Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re post.
http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/barry-and-honey-sherman-memorial-and-funeral-watch-live/
[h=1]Barry and Honey Sherman memorial and funeral: Watch live[/h] [h=2]The memorial for the couple, who died under mysterious circumstances last week, will begin on Thursday at 11 a.m.
[/h]
The memorial, which will take place at Toronto’s International Centre, is set to begin at 11 a.m. and will be carried live by CityNews. You can also watch a livestream of the event here.

Livestream begins on Thursday, Dec. 21 at 11 a.m. ET

I'm still :fence: but can anyone remember how old Douglas Garland was when he committed the murder, transportation and burial of 2 adults and a child (bless that family)?

https://www.reuters.com/article/can...emorial-after-mysterious-deaths-idUSL1N1OK2G2
rbbm.
Barry Sherman, founder of generic pharmaceuticals company Apotex Inc, and his wife, Honey, were found by a real estate agent on Friday morning, hanging by belts around their necks from a railing beside a swimming pool in their home, a friend close to the family told Reuters.

There were no signs of forced entry to the Shermans’ home, according to police.

The friend was adamant that Barry Sherman could not have killed his wife.
“The side door of their house was always open,” said the person who asked not to be named. “Anyone could just walk in.”

Barry Sherman was known as a driven executive who put in 12-hour days on behalf of the company he built into one of the world’s largest generic-drug makers.

Honey Sherman, described as vivacious and sociable, drove to South Carolina with her friends on a golfing road trip the week before her death, the friend said

Seems like someone knew their schedule. This crime could not have been committed against both of them the prior week because Honey was golfing in South Carolina. It couldn't have been committed this week because Honey was about to leave town again. The timing was in between two trips Honey was making.

Could have been murder-suicide as obviously Barry would know her schedule. If murder-murder, this looks planned so both could be murdered together. I don't think the murderer was surprised by Honey since two belts were at the ready.

jmopinion from atop the fence.

I put CP24 on this morning and they had some coverage of the investigation. It was unsettling to see one of the bodies being led away from the house. Clearly rigor mortis had set in as the body was not flat on the gurney. You could see clearly the position the body was in. Sorry to be so graphic.

I put CP24 on this morning and they had some coverage of the investigation. It was unsettling to see one of the bodies being led away from the house. Clearly rigor mortis had set in as the body was not flat on the gurney. You could see clearly the position the body was in. Sorry to be so graphic.

That's weird because the footage i saw showed a gurney with a covered body and the body was not bent just looked flat. I think rigor mortis ends after a certain amount of time. This can also help the investigators know that the times of death are different.

That's weird because the footage i saw showed a gurney with a covered body and the body was not bent just looked flat. I tbink rigor mortis ends after a certain amount of time. This can also help the investigators know that the times of death are different.

This must have been different footage as I saw the other body earlier. The footage shown this morning clearly showed a very bent body. :(

This must have been different footage as I saw the other body earlier. The footage shown this morning clearly showed a very bent body. :(

Jumping off my quote here. They've taken the video down. It was titled "Investigators remain at the Sherman residence" by CP24.com with today's date. If you click on the video, it goes to another video showing the Conference Centre.

If you could, please give me/us your opinion of “shape” or “position” of the body as you saw it. TIA

This, exactly. I've been reading things on here like "Barry would never do this" or "Barry seems like the kind of guy who would...", but really, you people know nothing about Barry, Honey, or what was going on in either of their minds. I understand how the family feel, my own brother killed himself a few years ago and I thought the same thing. When somebody does something like this, more often than not most people around them never saw it coming because they tend to hide their pain. Usually the only person that might have any clue is the spouse, and in this case the spouse is gone. With my brother, nobody saw it coming. Parents, children, siblings all thought he was the happiest most upbeat person they knew. So, to me anyway, its almost laughable when someone says "Barry wouldn't do that". You have no idea what you are talking about. The only people that have a grasp of what went on, who aren't biased by emotion, are the police, and they obviously see this as a suicide. This was NOT a mob hit. This was not a vendetta by estranged family. Lets take off our tinfoil hats and have some respect for these people. Kinda feels like some people are using this tragedy to play some sort of sick detective game. :maddening:

Couldn't agree with you more. Thanks for that post.

If you could, please give me/us your opinion of “shape” or “position” of the body as you saw it. TIA

I clearly saw the knees bent and the upper torso bent forward (upward on the gurney). :(

I'm scouring other videos to see if I can find it elsewhere. I gasped when I saw it.

Jumping off my quote here. They've taken the video down. It was titled "Investigators remain at the Sherman residence" by CP24.com with today's date. If you click on the video, it goes to another video showing the Conference Centre.

Here @0:30. Body is flat. Can someone screenshot in case it goes poof? Reporter saying "another body is being taken away" so one was removed earlier than this one. I'm going to guess the body with rigor mortis is Barry Sherman's body. JMO

https://www.cp24.com/news/pharma-gi...-barry-and-honey-sherman-found-dead-1.3723714

Discussing Barry Sherman's cousins' lawsuit, Murray Rubin, a longtime friend of the couple, tells the CBC show As It Happens, "Barry told me ... he gave them millions, and they blew the money."

Rubin added that he had met the cousins — and that he doesn't believe they would "go to this length" over their dispute.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...spicious-deaths-of-billionaire-toronto-couple

"I'll be honest with you: I have no idea who could do this. But obviously, somebody just hated him. Not only him — Honey, too," Rubin said.

When asked if he was certain that the couple had been murdered, Rubin said:

"Let me tell you, I am absolutely confident that he was murdered. Barry would not harm a fly. He wasn't physical. And Honey loved what she was doing. And Barry is quite open, he was open with me. He never told me that he had problems with Honey, that it would be a murder-suicide. I think it is completely out of character."

Here is the main floor
and lower floor
side by side. I see "lift"in the kitchen, but that looks too small for people - looks more like a dumbwaiter that ends up in the master bedroom dressing room.​

It's definitely serving the recreation/sitting rooms in the basement. These days, mansions have full kitchens serving the basement.​

Here @0:30. Body is flat. Can someone screenshot in case it goes poof? Reporter saying "another body is being taken away" so one was removed earlier than this one. I'm going to guess the body with rigor mortis is Barry Sherman's body. JMO

https://www.cp24.com/news/pharma-gi...-barry-and-honey-sherman-found-dead-1.3723714

Yes, I saw the "flat" body. I too am guessing the one I saw this morning to be Barry. That would suggest a real time difference in the time of deaths. :( JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loveland