CANADA Canada - Adam, Trevor, & Mitchell O'Brien, Torbay, NF, 9 Nov 1996

Thanks for joining the thread, ladies.

Ele, I was hoping you would say that.

What are your thoughts?

Staged vehicle or perished in suicide/murder?

I confess that without Rhinos analysis there, I would be convinced they were still alive.

Almost a year later, a Canadian Coast Guard vessel equipped with a remote-operated underwater search vehicle, brought in from Halifax, found the engine from O’Brien’s Ford Tempo and the front portion of the car in the waters off Red Head, Flatrock. Police found no evidence to suggest O’Brien or his sons had been in the car when it went into the water.

http://z13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightCanada/index.php?showtopic=258

Thanks for joining the thread, ladies.

Ele, I was hoping you would say that.

What are your thoughts?

Staged vehicle or perished in suicide/murder?

I confess that without Rhinos analysis there, I would be convinced they were still alive.

My thoughts (initial): Staged suicide/murder. None of them perished in the car that was pushed over the cliff. The house was rigged with a 400 pound propane tank to explode if the front door was opened. Gary Joseph O'Brien went to a lot of trouble to do him and his 3 sons in whereas he could have just 'blown them all up" or murdered them and then committed suicide.

Way too much time and effort was put into both the rigging of the house and then putting the car over the cliff. This was well thought out in advance by Gary Joseph O'Brien. I do not think the boys are dead but considering the amount of effort that was put into their disappearance, I do not think that we would find these boys under the last name of O'Brien. What name would we find them under - have no idea on that yet. It would be very interesting to know the maiden name of Gary's mother for instance.
Also, it is possible that the boys are not going by their first names either - they may be going by their middle names and thus far I have not been able to find their middle names.

Way too much effort put into this for it to be a murder/suicide .......MOO

It looks like the comment was related to the post by the person who says they were 'beat up regularly and abused' - looks like that person's facebook had been hacked at the time - all looks good in that person's facebook now when I took a peek.

Thanks elepher ... I had neglected to open the other 3 comments.

Ditto !!

So, 3 hungry mouths to feed, how would GO'B go about getting employment all these years? Fake ID, SIN, self-employed?

Would like to know what he did for a living/income prior to November 1996 as that may give some clues as to where to look. Checking into the history of Torbay Newfoundland it does appear that most of the incomes of the just over 3000 people living in Torbay were from the services sector. The cod industry had practically become defunct by that time and was not a major player in the way of providing incomes.

Interesting tidbit that I did pick up on my reading is this: London England is closer to Torbay Newfoundland than Torbay Newfoundland is to Edmoncton. Something to think about or mull around in one's noodle.

My thoughts (initial): Staged suicide/murder. None of them perished in the car that was pushed over the cliff. The house was rigged with a 400 pound propane tank to explode if the front door was opened. Gary Joseph O'Brien went to a lot of trouble to do him and his 3 sons in whereas he could have just 'blown them all up" or murdered them and then committed suicide.

Way too much time and effort was put into both the rigging of the house and then putting the car over the cliff. This was well thought out in advance by Gary Joseph O'Brien. I do not think the boys are dead but considering the amount of effort that was put into their disappearance, I do not think that we would find these boys under the last name of O'Brien. What name would we find them under - have no idea on that yet. It would be very interesting to know the maiden name of Gary's mother for instance.
Also, it is possible that the boys are not going by their first names either - they may be going by their middle names and thus far I have not been able to find their middle names.

Way too much effort put into this for it to be a murder/suicide .......MOO
Great thoughts.

We need something. Anything. Nicknames. Aliases. A straw....

We need info to help us get on a track.

There is very, very little info on this case. I'm sure that's because it happened in 1996.

There must be more than 1 picture of Gary around.

What sort of groups does the boys Mother think they are in, religious, communal...

These boys have memories. Especially the older ones. Is it possible they have been removed from Canada

Follow the money....phones....computers....I agree, Ele, there was an elaborate set-up here. Well planned in advance. We need to help find these boys.

Would like to know what he did for a living/income prior to November 1996 as that may give some clues as to where to look. Checking into the history of Torbay Newfoundland it does appear that most of the incomes of the just over 3000 people living in Torbay were from the services sector. The cod industry had practically become defunct by that time and was not a major player in the way of providing incomes.

Interesting tidbit that I did pick up on my reading is this: London England is closer to Torbay Newfoundland than Torbay Newfoundland is to Edmoncton. Something to think about or mull around in one's noodle.

More than 200 Gary Joseph O'Brien's in the UK.

Not that I think he will still be using his real name, but, you never know, some variation, Joseph....

http://www.192.com/atoz/people/o'brien/gary/

[h=1]Gary O'Brien's sister not hopeful[/h]
[h=3][/h]CBC News Posted: Apr 22, 1999 3:10 AM ET Last Updated: Apr 22, 1999 3:10 PM ET

Yesterday, police in Thunder Bay, Ontario said they were looking for a woman who claimed to have babysat the children last year. But Helen O'Brien doesn't think the lead will amount to anything.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/gary-o-brien-s-sister-not-hopeful-1.184223

[h=1]Gary O'Brien's sister not hopeful[/h]
[h=3][/h]CBC News Posted: Apr 22, 1999 3:10 AM ET Last Updated: Apr 22, 1999 3:10 PM ET

Yesterday, police in Thunder Bay, Ontario said they were looking for a woman who claimed to have babysat the children last year. But Helen O'Brien doesn't think the lead will amount to anything.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/gary-o-brien-s-sister-not-hopeful-1.184223

Given LE hadn't been able to speak with the woman yet, what on earth would make the sister discount the possibility right out the gate? Hmm? If anything, most folks who are missing loved ones cling to every vestige of hope until bodies are recovered.

Given LE hadn't been able to speak with the woman yet, what on earth would make the sister discount the possibility right out the gate? Hmm? If anything, most folks who are missing loved ones cling to every vestige of hope until bodies are recovered.

Makes you wonder. May be the reason why Diane Boland stated she feels his family knows more than they let on.

4833760.jpg

Crystal Dunahee, (L) Diana Boland and Anthony Wood (R) hold photos of their children who have gone missing. On International Missing Children's Day slated for Wednesday, May 25, the Canadian Centre for Child Protection launches a new national missing children service in Ottawa: www.missingkids.ca.

Photograph by: Chris Mikula , Ottawa Citizen

Almost 15 years later, Boland still holds out hope she'll talk to her boys again.

"I'm still waiting for 'later.' That word has been giving me hope," Boland said.

Every day, she searches the Internet for any information about her boys. On Tuesday, she said her search became a little easier with Tuesday's launch of the website Missingkids.ca.
The new site provides parents of missing children a one-stop-shop for information — what to do once a child is missing, how to organize a community search, how to keep children safe — as well as a place for anyone to file tips.

"Each year, more than 50,000 children are reported missing in Canada," Prime Minister Stephen Harper said in a news release issued Tuesday. "This website constitutes an important step towards keeping Canadian children safe."

The website also compiles digital footprints of a missing child or abductor. That unique online search tool sifts through open-source websites to compile tidbits of information about a missing child or abductor, spewing out results similar to a Google search.

Should the name of a child be used in an online search engine, for instance, the information would show up whenever the centre runs a search. Should an abductor or child have a Facebook page, the information would be logged into the centre's secure database for parents and police to use.

http://www.canada.com/news/Website+helps+Canadian+families+track+missing+children/4832306/story.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus
Back