Canada - 10 dead and at least 15 wounded in stabbing attacks in Saskatchewan, 2022

Good, and I guess that's to be expected. A knife attack is up close and personal, and there's a decent chance someone was able to inflict some damage while defending themselves.

Hopefully that, coupled with them probably being boxed in, limits their ability to inflict further damage.
I just typed the same thing as you except I read that earlier and didn't see the significance at that time of the injury.

There are reports that one of them may be injured ….

According to the Associated Press, Doreen Lees, 89, said she and her daughter thought they saw one of the suspects in Weldon early Sunday morning.

Lees said a man approached them and said he was hurt and needed help but fled after her daughter said she would call for help.

“He wouldn’t show his face. He had a big jacket over his face. We asked his name and he kind of mumbled his name twice and we still couldn’t get it,” Lees said, according to the Associated Press. “He said his face was injured so bad he couldn’t show it.”

Another article stated the woman also said that this person was very “wobbly” on his feet.

If this man is one of them, where is the other one? I wonder if they have split up to maximise their chances. Hoping that at least one of them can slip the net.

Or maybe the other one is even more injured and can't get around very well.

A statement by indigenous leaders indicated the attacks may have been drug related.

"This is the destruction we face when harmful illegal drugs invade our communities," said Federation of Sovereign Indigenous Nations. The group represents 74 First Nations in Saskatchewan.

However, so far, this has not been confirmed by Police …

If this man is one of them, where is the other one? I wonder if they have split up to maximise their chances. Hoping that at least one of them can slip the net.

Or maybe the other one is even more injured and can't get around very well.
Good thought … I did read one news report where it said they may have split up … ?? I will try and find it …

maybe nearby, two strange men have less chance at being picked up even more so since everyone has seen the news, so maybe the other is hiding nearby.. they get someone to stop and open a door.. get overpowered and on they go

Moo...does seem like retribution of some kind. There is alot of gang activity and the 2 will have connections in Regina. All bands you will see many people with same last name, could be close or distantly related. If you get barred from one band land you just go to another. There are usually family connections on near by band lands. Can be pretty lawless up north. Hard life, hard people. Moo

Very sad Canadian here :(

Why, oh why are RCMP not updating the photo for Damien Sanderson? Although they've provided his description (5 foot 7 and 155 lbs with black hair, brown eyes.), there's a big difference in how he looks according to the image at heavy.com. Scroll down to #1. He is presumably older and much heavier than the publicized image. (So tempted, but can't screenshot due to TOS because it is from a personal FB account but you folks know how to follow that through).

I would NOT recognize him as the same person they are distributing pics of.

CTV Saskatoon is printing this correction blurb at the bottom of every article that includes the photo of the slimmer, lesser facial hair Myles so it seems it was updated after the one initially published by Heavy.

Correction​

A previous version of this story included an incorrect photo of Myles Sanderson which was supplied by RCMP.

No I'm not. And it's fair enough to point that out. Do you thing they'd run to the US?
Would the recent event with Dawn Walker possibly influence their tactics?
I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I don’t think any recent events will influence their decisions and I would suggest that what happens next depends on the reason for this.

If it’s gang related, there are native gangs that are very powerful and have the resources to keep them hidden or relocated.

If they lack those contacts, it’s going to be hard for them to hide on any rez because it sounds like they killed natives.

Regina seems like a logical place to stay for a while because of the native population within the city.

I would suggest that it’s going to be a difficult time for aboriginal males right now and police are going to be flooded with calls every time they see 2 native men together in a car.

Moo...does seem like retribution of some kind. There is alot of gang activity and the 2 will have connections in Regina. All bands you will see many people with same last name, could be close or distantly related. If you get barred from one band land you just go to another. There are usually family connections on near by band lands. Can be pretty lawless up north. Hard life, hard people. Moo

You can’t always just go to another band. That can work if it is the same tribe but there is historical friction between different tribes and natives are wary of outsiders.

I find your suggestion that we are lawless savages to be unfair and ill informed.

1662392052551.png
''The hunt for Damien Sanderson, 31, and Myles Sanderson, 30, began early Sunday morning following multiple reports of stabbings on the James Smith Cree Nation — about 200 kilometres northwest of Saskatoon.
Damien is described as five feet, seven inches tall, weighing 155 pounds. Myles is just over six feet tall, weighing 240 pounds, according to police.

Police believe the men were spotted in Regina just before noon. They were last known to be travelling in a black Nissan Rogue with the Saskatchewan licence plate 119 MPI.''

Very sad Canadian here :(

Why, oh why are RCMP not updating the photo for Damien Sanderson? Although they've provided his description (5 foot 7 and 155 lbs with black hair, brown eyes.), there's a big difference in how he looks according to the image at heavy.com. Scroll down to #1. He is presumably older and much heavier than the publicized image. (So tempted, but can't screenshot due to TOS because it is from a personal FB account but you folks know how to follow that through).

I would NOT recognize him as the same person they are distributing pics of.

Dear @Sillybilly,

Fellow Canadian here sharing your feelings of deep sadness at the news of this horror.

It's all so heart-wrenching and unfathomable.

Cuts hard into the spirit.

My heart goes out to those who have lost their family members. Such unbearable losses.

May they be embraced with support of great love and comfort.

Last edited:
My heart goes out to my friends to the North. What a horrible senseless tragedy.
Trying to familiarize with the area where this happened & was surprised to see the alert actually showing on G maps. The suspects seem to be heading south & close to the border of the U.S. near Montana & N Dakota. Wondering if this is intentional on their part?

View attachment 364273
JMOO
Yes it is likely, intentional. The regular border posts are off-limits, but there are places to cross illegally, one might guess. Montana and North Dakota are underpopulated; makes sense.

RCMP update @ 10:30 CST.

“Two suspects in a string of stabbings that left 10 dead and 15 hospitalized were still at large Monday morning after a "relentless" search overnight, according to Regina's police chief.

"We've got a fresh set of investigators and shifts coming in today that will take over this investigation," Regina Police Service Chief Evan Bray said in a Twitter video posted around 7:30 a.m. CST.

"We will not stop this investigation until we have those two safely in custody."….

…….At 10:30 a.m. CST, RCMP are expected to provide an update on the search for the two men……”

Police confirm that hunt for James Smith Cree Nation suspect Myles Sanderson dates back to May

New article from cbc.ca

RSBM:
"Saskatoon police confirm that they've been searching for James Smith Cree Nation suspect Myles Sanderson since May.

That's when the 30-year-old stopped meeting with his parole officer and was classified as "unlawfully at large."

Sanderson had been serving a nearly five-year federal sentence for assault, robbery, mischief and uttering threats. He made parole, and then disappeared."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back