CANADA Canada - Allan 'Kenley' Matheson, 20, Wolfville, NS, 21 Sept 1992

Locals are being quoted (In the documentary) and they believe that AKM ticked someone off. Was it a boyfriend of a girl he flirted with? Was it someone who he inadvertantly rebuffed? <sigh>

I still think it's possible that AKM committed suicide (adjusting to 'regular small town life' can be difficult), but I also think it's more than equally possible that someone killed him.

Did AKM commit suicide? I have no clue. But what I do know is that if he was my son I'd be proud of him for his adventurous spirit and his drive to travel the world.

Continuing key points from the documentary..

- a dog handler offered his services to locate Kenley. LE said that they let him help. He denies it. He said they brushed him off.
- the locals weren't as upset as they would have been had it been a local. The view is that students come and go. They aren't rooted there.

(I live in what could be considered a college town. We have a love/hate relationship with the students as they party over the top. But if a student went missing...we would all bust out and do everything in our power to find them.)

The town moved on.
Around November, Kenley's dad came down to Wolfville to pick up Kenley's stuff. There was no inventory. There weren't any pictures of his room. Police truly didn't treat it as a crime. His disappearance was treated as a young kid running off to the wilderness.
LE said that because of his history and his lifesyle that he had just decided to take off. There was never any suspicion of foul play.
Anyone who gave a statement was taken at their word. (visual was of TG. eek!)

Locals are being quoted (In the documentary) and they believe that AKM ticked someone off. Was it a boyfriend of a girl he flirted with? Was it someone who he inadvertantly rebuffed? <sigh>

I still think it's possible that AKM committed suicide (adjusting to 'regular small town life' can be difficult), but I also think it's more than equally possible that someone killed him.

Did AKM commit suicide? I have no clue. But what I do know is that if he was my son I'd be proud of him for his adventurous spirit and his drive to travel the world.

It's not easy to commit suicide and make it so that your body is never found.

I finished watching the 5 part documentary on Kenley on Youtube last night. Wow, I was pulled in all sorts of directions as I watched it. First being sure he took his own life, to being sure he left on his own and then thinking there is foul play involved. It was a very good watch. I am from Nova Scotia myself and have been to Wolfville and have family members go to Acadia and I've visited them there. So that really attracts me to this case as well.

In the end I think all 3, taking own life, running away/not wanting to be found, and foul play, could very well be possible. With them naming a person of interest or suspect, I do think from what I've seen it's possible that person just wanted attention and said what they said to get it.

I really do hope the family gets answers in this case.

All MOO and amateur speculation.

The latest information in this case is quite alarming. According to the "Missing Kenley" Twitter, the lead investigator is related to the family of the suspect that was the focus of the latter parts of the documentary. He was named lead investigator in 2016 just after that family became involved in the case and was removed as lead investigator right after they apparently "cleared" that suspect.

Interesting development. I am surprised this case and the documentary haven't gotten more attention as it is a compelling story and the documentary was very well done.

Finished watching. I found this portrayal of a Canadian family who may or may not be involved in Kenley’s disappearance very very dark. The most interesting part was the spooky sightings by distant family members of Kenley years after he vanished. I hope the RCNP (did I get that right?) gets to work!

Finished watching. I found this portrayal of a Canadian family who may or may not be involved in Kenley’s disappearance very very dark. The most interesting part was the spooky sightings by distant family members of Kenley years after he vanished. I hope the RCNP (did I get that right?) gets to work!
Do you mean RCMP? (Royal Canadian Mounted Police)

- was there any information in the documentary regarding his grades at school? oftentimes young students are hiding their failing grades from parents and will run away or kill themselves rather than reveal their failures

- and was there any information on his mental health? the onset of a mental illness combined with the stress of school could also lead to running away or killing himself

Allan Kenley Matheson was 20 years old when he went missing in 1992 at Acadia University. RCMP released an age progression sketch of Matheson 25 years after his disappearance.

July 14 2023
''RCMP in Nova Scotia confirmed they are searching a site in Kings County, alongside K9 and anthropology experts, as part of a three-decades old missing persons case.

70c8fc80

Kenley Matheson was 20 years old and a student at Acadia University in Wolfville, N.S. when he was last seen on Sept. 21, 1992.

The Cape Breton man was just two weeks into his first semester when he disappeared “without a trace,” according to his younger sister Kayrene.

“It has been very difficult. Kenley and I were very close,” Kayrene told Global News last week.

In 2017, 25 years after his disappearance, the RCMP released an age progression sketch of Matheson, showing what he may look like in recent years.

The case was also added to the province’s Rewards for Major Unsolved Crimes Program and is the subject of a documentary series called Missing Kenley, which is available on Amazon Prime and Google Play.''

From your link... Today, a team including, members of the Southwest Nova RCMP Major Crime Unit, the Nova Scotia Medical Examiner's Office, St. Thomas University's Anthropology Department, Acadia University's Earth and Environmental Science Department and Doug Teeft of Teeft K9, conducted a site visit on Melanson Mountain. Based on the information obtained, the RCMP and our partners are making plans with regard to the best and most effective way to process the site both thoroughly, and safely.

Aug 24 '23
''The Nova Scotia RCMP said a search is underway at Melanson Mountain in Kings County as part of the decades-old Kenley Matheson disappearance case.

In a release Thursday, police said a team that included RCMP officers, the Nova Scotia medical examiner’s office, St. Thomas University’s anthropology department and Acadia University’s earth and environmental science department began searching a site on the mountain that was identified by a cadaver dog.

The search began Wednesday and is expected to conclude Friday, the release said.''

''August 29, 2023
Wolfville, Nova Scotia
News release

The Southwest Nova RCMP Major Crime Unit is providing an update with regard to the Kenley Matheson missing person investigation.
Last week, a team including, members of the Southwest Nova RCMP Major Crime Unit, the Nova Scotia Medical Examiner's Office, St. Thomas University's Anthropology Department and Acadia University's Earth and Environmental Science Department, began searching the site on Melanson Mountain that was identified by a cadaver dog.
The search of the area has since concluded and no human remains were located. The search team also did not locate any evidence that suggested that human remains had been deposited at the site.
The RCMP has updated Kenley's family about the outcome of the search and we will remain in contact with them going forward. We would like to thank Kenley's family for their continued support of the investigation.
The Southwest Nova RCMP Major Crime Unit continues to ask anyone with information, no matter how small, to please come forward by contacting them at 902-365-3120. If you wish to remain anonymous, please contact Nova Scotia Crime Stoppers toll free at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), submit a secure web tip at www.crimestoppers.ns.ca, or use the P3 Tips App.
File #: 2011-1362024
–30–
Contact information
Cpl. Chris Marshall
Public Information Officer
Nova Scotia RCMP
rcmpns-grcne@rcmp-grc.gc.ca

Date modified: 2023-08-29''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online