Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think so, IF they were still downstairs at that time?

It makes more sense that Kathryn and Nathan stayed in their bed in the basement after Jennifer left with the baby. If blood letting means an attack at the side door, then it makes more sense that Kathryn heard something and went to the side door.

It was pure speculation that they went to the upstairs bedroom at 11PM because there was really no other explanation for blood in the spare bedroom. However, an attack at the side door, and blood in the spare bedroom would suggest that Kathryn was the first victim at the side door, Nathan was the second victim in the upstairs bedroom (where his mother would have been), and Alvin the third victim.

I zoomed in on the photo of the blood by the side door and it actually looks like there are bullets on the floor - did anyone have a closer look at that photo?

That is the route that automatically came up when I plugged those addresses into googlemaps in that particular order (see left side).. but you Calgarians know the area, so if you know a more practical route, can you go to googlemaps and do a new one? Thanks!

I found it odd that no mention was made of which direction the truck was going each time it was mentioned being seen on video.

It would make more sense for Garland to turn on 42 Avenue to get to the Liknes property, not to drive to 58 Avenue, drive by Buddha's veggie, and then backtrack to 38 Avenue. That's why I'm wondering if the time clock on the restaurant video is off - or maybe he took an unusual route to get to the Liknes property.

He could have taken Glenmore to 37th SW - less lights, opposite traffic at 8 am. This would have brought him past Bhudda's. It's what I would have done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is the route that automatically came up when I plugged those addresses into googlemaps in that particular order (see left side).. but you Calgarians know the area, so if you know a more practical route, can you go to googlemaps and do a new one? Thanks!

I found it odd that no mention was made of which direction the truck was going each time it was mentioned being seen on video.

You're right. Deerfoot, Glenmore, Macleod are freeways, and that is the route he most likely took.

I'm totally confused by the floorplans of this house in relation to the photos we are privy to. The carpeting color by the mudroom is the same color as seen in one of the basement photos. It seems like that location with all of that blood on the light colored carpeting is a little tiny landing at the mudroom/side entrance, from which you then have to go either up to the kitchen, or down to the basement. moo

I was also confused about why KL and NO would have moved beds after JO had left them sleeping in the basement area.

And no blood found in the basement, but yet a 'blood-letting location' at the head of the bed of the spare bedroom, where nobody had been sleeping prior to her leaving everyone asleep. And then mention of the quilt with a bloody handprint in/on it. (I think that was found in the spare bedroom as well, IIRC?).

So that would sadly explain who was where. That must be incredibly devastating to JO if that is what happened. Can you imagine? The two wake up in their basement bed to the drilling noise, KL tells NO to go up to his mom's room while she goes to see what's going on. His mom's not there, and yet he would have been awake and alone, maybe even screaming, waking AL up, and also alerting the killer that there was an unexpected third person in the house.

It makes more sense that Kathryn and Nathan stayed in their bed in the basement after Jennifer left with the baby. If blood letting means an attack at the side door, then it makes more sense that Kathryn heard something and went to the side door.

It was pure speculation that they went to the upstairs bedroom at 11PM because there was really no other explanation for blood in the spare bedroom. However, an attack at the side door, and blood in the spare bedroom would suggest that Kathryn was the first victim at the side door, Nathan was the second victim in the upstairs bedroom (where his mother would have been), and Alvin the third victim.

I zoomed in on the photo of the blood by the side door and it actually looks like there are bullets on the floor - did anyone have a closer look at that photo?

I don't see bullets, and if there were, I'm sure they would have been mentioned? I do however, see what appears to me to be fingerprints trailing down the wall in blood, about a foot or two up from the floor?

imagejpeg

If the green carpet is the coat room and the stairs lead to the kitchen and basement, perhaps the various handprints on the wall(s) has aided to the belief by the crown - that someone (other than DG) was alive when the three people were removed from this home? Just another theory. :thinking:

Morning Gang - I will be away from the computer today, likely until after the lunch break. Hopefully someone can share Tweets, but if not, I will catch us up after I get back.
I hate that I'm going to miss this morning's testimony. Should be a very interesting day and no doubt there will be lots to talk about afterwards.
-JS

It would be interesting to know if the neighbours heard anything when DG broke into the Liknes residence and injured and/or killed his victims.

I looked at Google maps, and the houses were very close together, and the street looks fairly narrow. Also, the houses and what appear to be apartments have bedrooms and balconies facing the road.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/12...f282c!8m2!3d51.0194585!4d-114.0655318!6m1!1e1

When I think about my neighbourhood, no matter what time of day or night, there is always someone coming and going, or standing around in their driveways for a late night smoke. We have central air, and I have a bedroom facing the street, and I have heard commotions out on the street at night with the C/A running and the TV on in the bedroom.

Athough it was a long weekend, I'm sure that at least some of the neighbours were home. Did they hear screams and yelling, and just dismiss it as young people coming home from a party? Surely, someone noticed a distinctive older model truck in the driveway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname