Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #1

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by Sillybilly, Jun 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wondergirl

Wondergirl Well-Known Member

2. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Can do when it's a missing person, victim or named suspect.

3. oxfordcounty

oxfordcounty New Member

4. otto

otto Verified Expert

It could be that the daughter was helping with the sale, her son wanted to have a sleepover and so he stayed overnight with his grandparents and she went home.

5. Wondergirl

A few recent patent applications from Alvin. I have found some dating back to the 70's.

http://www.faqs.org/patents/inventor/alvin-7/

6. HulaMum

HulaMum Member

I can still see all three pages.

Darkness has just settled in here in Calgary and I'm so upset that this little boy is out there somewhere.

7. Wondergirl

Financial crisis may have affected business

http://www.euroinvestor.com/news/20...mes-inc-announces-shareholder-update/10033692

8. otto

otto Verified Expert

After reading the comments, I understand that the family lives in an affluent part of the city, that they are well to do and probably don't need to work again, that they had decided to liquidate their assets and retire in a nice warm place (maybe Mexico), that they may have had an awful lot of cash on hand at the end of the weekend, and that sometime between 10PM Sunday and 10AM Monday, they vanished without a vehicle.

I suspect that their bank accounts are being checked - at least that's the first thing I would check. This could be a robbery that will result in murder to hide the identity of whomever is behind this.

9. Weebles

Weebles New Member

Global News Calgary 11pm
    Neighbours say Estate sale started Fri went to Sunday
    One neighbour said they were moving to northern Alberta
    Another neighbour says they were moving to USA and then Mexico

10. otto

otto Verified Expert

I don't think anyone in their right mind would retire to Northern Alberta, but perhaps the family did not want to communicate their plans to the neighbours.

11. Wondergirl

So terrible

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/c...gary+couple+their+grandson/9989542/story.html

12. katsrfun

katsrfun Well-Known Member

Hi guys! Just as a sort of side note; my brother lives in a small town in upstate NY. A couple of years ago, an older gentleman put an add on (I believe) Craig's list, selling antiques. A couple came and looked and said if they were interested they would come back. And come back they did, the next day in a rental car, and he of course, answered the door as he recognized them from the day prior, and they killed him, stole what they wanted and basically were unable to be traced. The car was rented in fake names, and of course, no one recognized them. With these people having had a sale, who knows who may have been in the house. And just as an added note, be very careful when you advertise and agree to meet people. You never really know who people are. Scary thought, but we are living in very scary times, unfortunately. Thanks, Katt

13. Tulessa

Tulessa Well-Known Member

14. Weebles

Weebles New Member

Biography
    I am married with 2 children (4 step and 11 grandchildren (10 Step and 1 of my own), I graduated man

Interests
    Internet, Walking, Hanging out with my Grandchildren

Occupation
    Website Marketing

Twitter
    kliknes

FaceBook
    kathryn liknes

Twitter
    kliknes

http://www.warriorforum.com/members/kliknes.html

15. Weebles

Weebles New Member

LOL it is beautiful country but the mosquitos can carry you to their den. You may be right that they did not want neighbours to know of their plans.

16. otto

otto Verified Expert

This event is just as bizarre as this one: couple murdered in their own home and scene staged to appear like accidental carbon monoxide poisoning

http://globalnews.ca/news/1417889/reward-offered-in-double-homicide-of-calgary-couple/

If there was not a 5 year old child involved with this case, it might end up like the other case, which is unsolved. Hopefully the fact that there is a child missing will result in greater resources being put into solving this disappearance.

17. Tulessa

Tulessa Well-Known Member

I wonder if that one, was Nathan?

18. Wondergirl

19. LayzeeDayzee

LayzeeDayzee Well-Known Member

From 10pm to 10am is a pretty narrow window of time. Surely some neighbor had to have heard or seen something.....a noise, something loud that woke them up at a certain time (even if they weren't sure what it was), a vehicle door shut, a car starting, headlights, lights turned on in the house, something.

Sunrise in Calgary @ this time of year is 5:25am so IMO whatever happened to them happened between midnight and 5am. I say midnight because lots of people are still awake/watching the 11pm news. Lots probably took today off work as tomorrow is a holiday here (to make it a true long weekend) though obviously not everyone would be able to.

I'd assume they'd have brought in tracking dogs?

There are obviously a lot of details, pretty key details, that we're just not privy to. My guess/gut says, based on the limited details that have been released (and reading between the lines), there were signs of violence in the home (blood etc) and that's why the homicide team was called in so quickly.

Sure hope LE are investigating neighbors as well.

20. LayzeeDayzee

LayzeeDayzee Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.