Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a member of the family was involved it doesn't make sense not to accept the murder-suicide version. It is much easier to influence your siblings than to kill your parents. It doesn't make sense to me. With murder-suicide, the book would be closed.

Daughter AK was the one who arranged what became the Greenspan team.

If it was someone in the family that tried to make it look like a m/s, they may not have anticipated that team would be organized or how much expertise the members would have.

If a member of the family was involved it doesn't make sense not to accept the murder-suicide version. It is much easier to influence your siblings than to kill your parents. It doesn't make sense to me. With murder-suicide, the book would be closed.

Can you pls help me understand- I am unclear what you mean about influencing your siblings vs. killing your parents. How do you convince someone to participate in a M/S?

Daughter AK was the one who arranged what became the Greenspan team.

If it was someone in the family that tried to make it look like a m/s, they may not have anticipated that team would be organized or how much expertise the members would have.

I would presume it was a family decision. How would one or more of the children justify arguing against hiring the investigators and greenspan, without it being questioned heavily as to why they were opposed?

Can you pls help me understand- I am unclear what you mean about influencing your siblings vs. killing your parents. How do you convince someone to participate in a M/S?

Sorry, I was not clear.
I think it would be easier to influence your siblings to accept murder-suicide theory than to organized the murder of your parents.

It would be interesting to know how close the relationships between the siblings is these days, I got the impression they werent very close before the killings.
If it was a family member who hired professional killers, would the other siblings voice their thoughts or let sleeping dogs lie, surely they’ve had some deep discussions together trying to solve it...

Wondering how KW feels about all this, does he get along with his 2nd cousins?
A little surprised to read in the book that approx 6 years before his death, BS told some of his friends that he was considering leaving HS.
#page 219
imo.

Last edited:
You would need an alibi in case LE determined it was a M/M, and started investigating those closest to the family, asking for an alibi.
Hired killers I agree often wouldn"t complete the task. But IMO PROFESSIONAL killers would do exactly what they were hired to do, in the way they were hired to do it, IMO. (not that I've ever tried to hire one, just to be clear).
Sleeping? They have no idea exactly when the crime took place do they?

Wondering how KW feels about all this, does he get along with his 2nd cousins?
A little surprised to read in the book that approx 6 years before his death, BS told some of his friends that he was considering leaving HS.
#page 219
imo.
I'm reading the book (#136) and I would like to recommend it. :)
I remember, that self-confident HS told her friends, how much $ billions her husband would have to pay in case of a divorce and to get rid of her. Can't find a link now.

Sorry, I was not clear.
I think it would be easier to influence your siblings to accept murder-suicide theory than to organized the murder of your parents.

Thanks. I get it now. Maybe some family members wanted it investigated, and perhaps couldnt be convinced otherwise (if anyone tried).

Its also important IMO to remember that just because the kids apparently inherit everything, there are others that could benefit financially
Sleeping? They have no idea exactly when the crime took place do they?

No they don't. But if you could prove you were out of the city or the country during the possible times that the crimes were committed, or with a bunch of people, I think that would work. So would camera footage showing that you spent wed night at your home, or restaurant receipts, etc. I think those responsible for the killings would have logically assumed the bodies would be discovered the next day (Thurs), either by some staff or by realtors showing the house, so the amount of time they would have to actually account for their whereabouts would be relatively finite. Such things are always possible if planned correctly.

Thanks. I get it now. Maybe some family members wanted it investigated, and perhaps couldnt be convinced otherwise (if anyone tried).

Its also important IMO to remember that just because the kids apparently inherit everything, there are others that could benefit financially

No they don't. But if you could prove you were out of the city or the country during the possible times that the crimes were committed, or with a bunch of people, I think that would work. So would camera footage showing that you spent wed night at your home, or restaurant receipts, etc. I think those responsible for the killings would have logically assumed the bodies would be discovered the next day (Thurs), either by some staff or by realtors showing the house, so the amount of time they would have to actually account for their whereabouts would be relatively finite. Such things are always possible if planned correctly.

and RBBM as to what I was referring to above- the children would actually inherit, but some of them have partners/spouses/business partners that could/would benefit financially, directly or indirectly from these deaths. The possible actions of these other/related persons may not in fact even be known by the children themselves....

Further from the interview just posted, interesting that Donovan is saying MS is 'persona non grata' because of some things SHE said. ??? Wonder what she said?

edited to add: starting around 16:55

Definition of persona non grata
: a person who is unacceptable or unwelcome

Definition of PERSONA NON GRATA

HS was a "persona non grata" at Apotex, as she joked.
Endless court battles, angry relatives and shady players: the truth about Barry Sherman

In one Toronto Sun interview, Honey joked that her title at Apotex was “persona non grata.” In truth, she was the company’s best ambassador.

Last edited by a moderator:
HS was a "persona non grata" at Apotex, as she told someone (reporter?) ....
Endless court battles, angry relatives and shady players: the truth about Barry Sherman
"..Honey joked that her title at Apotex was “persona non grata.” In truth, she was the company’s best ambassador. As her husband waged war with critics and enemies, Honey forged alliances among the powerful who populate the non-profit sector, using her charm and determination to help others."

and RBBM as to what I was referring to above- the children would actually inherit, but some of them have partners/spouses/business partners that could/would benefit financially, directly or indirectly from these deaths. The possible actions of these other/related persons may not in fact even be known by the children themselves....
Thats a good thought re partners or spouses.

i held off on commenting on barry sherman contemplating divorce in the book..... and the one person said it was 6 years earlier

i believe the obama's drew up divorce papers. and i'm guessing the clintons/trumps have come very close too so it's not that rare.

i think the shermans hiring a lawyer to challenge was inevitable no matter what.........

do people think TPD would have got around to M/M on their own eventually? scary to think they would not have and that if it was poorer family it would still be M/S

spouses marrying into families can be a big problem financially.. i.e. the person from the family is ok living poorly when they could be living much much better if they shook things up.

didn't see much evidence of that here? in fact, i'd say none

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member