Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #2

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by anonypotomous, Dec 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anonypotomous

anonypotomous Active Member

A lot of good it did them in the end :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Loading...

3. JDG

JDG Websleuther

Agree with you about how loving they were towards one another. Their pain was palpable and so very hard to watch. The whole thing has been a nightmare. At this point, I don't have an opinion as to what happened. I hope TPS has information galore, proof and evidence and can persecute whoever did this to their loved ones.

4. spanishshara

spanishshara New Member

I think the family is very concerned about the narrative being pushed out. That is completely understandable but it's definitely obvious they want to control what does and what doesn't get out. Also, I am still skeptical on a murder/suicide but just in general nobody wants to think their loved one is capable of doing something so horrific. As we've seen on shows like Dateline, 48 Hours, etc the family members often can't believe what a loved one is capable of and is in denial. I am not implying this is the case with the Sherman family who seem like lovely people but just in general nobody wants to believe a loved one is capable of murder. I think a second autopsy and investigation is a good idea but I do worry the investigator will not be impartial and will tell the family what they want to hear. I just hope in the end they get the truth because obviously this grieving family deserves that much.

5. JDG

JDG Websleuther

He always drove older vehicles and was quite proud about running them into the ground. Honey would get him a newer (not new) model.
    I doubt he would ever drive a new car, maybe a matter of pride or his frugality.

Not having a security system just tells me that he felt quite comfortable in that neighbourhood where his family had lived for many years. JMO

6. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Well-Known Member

Would they really do another autopsy or have another person skilled in autopsies interpret the findings of the first one?

7. zencompass

zencompass Well-Known Member

Wonderful post. Thank you.

8. Just4TB

Just4TB Member

My take on the police statement... "Not looking for any outstanding suspects"... does not necessarily mean that there is not any suspect. It could have a quite different meaning. It could mean, they have already located their suspect, and have "eyes" on the person, or that person might already be in custody on another charge, LE waiting for the evidence to land that supports a murder charge.

In that scenario, LE would not be looking for any outstanding suspects.

9. JayFriend

JayFriend Active Member

Nothing has been proven, or even reported as fact. LE has been very tight-lipped on this case, not even officially calling it a homicide, only that a homicide detective is also investigating I suspect a lot of politics is involved. In high profile cases like this LE treads very lightly. Obfuscation is the name of the game.

10. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

If there was only one suicide and no murder, how did the second person die?

I'm not following you - help me out.

jmo

11. Grey-St

Grey-St Well-Known Member

I agree with this. I think he seemed wisely frugal.

I also wont be shocked by any means if we find it to be true that there was no security system. I had a hunch early on when people were claiming "they must have security footage" that it could very well not be the case. They were certainly wealthy, but they weren't "celebrities". They didn't have paparazzi following them around and waiting outside their home. They didn't lead some kind of life that would pose a security risk. This was a normal, Toronto family from a close knit (well-to-do) community. I think I've know one family in my entire life to have a security system in their home, and there were certainly no cameras involved. It was a code you entered upon leaving and arriving home. I don't know where all this talk of cameras in every room and motion sensors is coming from... JMO.

I don't know why this is so shocking for some folks. Most people just lock their doors. Have a neighbour take in the paper and your mail when you're on vacation. Leave a porch light on. Remain vigilant. Simple stuff :). And BS sounded like a simple guy.

12. matou

matou #los2188

13. liz b.

liz b. Well-Known Member

Wonder if honey was carjacked. Then forced to drive home. Also, wonder if the SUV impounded by LE was the same vehicle that Honey drove to South Carolina in ?

14. JDG

JDG Websleuther

Thank you for agreeing with my post. I do feel, however, that frugality has its limits. When you are the 15th wealthiest person in the country, a multi Billionaire, it would be prudent to take some measures to protect yourself. Perhaps he was a bit naive.

15. Jackeee

Jackeee Well-Known Member

”and also look at the security cameras”. Frank D’Angelo.

Security cameras? Either they did or didn’t have them. ��

16. Jasper52

Jasper52 Well-Known Member

I agree with what you've posted 100%. I think the confusion for many is the fact that it was reported early-on that the security camera in the poolroom was disabled. It was also reported that a rep. from the security company was called in.

17. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

seems like he would know

18. Tarika

Tarika One of the snoop sisters

19. justice be served

justice be served New Member

Or simply stubborn and set in his ways.

20. Lilibet

Lilibet Watching and Waiting

I’m not the OP, but I don’t think there was a murder and one suicide. But I do think it’s possible there was a manslaughter...unintentional accident (in anger perhaps) in which Honey was clearly not going to survive. Not wanting to go on without her, it’s possible that Barry set it up to look like a double murder, knowing his kids would never accept murder-suicide as a verdict. He’d have to know it wouldn’t pass as a double suicide. But it might be easier for his kids to think it was a double murder. I’m not committing to this scenario, but I do think it’s a possibility.

21. Grey-St

Grey-St Well-Known Member

Absolutely, I see the confusion. That's why I said "if we find it to be true" that there was no security system...
    We have very little facts at the moment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.