CANADA Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to the dropped cell phone found in the powder room, it is believed that HS may have been ambushed and killed on the main floor while BS is believed to have been ambushed and killed in the basement due to papers and gloves found on the floor there near the basement door from the garage. The killer must have ambushed, overpowered, and zip-tied their hands and then their necks to kill them.

That’s possible and most likely, but we don’t know the time of when they were each killed. We only know the 3-hour time frame of deaths that LE has stated: 9:00 pm—12:00 am.

KD has uncovered when they both likely returned home—approximately 8:00pm for HS and 8:50 -9:00 pm for BS.

Last edited:
Well there could be blackmail, but what i had in mind is that someone felt ripped off, insulted, envious, done wrong, and very angry at the S's and decided to commit the ultimate retribution, murder (with a twist).
imo speculation
You are saying the motives were greed, envy, hate and persecution. In my opinion, that sums up the personal nature of the killings.

You are saying the motives were greed, envy, hate and persecution. In my opinion, that sums up the personal nature of the killings.
It could also be competition of a personal nature, a business one, or both, imo.

Dec 2022
'A dispute between two business partners has ended with an attempted murder charge after a man was shot at a Winnipeg storage facility earlier this week.'

Last edited:
Generic fentanyl from wiki

Duragesic and generic fentanyl patches are currently listed on the Ontario Drug Benefit (ODB) Formulary in 25, 50, 75, and 100mcg/hr strengths. when oral long-acting pain medications cannot be used.

A hint please about who this is? Thanks. :)
''It was immediately after this exchange in 2015 (two years before Barry and Honey were murdered) that Jonathon wrote to his three sisters, questioning their father’s business competency. The three sisters ignored this suggestion. One of them sent Jonathon’s email to their father, who told his close friends about it. “There goes Jonathon, attempting a palace coup,” Barry told one friend. Jonathon said his father “brushed it off and life went on.”

Earlier in the heated email exchange, Jonathon suggested that he wanted to discuss “succession” with his father, to see if he and business partner Adam Paulin “can play some role in that.” In a family business, succession refers to the transfer of power and sometimes ownership from one generation to the next.''
1672257562441.png

Last edited:
Apparently JS would always bring AP to regular meeting with his father and BS didn't want AP at these meetings. AP seems to be one of the very few people not talking and afaik there isn't any interviews or anything with this guy. It's just strange to me that even KD hasn't talked to him and if iirc, didn't KD say AP wouldn't agree to talk to him?
Don't forget, a lot of money that JS received from BS directly benefited AP.

Apparently JS would always bring AP to regular meeting with his father and BS didn't want AP at these meetings. AP seems to be one of the very few people not talking and afaik there isn't any interviews or anything with this guy. It's just strange to me that even KD hasn't talked to him and if iirc, didn't KD say AP wouldn't agree to talk to him?
rbbm
''On Oct. 27, 2017, Barry writes to Jonathon to discuss a meeting about Apotex and his other business interests. “I don’t want to meet with you and Adam,” he says. “You are my son.” Jonathon responds that he wants to bring Paulin to the meeting, noting that Barry’s second in command at Apotex, Jack Kay, will be present. In his email, Jonathon refers to himself as the “heir apparent” to the Sherman fortune. Barry replies that yes, “you are my son and heir to the empire” but he complains of Jonathon’s “unwillingness and apparent disinterest” over the years in the Apotex business. Barry adds that Jonathon’s “hostility persists,” but there is no explanation as to what the Apotex founder is referring to. Jonathon writes that if they have the meeting, “it will be with Adam present.”

'' I ask Jonathon why it was so important for him to bring his partner to a family business meeting, given that his father did not seem to like that idea. Jonathon says it may be a “confidence” issue with him — he does not like doing things on his own. Two years previous, Jonathon had written an email to his father suggesting that he and Paulin could play a role in “succession” relating to the Sherman holdings.

Paulin, who has not responded to interview requests from the Star, has been Jonathon’s close friend since they met at Camp Winnebagoe summer camp. Paulin’s family founded the H. Paulin & Co hardware company in 1920, a top retailer of hardware to chains like Home Depot. Jonathon says that, like him, Paulin had no interest in his family’s business. Paulin is a graduate of the Ivey business school at Western University in London, Ont., and Jonathon — who has an engineering education from Columbia in New York — says he relies on Paulin’s financial background to support their business endeavours.''

Is there a source for this info? Or was it in the book, which I have not read? TIA

Large, colourful and light, but with serious info! fwiw
My alibi stands. Have booked a course for Extreme Knitting on the day in question. ;)

Does anyone think it’s possible that one or more family members supported hiring Greenspan and the PI team and had them set up the PI tip line to find out what other people knew, and to try and keep this info out of the hands of the police?

Does anyone think it’s possible that one or more family members supported hiring Greenspan and the PI team and had them set up the PI tip line to find out what other people knew, and to try and keep this info out of the hands of the police?
Who specifically hired him to do this? Also, there were a few former LE people working on the investigative team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny