Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know yet if this was a planned sleepover or a spur of the moment? I'd also like to know if the little guy has a passport and if so, where is it?

Such a short window, from 10pm to 10am for an abduction or something to happen. I'm kinda hoping the grandparents decided to sell off everything they own and start a new life somewhere with Nathan, at least then he'd be safe and could be found and returned home...

A human medical examiner, I'm pretty sure, wouldn't perform any forensic type work or assessment on anything other than humans.

Yes, they do. I found a case on Dr G. Medical Examiner.

"Dr. G: Medical Examiner" (2004) - Episodes cast - IMDb
www.imdb.com/title/tt0364314/epcast
Internet Movie Database
Not long after the girl moves in with her grandparents, the family dog is found dead. Dr. G must do an autopsy on the dog to find out whether it too has a been ...

Yes, they do. I found a case on Dr G. Medical Examiner.

"Dr. G: Medical Examiner" (2004) - Episodes cast - IMDb
www.imdb.com/title/tt0364314/epcast
Internet Movie Database
Not long after the girl moves in with her grandparents, the family dog is found dead. Dr. G must do an autopsy on the dog to find out whether it too has a been ...

That seems strange to me. Would make more sense to call in a Vet/Vet Pathologist - who have actual training in performing a necropsy. It's about as odd to me as calling in a Vet to a human crime scene to assess human remains/signs of human foul play. Also, the scope of practice for ME's in the U.S. may differ considerably from Canada.

A kijiji ad for a green leather couch-love seat says "Solid set. Dark green leather couch and love seat would love a new family to love. If you have the room I also have another sibling that would love to come as well - mr recliner. He is just as comfy as us too! $150 if sold with the couch & love seat. We r moving out of province - whole house content for sale! Maybe u need something else?"

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-couch-futon/calgary/green-leather-couch-loveseat/603471099

So, this indicates they are moving out of province. KLs FB page shows her "liking" a few moving companies.

My opinion only - I am creeped out by the FB page listed under KL's name that includes a video saying "missing family of three found." Who is posting there?

My opinion only - I am creeped out by the FB page listed under KL's name that includes a video saying "missing family of three found." Who is posting there?

Where are you seeing that HulaMum? I'm on her FB and cant' find it anywhere.

Alvin and Kathryn

1923630_20766521864_9898_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...636864.-2207520000.1404189196.&type=3&theater

It's listed as a "community", not a personal page.

Yes, I see three pages on FB with her name - one has the image from the missing information as her profile photo (is this a passport or driver's license?), the second has a photo of her and her husband, and the third is an image of the word "website."

I am finding alot of patents tied to Alvin Liknes and the Alberta oil and gas industry.

I am wondering if this is possibly a ransom or business related crime and I really don't have a good feeling.

OMG that poor, sweet boy. What the heck happened?

Yes, I see three pages on FB with her name - one has the image from the missing information as her profile photo (is this a passport or driver's license?), the second has a photo of her and her husband, and the third is an image of the word "website."

LOL, I haven't been around here in a while and thought we weren't allowed to post facebook links? But looks like everyone else is, so here ya go:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kathryn-Liknes/

Books liked.................The Child Whisperer. Odd.

To answer a question.........news articles indicate they recently sold their home. According to their Kijiji Ads for their (living) estate sale Jun 28/29, the ads indicated they were selling everything in the home, all house contents. Not a bit strange to sell EVERYTHING? ...unless maybe moving out of province/country or planning to spend months traveling?

Why would the Medical Examiner be called to the house if reportedly no body/bodies found inside? I've never heard of this before but maybe am just unaware of what situations an ME would be called to such a scene?

The scary thing about about putting Ads on Kijiji is that you never know "who" is going to show up or what their intentions are. Case the place to rob later? Look for potential victims?

Did someone come by for their sale then hide out in the house somewhere only to reappear in the middle of the night?

Surely you'd think neighbors would have seen or heard something?

In one of their Kijiji ads is a black dog. Was it their dog? Is the dog gone too? Nobody heard dog barking?

Their ads: http://www.kijiji.ca/o-posters-other-ads/56563739

If they had sold the house contents during the weekend, then they either had a lot of cash at the house, or they had just deposited a lot of cash into a bank account. Someone may have come to the house late at night with that in mind.

The medical examiner would be there if there was blood at the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288