CANADA Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotr

Reaction score
Pharma giant and philanthropists Barry and Honey Sherman found dead
Pharmaceutical giant Barry Sherman and his wife Honey Sherman were found dead in a home in Toronto’s York Mills neighbourhood on Friday afternoon, sources confirm.

Emergency crews responded to a 9-1-1 medical call at a house located at 50 Old Colony Road, which is in the area of Bayview Avenue and Highway 401.
Firefighters, officers and paramedics arrived on scene just before 12 p.m. and located two bodies inside.
Barry Sherman was the chairman of generic drug company Apotex Inc. He and his wife were well known Toronto philanthropists.

Canadian Business magazine recently listed Barry Sherman as the 15th richest person in Canada, with a net worth of $4.77 billion.

Speaking to reporters in front of the home, Const. David Hopkinson said the victims’ deaths are being treated as suspicious at this time.

“The circumstances of their deaths appear suspicious and we are treating it that way,” he said. “Our investigators are inside (the home) investigating and taking apart the scene.”

Verified Insider
Kerry Winter - Verified family member

MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9

Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread#15
Thread #16

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

Unless a member is a Verified Insider, they must provide MSM links to substantiate information stated as fact, otherwise make it very clear that it is your opinion (MOO, JMO, etc) or your post may be removed.

IF your information is coming from Kevin Donovan's book, please make that very clear, as in "KD states ...".

Also please do NOT post inside information that could be LE holdback related to the actual crime scene.

From what we know, Barry had a disregard for material things that didn't matter to him. He drove a worn-out Ford Pinto. He wore a belt from Canadian Tire. In the circle of billionaires with yachts, maybe someone took him for a rube and found out he was shrewd. When something was important to him, he could invest millions, and hundreds of millions of dollars in it.

Donovan said something interesting in the interview that dotr posted in the last thread.
He thinks it’s possible that the police have only recently identified the suspect.

Then I remembered this item from May, bbm:

Toronto Star
@TorontoStar

May 17

Friday, Yim revealed Toronto Police have held steadfast to a single theory since four months after the murders. There are “branches” of the theory and having for now exhausted many domestic avenues, they're looking overseas for information on the murder.”
https://twitter.com/TorontoStar/status/1394291958521151490?s=20

I don't know how religious the Shermans were. Would they have recited Psalm 91 before heading on their trip?

If they were devout, maybe that Psalm, which was the house number of their new property, was meaningful to them.

Psalm 91 - Wikipedia

Correction to my post 970, Dec. 19, 2021

Until today, I thought Honey arrived home shortly after leaving Apotex after the last meeting with the architects, but today in Kevin Donovan's article in The Toronto Star, I noticed he said Honey went shopping, and to a bank in the mall, before returning home, probably shortly before Barry arrived. Barry left work around 8:30 p.m, and likely arrived home before 9 p.m. That means the assassin had to work quickly to avoid having to confront both of them at one time, although they did tend to use different entrances, on different floors. The assassin could not control what time each of them would return home, so there may have been another killer in the house to help if necessary.

I still think Honey was killed near the powder room in the front hall, after a short struggle. ( her dropped cell phone on the floor )The assassin (s) likely then proceeded to wait by the back door from the garage, near the pool area, to attack Barry from behind almost as soon as he entered. ( His papers dropped on the floor near the door coming into the pool area) Likely, IMO Barry was killed very quickly as well. In Kevin Donovan's article yesterday, he also said that the police think Barry and Honey were killed between 9 p.m. and midnight. That would leave a great deal of time for staging, which was not likely necessary. Perhaps he did not kill them right away after restraining them, or perhaps the police have the suspect on video leaving well before midnight. Sgt. Price was clear in his recent press conference, that he was not going to provide times or locations with regards to the video of the suspect walking in the area.

There is also always the chance that the assassin or assassins were searching for something in the house, which took time. Professional assassins, or even ordinary people who murder, do not usually linger at the scene of a killing. They want to efficiently do the job, clean up any evidence to be removed, and leave.

The police also stated a few weeks after the crime in a news conference that this was a targeted homicide. It sounds like a great deal of planning was carried out before the Shermans were killed. They seemed to know what door each of them usually used to enter the home, and probably took them by surprise. In my opinion, they also likely knew the alarm was turned off, or they turned it off. It seems that much information about the house, and the Sherman's routines, and even plans for that evening, were known by the killer(s). It still seems to me that there could be someone on the inside, who provided information, an employee, someone who worked at the house at one time on a project like the painting in the basement, or even a family member. Just all speculation again, and IMO.

According to reports, it appears Honey put up a struggle hence the marks on her face...maybe the murderer tortured her in front of BS, then killed her???
After that then killed BS? Then staged everything and left. Plenty of time...

According to reports, it appears Honey put up a struggle hence the marks on her face...maybe the murderer tortured her in front of BS, then killed her???
After that then killed BS? Then staged everything and left. Plenty of time...

According to the Hive article the injuries to Honey's face did not bleed, so not likely inflicted during a struggle.

I don't know much about security cameras, but I assume that the video is not distorted or stretched in any way? If it were being stretched horizontally, that might make the suspect look stockier than he is. I would assume TPS would not give us a distorted video though.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toro...rivate-investigators-believe-source-1.4496686

"Private investigators believe that the billionaire Toronto couple found dead at their home in December were murdered by multiple killers, a source with direct knowledge of the parallel probe into their mysterious deaths told CBC Toronto."

"Their wrists showed evidence that they had been, at one point, bound together"

"Private investigators also believe that Honey struggled with her killer or killers. She had cuts on her lip and nose, and was sitting in a pool of her own blood when she was discovered. However, there was comparatively little blood apparent on her upper-body clothing, suggesting that she had been face-down on the tile, bleeding, for some time before being bound to the handrail in an upright position, the source said".

Not the biggest lead, well then?

“When one reporter characterized the release of the video as a “Hail Mary” – the term used in football to describe a desperate, last-ditch attempt at the end of a game to score a touchdown – Price denied the search for the killer (or killers) has hit a dead end. Indeed, he described the video evidence as “valuable… but not the biggest lead in the case.”…”
Is this the murderer of Barry and Honey Sherman or are Toronto police chasing a ghost? - NOW Magazine

Wondering if the suspect looks anything like ‘Louis’ the ‘quasi gangster’? @Kerry Winter

I don’t suppose KW would offer a tip noting the resemblance even if it was a perfect match as he claims the video has been faked. On that note, maybe Louis the quasi gangster was doing a little staging for TPS?

According to the Hive article the injuries to Honey's face did not bleed, so not likely inflicted during a struggle.

I remember reading in I think KD's book that Honey, like Barry, was found in the sitting position after being hung, and that blood was found underneath her. It was her blood, and it was speculated that perhaps she bled from the face/nose when her body was lying down, and then her body was raised, and it was underneath her.

Perhaps the killer punched her in the nose when she struggled, or perhaps as she lost consciousness from neck compression, she fell onto the marble floor in the foyer, face first, and that caused a nose bleed, which continued while the body was being dragged, and afterwards when she was lying on the floor near the pool. Police may have found blood upstairs, and near the drag marks, but withheld that information.

I thought that perhaps the marks to her face may have happened when her body was dragged down the stairs from the first floor, near the powder room and front door, to the basement pool area. I read, I think in a newspaper article, that police found drag marks in the carpet upstairs.
IMO

The Fifth Estate
''Video released by Toronto police shows an individual walking in the neighbourhood on the night of the killings of Toronto billionaires Barry and Honey Sherman four years ago. Police confirmed the individual is considered a suspect in the investigation. To read more: http://www.cbc.ca/1.6284912''

TPS statements on the second video at 23.11 minutes: (couldn't hear the reporter's question)

" The fact is, nobody can be 100% excluded because there is always the possibility, we keep an open mind to, that there's more than one individual that executes the action that may be culpable".

Obviously, TPS can't rule out a hired hit, and therefore, "nobody" has been 100% cleared, despite their alibis.

What I don't understand, if it is true, that TPS had this suspect on video "early" in the investigation, why they thought making it public could hinder their investigation. Why not get the video out to the public ASAP, instead of waiting four years? It is evident that there isn't much to see to identify the person (except for an unusual gait) so how does that hinder their case? Sometimes the public (including neighbours) can help with immediate memories, or recent sightings of a suspect who walked like this person.

Either TPS hadn't identified this person until recently, or they have had this info early, and have gone to extremes to keep the investigation close to the vest, which can be counter-productive. jmo

IF they were bound together at one point I am thinking they were both alive. Because why bound 2 dead people together or 1 dead and one alive together?

If
that's the case, then the murderer kept HS alive until BS arrived home.
I am thinking the killer beat or tortured HS in front of BS to make him talk. Maybe they wanted info from him? Then the killer murdered HS in front of BS, then killed him.

JMO....just my own personal theory...I could be way off on this. Just a gut feeling.

I
I don’t suppose KW would offer a tip noting the resemblance even if it was a perfect match as he claims the video has been faked. On that note, maybe Louis the quasi gangster was doing a little staging for TPS?

In driving around Toronto this weekend I started to look at the way pedestrians were walking. I saw 3 or 4 people that had a similar walking style as this individual. At least based on the less than clear video that LE released. I think that identifying this person from this video is never going to happen, and I frankly think their gait is more common than we think.

Not the biggest lead, well then?

“When one reporter characterized the release of the video as a “Hail Mary” – the term used in football to describe a desperate, last-ditch attempt at the end of a game to score a touchdown – Price denied the search for the killer (or killers) has hit a dead end. Indeed, he described the video evidence as “valuable… but not the biggest lead in the case.”…”
Is this the murderer of Barry and Honey Sherman or are Toronto police chasing a ghost? - NOW Magazine
IF they were bound together at one point I am thinking they were both alive. Because why bound 2 dead people together or 1 dead and one alive together?

If
that's the case, then the murderer kept HS alive until BS arrived home.
I am thinking the killer beat or tortured HS in front of BS to make him talk. Maybe they wanted info from him? Then the killer murdered HS in front of BS, then killed him.

JMO....just my own personal theory...I could be way off on this. Just a gut feeling.

We don’t know if they were bound together, that has never been confirmed. They both had markings on their wrists indicating they had been bound. But not necessarily together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth