Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may have missed this - did the grandparents own this home or were they renting it? If they were renting, getting rid of everything a few days before the end of the month makes sense. I can't find the house listed for sale anywhere.

ETA: I found another article where a neighbour was quoted as saying the Liknes had recently sold this home.

October 2012 Google Streetview screenshot of the Liknes home at 123 38a Ave. SW, Calgary, AB

attachment.php

https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...0x5371704024d02deb:0xed088976bc1f90d8!6m1!1e1

Attachments

• 123-38a-ave-sw-calgary-liknes.jpg
    123-38a-ave-sw-calgary-liknes.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 443
To answer a question.........news articles indicate they recently sold their home. According to their Kijiji Ads for their (living) estate sale Jun 28/29, the ads indicated they were selling everything in the home, all house contents. Not a bit strange to sell EVERYTHING? ...unless maybe moving out of province/country or planning to spend months traveling?

Why would the Medical Examiner be called to the house if reportedly no body/bodies found inside? I've never heard of this before but maybe am just unaware of what situations an ME would be called to such a scene?

BBM

We sold everything in our house when it sold because we moved into our 'already furnished and stocked' vacation home to retire. They could also be moving into a condo or assisted living type situation where their furniture wouldn't fit or be needed. Just a thought.

As for the ME, could just be doing luminal to see if there is a potential crime scene in the house.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Everything above is JMO!

I doubt it. Nathan's parents' FB pages show 3 children...................unless the above was created back when they only had 1 child.

I was referring to the Grand Pa's biography. The other grand kids are listed as step grand kids.

I may have missed this - did the grandparents own this home or were they renting it? If they were renting, getting rid of everything a few days before the end of the month makes sense. I can't find the house listed for sale anywhere.

An article I'd read said they'd sold the house. If she is a realtor it's entirely possible home was sold privately and never listed via MLS.

-Did the Liknes have an alarm system?

-Where are their phones? When were they last used?

-Who has security cameras in that area?

-Were the beds slept in?

-Did Nathan normally sleep with his grandparents or did he have his own room?

-Was the door locked upon arrival?

-What was the motive for this crime?

-Was the family in any financial difficulty?

-How often was Nathan at his grandparents house?

This is really a strange case. I did think it odd that the grandson was taken over at 10 pm to spend the night and was going to be picked up at 10 am. I'm sure there is an explanation for that though.

I sure hope they can be located safe quickly!

CTV Calgary 11:30pm News
Neighbour says they were socializing with family and friends Sat night and all was fine
Son was notified by LE and is on his way to Calgary

I was referring to the Grand Pa's biography. The other grand kids are listed as step grand kids.

Yes, this is interesting. I am still curious as to why just Nathan was there on Sunday night to spend time with grandma and grandpa. Along with the relative saying (in reference to how grandpa feels about Nathan), "that's his boy," it jumps out at me.

Makes me think of the McStays.

There is also a thread for another missing family of four in Alaska. It's so hard to understand how a group of people can just disappear. I just hope and pray they are found safe.

LE seems sure there are 'people' involved in what appears to be a home invasion.

Sending positive vibes out to the family of these poor people. Praying so hard that Nathan and his Grandparents are safe.

They sure are and the neighborhood isn't as affluent-looking as I had pictured.

It doesn't look fancy but it is a desirable area. Just looking through mls, I hit $500k before I even got out of the condo listings. I would guess at least $750k for this home, depending on the condition and size of course. It's a well-established area with very close access to downtown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans