Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this allowed?

I'm just wondering if there is any connection between this case and the Lake Bonaventure grandparents that were mysteriously murdered a few months ago? They originally thought the COD was carbon monoxide, but later deemed it a homocide and so far as I know, there is still no suspect, motive or definitive cause of death.

Just a possibility, maybe someone is trying to pull off "the perfect crime" as some sort of sick thrill? Both of these cases are very unusual.

I wonder if he will appear with a lawyer or represent himself...

It would appear that when DG stole Matthew Hartley's identity he also made himself about 6 years younger in the process.

I don't have their exact dob but Matthew died Oct 1980 at age 14 (so would be 48 now)
DG was 39 in 1999 (would be about 54 now)

New thread coming up, please get ready to move on over. For all new members a link to the new thread will be provided so you don't feel lost. :smile:

Is this allowed?

I'm just wondering if there is any connection between this case and the Lake Bonaventure grandparents that were mysteriously murdered a few months ago? They originally thought the COD was carbon monoxide, but later deemed it a homocide and so far as I know, there is still no suspect, motive or definitive cause of death.

Just a possibility, maybe someone is trying to pull off "the perfect crime" as some sort of sick thrill? Both of these cases are very unusual.

I have second hand info about the Lake Bonavista case through a series of coincidences.

Facts: they weren't grandparents, they were late 50s with 3 adult children inc. daughter who lived at home. Police did not secure scene as a homicide until about 12 hours later.

Is there a thread for this crime? I've looked but couldn't find one.

I keep going back to the statement made by LE that the case was "less a mystery" than it was the previous day. What changed? Did they get phone records? Did someone in the family recognize the vehicle and relay the family connection? Had there been previous contact between DG and AL regarding the failed business and money possibly owed? Had he threatened AL in the past or recently?
The police reacted with a very heavy presence at that location in Airdrie apparently based on a tip from the neighbour but what if they already knew about a connection and possible previous threats? Not saying there were threats, just speculating.

IMO phone records will determine if DG acted alone and with malice, or if AL contacted him for help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member