Canada - Anthony Raine, 17 mos, found dead, Edmonton, April 2017 *Arrests*

Edmonton police arrest persons of interest in toddler death

Earlier in the day, police released three photos of two people seen pushing a stroller: a man with a dark, short beard wearing a hat and dark hoodie, as well as a woman wearing a hat with shoulder length hair and a dark jacket. The surveillance photos were taken Monday.

Investigators believe the little boy, who is estimated to be 20 months old, was left in the area of 155 Avenue and Castledowns Road on Tuesday between 10:51 and 11:51 a.m.

244943293f5a29865a903ddc03d545eb.jpg

7deadfa10fd0280c2030e4a97bd51b8c.jpg

e08a04822c10c626b666424ae450ad95.jpg

http://globalnews.ca/news/3397621/edmonton-police-looking-for-persons-of-interest-in-toddler-deaths/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found it odd that in the first article they didn't give a physical description of the child.

And the 2nd article doesn't really say much either. I wonder if there is video footage that shows the child out of the stroller in that outfit or something.

I hope they release some more info.

The church is in a busy area. Besides the nearby transit terminal, there’s a fire station right beside it. Police Saturday night thanked Edmonton Transit Service for its help with the investigation. A public library, strip mall and a recreation centre are also near the scene. Condominiums and a seniors lodge are nearby.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2017/04/22/flowers-left-near-where-toddler-found-dead-in-north-edmonton

Good Lord! That means people walked right by that baby for days. I had in my mind it was not a well populated area.

Good Lord! That means people walked right by that baby for days. I had in my mind it was not a well populated area.

In one of the first articles I read on this it said the baby was behind the church. Of course I can't find the link now, but if that's the case, then I'm guessing he wasn't out in the public eye but concealed somewhat by the building, away from foot and car traffic.

Ok so random shower thought. What if they were trying to give the baby up to the church and no one found it time?

Once again I don't know about Canada but in the US you can drop a baby off at like the fire station to relinquish rights.

Ok so random shower thought. What if they were trying to give the baby up to the church and no one found it time?

Once again I don't know about Canada but in the US you can drop a baby off at like the fire station to relinquish rights.

It's a violation of the Canadian criminal code to abandon or endanger a child, however mothers of abandoned newborns have not been prosecuted in the cases I'm aware of-- where the newborn was found to be in good health and the mom came forward with information. A 20 month old is not a newborn though, and this babe wasn't left in a safe place, clearly. I think there's an age limitation on most safe haven laws, something like 30 days, typically, though I know that it's variable. I was reading something about this recently, regarding older children being dropped at a child services office, but I can't remember the exact details regarding age. I do know that aspect was variable.

Eta: we don't have a specific safe haven law that I'm aware of, but there is leniency in some cases.

Wow, is that a mask to disguise his face..one of those clear masks. Something looks on about his face. Is it possible, something happened to toddler, and parents were in act of concocting story for police...and that is what we are witnessing?

I don't think he's disguised, more likely some distortion from the surveillance video, IMO.

Also, according to Social Media rumours, it is allegedly possible that that the 2 people arrested are not necessarily *both* the boy's parents. IYSWIM.

Does anyone have an idea as to why the clothes would have been found next to the child but he was not wearing them? That seems really strange to me.

Yes. I think there was just enough detail in the surveillance footage of the two suspects where they were identified. I'm going to guess that the male's beard and hat were recognized specifically. JMO

Does anyone have an idea as to why the clothes would have been found next to the child but he was not wearing them? That seems really strange to me.

It is confusing. Some articles state 'clothes he was wearing'...others 'clothes found with'. This one has both. Possibly he was wearing some of the clothing. The batman onesie appears to have a dark stain around the upper shoulder area. LE folds it back when showing it to the public.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/edmonton-police-share-photos-of-people-they-say-might-help-in-dead-toddler-case-1.3380205

There seems to be a lot of confusion about the stroller picture, and if the child is in it or not. To me, it looks very much like a checkered blanket folded over the toddler.

I would think someone would hear a baby crying if he had been abandoned alive.

Hi Dyanna! There's a thread in the crimes against children forum about this. Come and join over there. Still waiting to find out the name of the little boy and the two who did this to him.

I don't necessarily see the child in the stroller. However, I do wonder if those are his feet kind of propped on the foot rest area that most strollers this size have. Notice the white on the front of the shoes....

attachment.php

attachment.php

What sort of looks like legs hanging down lower than the white I circled appears to be wide stroller wheels. It looks like it has double wheels on each side in the front.

Attachments

• Edmonton2.jpg
    Edmonton2.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 392
  • shoes.jpg
    shoes.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 393
Whoops guess that was moved to the unidentified forum. So confusing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back