CANADA Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
High end realtors are a driven bunch. I doubt there was a signal blocker, just a revved up realtor imagining his 3% of a 7 million dollar home.
But if it was a realtor, AND there was a lockbox, surely he would've gone in at least one time long enough to view the home all over, on behalf of clients. Perhaps he possibly would've gone to his vehicle one time to call (or not, why not just stand outside to call?) the listing agent to get the lockbox code (which generally the receptionist or 'duty agent' would have access to). Why the several back and forths, and then not again later on in the day perhaps, IF he had to speak directly to the listing agent herself, in order to get the code?) Who's the say there *wasn't* a signal blocker. I think they have a range. That could've been part of what police were 'testing' out on the street later on, sometime after the bodies were discovered, imo.

Gormley Show segments, Thur. Dec. 15, 2022
Saskatoon / 650 CKOM
Brody Hamilton

Dec 15, 2022 | 7:58 AM

8:30 – Today marks the 5-year anniversary of the mysterious death of Barry and Honey Sherman. Kevin Donovan, Chief Investigative Reporter for the Toronto Star has been covering the story from the very beginning and joins Gormley to give us the latest on the story.
LIVE: Kevin Donovan, Chief Investigative Reporter at Toronto Star and author of The Billionaire Murders: The Mysterious Deaths of Barry and Honey Sherman

----
You kind of have to look around for the recording.. on this page: https://www.ckom.com/show-captures/

I'm guessing Honey may have gotten that 911 call in. I am not tec savvy but I do know there are a few things you can do to your Iphone to call 911 without actually dialing 911. I would have to look that up, but a while ago I watched a YT video about it. It's just a few simple pushes of the volume button (I think) and it will call emergency for you. I am still thinking HS dialed 911 without actually pushing the 911 buttons if you understand what I mean. There is also another emergency/safety way for an Iphone to call 911 as well. I just can't remember what that is.

So my theory is even though they didn't have security, she may have them security features activated on her phone and may have called 911 right from her coat pocket. If she had an IPhone. JMO

How old are JS children? Is it a definite fact that BS paid for the surrogacy of JS children? I believe he has 2 kids and I am wondering when the first one was born? Anyone know?
Two boys born June, 2019 and it’s a fact BS paid USD$311,609 for the surrogacy two weeks prior to the murders, and USD$17,677 on the day of the murders at Jonathon’s request.

How old are JS children? Is it a definite fact that BS paid for the surrogacy of JS children? I believe he has 2 kids and I am wondering when the first one was born? Anyone know?

They must be around 4, I would think. One child is JS's, the other is his spouse's through two different surrogacies. They are around the same age. I could never understand why BS, who had given JS in excess of 125 million bucks would even entertain paying for the surrogacy. Apparently, he still paid for both, though. BS was quixotic, he was such a hard nosed business man with a ruthless streak but seemed like a soft touch with his kids. Honey was the hardliner.

It is kinda strange. JS had a lot of his own money. Apparently Millions, so why on earth would BS pay for the surrogacy? Was JS that bold to even ask BS to foot the bill for that especially since BS has given him millions previously for other things?

I am also wondering if JS added 25 million to the "pot" because he is so confident that this will never get solved so his money is "safe"? Or is he trying to trigger a landslide of false tips to throw the investigation off? (I watch to many crime shows lol). Just a thought I had.

It is kinda strange. JS had a lot of his own money. Apparently Millions, so why on earth would BS pay for the surrogacy? Was JS that bold to even ask BS to foot the bill for that especially since BS has given him millions previously for other things?
I am also wondering if JS added 25 million to the "pot" because he is so confident that this will never get solved so his money is "safe"? Or is he trying to trigger a landslide of false tips to throw the investigation off? (I watch to many crime shows lol). Just a thought I had.
From reading many articles and comments, it appears that many are pointing their fingers at him. However, it doesn't make sense that he would be offering more reward money; if that were the case.

Last edited:
From reading many articles and comments, it appears that many are pointing their fingers at him. However, it doesn't make sense that he would be offering more reward money; if that were the case.
That is exactly why he would offer 25 million. To throw some people off. Who in their right mind would offer 25million if they "did it"? Remember 25 Million is nothing to him now that he has millions and millions of dollars. 25 Million is huge money to a normal person, but it's like a 100 bucks to him, especially if he is overly confident and thinks this will never be solved.

That is exactly why he would offer 25 million. To throw some people off. Who in their right mind would offer 25million if they "did it"? Remember 25 Million is nothing to him now that he has millions and millions of dollars. 25 Million is huge money to a normal person, but it's like a 100 bucks to him, especially if he is overly confident and thinks this will never be solved.
Yes he could offer all the money he has, if he is confident it will never be claimed.
After five years it must be becoming less likely it will ever be solved.

5 yrs later….increase the reward…..why not make it 100 million…..the multiple murderers haven’t been arrested…..and, how many of you thought it was me.
The cover-up continues…..keep holding your breath.
The arrests are coming soon.
NOT!

5 yrs later….increase the reward…..why not make it 100 million…..the multiple murderers haven’t been arrested…..and, how many of you thought it was me.
NOT!

I respect that you have your view of what happened that night and that you in part are basing it your personal experience with both victims.

I’m not sure how you’re able to explain away the use of ligatures that were not found at the scene or that the police have a suspect captured on cctv walking to the Sherman home at the time both are believed to have been murdered, spending time there and then leaving the scene.

The investigation is ongoing and the police have said there are persons of interest and one suspect so far. They have enough evidence or probable cause to satisfy a judge who continues to grant warrants or work orders. A crown attorney is involved along with one detective assigned full-time to the case who works in tandem with the homicide team.

I’m also not sure if you want any of us to explain how or why we can suspect that you may be involved, but I personally have a response if that’s a genuine question. It encompasses more than you and the night of the murders, but it starts with the details you have shared and expands on them.

ETA: I personally suspect two or more other people, you just mentioned yourself and how we may have viewed you as a suspect.

Last edited:
NOT!
Good Morning Kerry. Welcome back.
Has the police followed up with you lately incase you had more details to share? Any talk between the family on what they think happened? We know what you think happened, just wondering if you can share any gossip with us. Thanks

I wondered about the $17k, that BS had to pay for the surrogacy bill at the end. Not even that sum JS could pay himself?? What a deal between father and son, shaking head.

They must be around 4, I would think. One child is JS's, the other is his spouse's through two different surrogacies. They are around the same age. I could never understand why BS, who had given JS in excess of 125 million bucks would even entertain paying for the surrogacy. Apparently, he still paid for both, though. BS was quixotic, he was such a hard nosed business man with a ruthless streak but seemed like a soft touch with his kids. Honey was the hardliner.
Barry was very wild about to produce children with his own super perfect genes (hyper smart) .......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuryus