Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to know, if HS ever had the opportunity to ask (pampered) FDA, what, heaven forbid, he was doing with the money/credit from BS (like HS did with cousin Kerry ....).

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to know, if HS ever had the opportunity to ask (pampered) FDA, what, heaven forbid, he was doing with the money/credit from BS (like HS did with cousin Kerry ....).

I know why you are asking that question. I had FDA as one of my possible suspects early on. I no longer think he fits the profile. But I haven't ruled him out.

Last edited:
FDA spoke very highly of both Shermans....versus cousin Kerry who detested both of them. Maybe the answer’s in that.
Kerry had (according to his feelings) to blame BS for serious fraud; FDA had nothing to fight for but did get a lot "support" (easy to be nice then). Idk at the moment, if/how FDA ever spoke about HS.

Dec 21 2017
WARMINGTON: Questions haunt family and friends of Barry and Honey Sherman
"D’Angelo’s adamant Sherman wouldn’t have harmed himself or his wife.

“He was a lion. He had the heart of a lion and he had the courage of a lion,” said D’Angelo. “There is no way this guy would commit suicide. There is no way.”

And, he says, Barry Sherman could and would never hurt Honey.

“Absolutely, unequivocally, not,” said D’Angelo. “He was in awe of her. I think Honey’s biggest fan in the world was Barry Sherman.”

The family has hired lawyer Brian Greenspan to monitor the case, which D’Angelo believes was a staged slaying.

“I can’t even imagine the fear he went through and how horrified he must have been,” said D’Angelo. “I wish I could have done something for him because he always had my back and I wish I could have been able to have his back on this.”

Who would want the Sherman’s dead?

“It has got to be somebody with a motive so strong that they felt that eliminating both of them would give their hope of success, or whatever, a better chance,” said D’Angelo.

Whoever it was, he believes, will be detected".

“They are going to go through every square inch of that house for a clue and (also look at) the security cameras,” he said"

“It’s f—— crazy that this man, you know, worked a lifetime to spend his ending in the drawer of the coroner’s office.”
“He was like a brother to me. We talked from the soul to each other … we trusted each other. I trusted him with my life and he trusted me big time."

Related? speculation.
New York accuses opioid maker Purdue of illegal fund transfers to Sackler family | CBC News
Mar 29, 2019

"Purdue Pharma LP fraudulently transferred funds to members of the wealthy Sackler family who control the OxyContin maker despite knowing it faced major liabilities that had made it already insolvent, New York's attorney general alleged.

Letitia James made the claims Thursday in a revised lawsuit already pending against Purdue over its role in the opioid epidemic that added members of the Sackler family and other drug manufacturers and distributors as defendants.

The lawsuit alleged Purdue and other manufacturers engaged in deceptive marketing that downplayed the dangers of the addictive painkillers and accused distributors of failing to detect the diversion of the drugs for illicit purposes.

"As the Sackler family and the other defendants grew richer, New Yorkers' health grew poorer and our state was left to foot the bill," James said in a statement.

The revised lawsuit also added as defendants units of opioid manufacturers Johnson & Johnson, Endo International Plc, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd and distributors McKesson Corp, Cardinal Health Inc and AmerisourceBergen Corp."
Aug 29 2018
B.C. first government in Canada to sue drug companies over opioids
"The B.C. government alleges that opioid manufacturers marketed and promoted the drugs in Canada as less addictive than was actually known to them, and for conditions the manufacturers knew the drugs were not effective in treating. Such marketing and promotion, the province asserts, resulted in an increase in prescription and use of all opioids.

Other drug manufacturers named in the suit include Apotex Inc., Janssen Inc., Mylan N.V., Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals Canada Inc., Sandoz Canada Inc., Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Inc. and Valeant Canada LP."
rbbm.

I have wondered about this for some time now. When Barry hosted a fundraiser for Trudeau at Barry’s house in 2015 there were picketers from the JDL present, to protest the liberal’s perceived support of Iran.
The pictures with the article claim to show police and protesters outside Barry’s house on the night of the event. But it is clear from the photos, based on hat I can se, that this isn’t the colony rd house at all.
We know Barry live in the colony rd house for many years. So did barry have a second house? See the attached link.

Justin Trudeau fundraiser picketed by Jewish group over Liberals’ support for Iran nuclear deal

Barry was rightly credited for his genius ability in developing medicine formulas. Developing a "pot pill" and beating the competition was likely why he was motivated to work such long hours each week up to the day he died. This work would be immensely rewarding for him, both mentally and in anticipated company sales and personal rewards. Winning was everything to Barry. Does this sound like a man who would be distracted enough about new house plans, to actually go into a rage and kill his wife and commit suicide? The M/S theory has to be laid to rest imo.

I think Barry gave up the management of his company so that he could do what he loved most, and what he did best...developing pharmaceuticals.

On the topic of who might be the killer.....many similarities of this case and the murders of the Likness couple and their grandson always remind me its a mistake to assume the motive for murder is logical or rational.

Another similarity I just noticed is “no forced entry”. Later it was discovered Garland picked a lock on the side door which he must’ve skulked out in advance as instructions for how to, the very same type of lock, was found on his computer.

“There was no sign of forced entry at the Liknes home, where the three were last seen by Nathan's mother on June 29.”
Police charge Garland with murder in deaths of Calgary boy and grandparents

ETA: Much the same as in this case, some early speculation ran rampant in believing there was no outside intruder. Maybe police need to explain “forced entry” refers to obvious signs of access through windows or doors being broken?

Last edited:
Defence attorneys are notoriously known for the ability to spin. It goes with the job. If we are to believe every word a defence attourney says then we must also believe every client they’ve ever defended was not guilty.

I think Greenspan has done an outstanding job playing good guy/bad guy with TPS. Why, I don’t think the reason is quite clear yet. But when this case is eventually solved and we learn the real story it wouldn’t surprise me if most if not all the information revealed in the media that was allegedly sourced through Greenspan and the PI team was one big strenuous exercise in creative writing. They were hired to solve the homicide for the family, not to inform the general public.

Greenspan most certainly knows the definition of “forced entry” as does every other criminal defence attourney and retired police officer.

Greenspan also accused Toronto police of failing to thoroughly check the entry points into the home.

"If this best practice had been followed, they would have located the point of entry into the home, which would have seriously undermined their misleading and irresponsible conclusion that there had been no forced entry," he said....”

Family of Barry and Honey Sherman offers reward of up to $10M for information about killings | CBC News

Barry Sherman was helping to develop ‘pot pill’ for medical marijuana users | The Star
Sun., March 25, 2018
Of all the deals Barry Sherman was involved in, perhaps the most intriguing is his foray into medical marijuana. This is not the recreational marijuana the federal government plans to legalize this summer, which in Ontario will be sold in LCBO-run stores. Medical marijuana is already a booming business in Canada and around the world, but the product is not licensed to be taken as a long-lasting pill.

Last edited by a moderator:
Barry Sherman was helping to develop ‘pot pill’ for medical marijuana users | The Star
Sun., March 25, 2018
Of all the deals Barry Sherman was involved in, perhaps the most intriguing is his foray into medical marijuana. This is not the recreational marijuana the federal government plans to legalize this summer, which in Ontario will be sold in LCBO-run stores. Medical marijuana is already a booming business in Canada and around the world, but the product is not licensed to be taken as a long-lasting pill.

Before any type of medication is licensed, it enters a long process of many years of clinical trials to prove it’s effective.

Not to take away from Barry’s accomplishents, but his forte was taking existing pharmaceutical drugs and creating a generic similarity that wasn’t protected by a patent. That at age 75 he alone learned a secret to a long-lasting pot pill, enough that it’d be worth his life, I have difficulty imaging that scenario. Notice the word “helping” in the article you linked. It’s possible that his help was primarily financial as it still exits through Apotex’s partnership.

Aug 8, 2018
CannTrust and Apotex Accelerate Partnership to Fuel Global Expansion in Medical Cannabis Market
“As part of the Apotex partnership, applications will also be made for Drug Identification Number (DIN) registration for proprietary formulations following completion of clinical trials.“

Sun., March 25, 2018

Snipped...

...“I think Barry decided Apotex better get in on the ground level,” said Aubrey Dan, a businessman who is involved in the project, but was once a Sherman rival in the generic drug world. “Barry was a true entrepreneur. He has always been a risk taker.”

Health Canada approval is estimated to be two years away, but if it comes, the pills would be a disrupter in the Big Pharma brand-name drug world, and for Sherman’s own generic firm, providing an alternative to highly addictive opioids and other pharmaceuticals. People who worked with the late Sherman say the so-called “pot pill” will be one of his greatest legacies.

“Barry went away and did his homework,” recalled Eric Paul, CEO of CannTrust. “Then everybody got on board.”

...Pharmaceutical companies, both brand name and generic, produce many drugs (including fentanyl and other highly addictive opioids) that might be replaced by a cannabis pill, according to proponents of the CannTrust plan. That’s why they believe their product might “disrupt” the market.

After considering the idea for a time, Sherman said simply, “Let’s do it.” That led to the creation of an agreement between Apotex and CannTrust on Dec. 23, 2016, to “develop novel dosage formats and products,” according to the long-form prospectus Canntrust filed in advance of the company going public. That means that some pills would have different levels of THC, some CBD, and some both. Eventually, clinical trials will have to be run and the results presented to Health Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackparsley