kindergarten, ran home day care and raised my children. I know children may touch themselves at an early age but Children do not know HOW TO GIVE ORAL SEX UNLESS THEY ARE TAUGHT ...either by seeing this act or being taught it.

I don't know if I believe this story.
Ugh...just really pisses me off.

Right. No 5 year old says to themselves, "Hmmm....I wonder what would happen if I put *that* in my mouth?"

They see it somewhere.

I couldn't find an emoticon that conveys how this story makes me feel.

Why would a child think of doing that?

I agree that it could be something like that.

And though there is nothing funny about this situation I am So glad I never had to hear either of my parents shout "Suck my d1ck!" .... I think I would be scarred for life hearing that. Lol

I couldn't find an emoticon that conveys how this story makes me feel.

Why would a child think of doing that?

As I said above, I discovered the behavior from a couple of brothers who lived next door. We all lost interest after a couple of tries and that was the end of it. I swear it didn't harm me in any way. I didn't even think of it as "sex" (which nobody had explained at that point). It was just goofing around.

Maybe it's very different for girls. Not having been one, I can't say.

But as for "why", it feels good. Even babies are known to masturbate at times.

Right. No 5 year old says to themselves, "Hmmm....I wonder what would happen if I put *that* in my mouth?"

They see it somewhere.

I know ,.....this really baffles me....an saddens me. :moo:

I'm not sure that's true, Cherie. I first encountered the practice among two brothers who lived next door to me at that age. They seemed to have discovered it by experimenting on each other. (We were all with a year or so in age.)

Of course, I can't prove that neither of them had been molested by an adult. But in context, it seemed clear that it was something kids played that had to be hidden from grown ups.

Girls may be a completely different story. Their genitalia is internal and maybe it doesn't attract such early curiosity.

:seeya:Hi Nova. I certainly appreciate your insight. :)

Thank you for voicing what I am thinking!

There is no way a young child is going to put their mouth on a sex organ unless they've been abused or saw the action happening at some point in their young life. That that original child taught the others to do what he/she was doing because that's what children do.... try what is being showed to them.

Young children may play "show me yours I'll show you mine" or play with themselves or maybe even touch another child...

But no way would one think, "let me suck on you..."

:seeya: glad I helped MagicRose99.
I agree totally about the ...show me yours, I'll show you mine phase children may go through. Like you ...about the other , not so much.

Father files lawsuit; details revealed
Tuesday, February 05, 2013
KABC-TV Los Angeles
By Elex Michaelson

Article and short video

CARSON, Calif. (KABC) -- Richard McCarthy became the first parent to publicly allege oral sex between preschoolers at First Lutheran Church of Carson School.

On Tuesday, he also became the first of six different families to file a lawsuit against the school over allegations that their children participated in oral sex on the campus. All the families are filing individual lawsuits with the same attorney, Greg Owen.

"We have a system of things occurring, sexual acts occurring, and the school covering it up," Owen said.

In the suit, Owen alleges that a 5-year-old female student drew all over McCarthy's son's body with a marker during naptime in September.

"When I took his pants off to put him in the shower, he's got magic marker all over his privates and all over his butt," McCarthy said.

State regulators cited the school for that incident and for sexual contact between students."

"In October, a teacher allegedly caught McCarthy's son in the bathroom receiving oral sex from the same 5-year-old girl who drew on him."

"School officials said they reported every incident to authorities and parents."

More...

So, after finding his son all covered in 'marker' including on his privates and his butt and it was handled by the State, McCarthy returned his son to the school.
Its looking to me like it is very possible that the poor maligned, damaged for life son, who kept having to go back to the unbearable school situation, possibly played a continuing part in the activities.

:seeya:Hi Nova. I certainly appreciate your insight. :)

Thank you. I'm sorry to sound like a pervert. I'm talking about a few weeks when I was 5 or 6.

(Note: I did grow up to be gay, though I don't think that's the reason. I did NOT grow up to have any sexual interest in minors. The events I've detailed just weren't than influential.)

Thank you. I'm sorry to sound like a pervert. I'm talking about a few weeks when I was 5 or 6.

(Note: I did grow up to be gay, though I don't think that's the reason. I did NOT grow up to have any sexual interest in minors. The events I've detailed just weren't than influential.)

I wont speak for everyone, but you dont need to explain this. IMO. Unlike the father in this story, I cant really wrap my mind around 5 year olds being predators of other 5 year olds.

I wont speak for everyone, but you dont need to explain this. IMO. Unlike the father in this story, I cant really wrap my mind around 5 year olds being predators of other 5 year olds.

Thanks, believe. I really think the damage at that age only results when the adults get hysterical.

It's fine to explain gently that the behavior is not appropriate. It may even be okay to carefully question a child to make sure he isn't learning sexual behavior from an adult.

But I think the worst thing is to act like the sky is falling and to convey that notion to children.

ETA: I've worked at a day-care center before and children were NEVER left unsupervised; nor was I allowed to take naps while the children did. Sexual experimentation with a friend is not the worst thing that can happen to a 5- or 6-year-old left alone.

Lol,
I didn't take your comments to mean you were perverted. :)

When I was in elementary, in the very early 00's, I had a neighbour a few years younger than me in kindergarten and she knew about *advertiser censored*, even though she didn't know the word for it. She apparently came across it from her older teenage brothers' internet use. When I was in second grade, there was gossip (among Chinese-speaking children, no less) about about a girl kissing a boy's pee-pee, although I can say with 100% certainty that did not happen. I was the victim of that rumour.

Talk of sexual behaviour by young children is common judging by my personal experience, but acting out any of this indicates a serious problem.

I guess i see it as possibly concerning... but no need for the dramatics.
I have 5 boys.. one day joking with my husband I told him to kiss my butt and we laughed about it, the next night my 5 yr old is chasing his brothers around the house while they scream NOOO EEEW, trying to kiss their butts! lol Nothing sexual about it.. he heard me say it... guess it sounded like a good idea to him lol once he realized the reaction he got... i swear to you it was a daily thing for like 2 weeks cause he wanted to make his brothers scream bloody murder :)

Lol,
I didn't take your comments to mean you were perverted. :)

Thanks, Cherie. It's been years now, but there was a time when we had some posters who slyly worked their way up to arguing for the NAMBLA agenda and expressing a really disturbing interest in the details of things like Jon-Benet's molestation.

For those who haven't been posting with me for 15 years, I just wanted to make it clear I am not one of those. Although we could have a debate on where the age of consent should begin, I am entirely in favor of laws preventing adults from having sex with children.

I just draw the line at "criminalizing" (either formally or informally) young children for experimenting together.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back