Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #6

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by dotr, Dec 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

https://www.cp24.com/news/pharma-gi...-barry-and-honey-sherman-found-dead-1.3723714
    Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3
    Thread #4
    Thread #5

2. Loading...

3. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...apotex-founder-barry-sherman/article37348222/
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. otto

otto Verified Expert

5. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

http://torontosun.com/news/local-ne...sherman-hated-his-wife-and-wanted-her-whacked

6. Alice Ramnit

Alice Ramnit Member

7. tarabull

tarabull Life is a puzzle.

Snipped from the link above...
    ...As to an alibi, during the period in mid-December when the Shermans were likely killed, Winter was at a12-step program for Cocaine Anonymous the evening of the day they were last seen alive, and at work as a construction site manager the next day. In between, he said he watched an episode of Peaky Blinders on Netflix, and slept. He lives by himself.

Peaky Blinders fwiw http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2442560/

A gangster family epic set in 1919 Birmingham, England and centered on a gang who sew razor blades in the peaks of their caps, and their fierce boss Tommy Shelby, who means to move up in the world.

8. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

I’d love a body language expert like Dr. Lilian Glass to comment on the cousin’s body language in that Daily Mail tv video interview.

9. Hazel

Hazel New Member

'My gut tells me he killed her. He asked me twice to whack her. He hated his wife.' Billionaire and wife found hanged beside their pool was murder-suicide NOT a targeted hit their cousin tells DailyMailTV
    Published: 14:15 EST, 31 January 2018 | Updated: 15:57 EST, 31 January 2018
    VIDEO: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/embed/video/1619102.html

Full article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5327391/Canadian-tycoon-killed-wife-says-cousin.html

10. Sphinx

Sphinx Member

He really hurt his reputation by giving this deplorable interview. When a Judge rules on any future appeals, he make take this into account, and not look upon him favourably, even if he never mentions it in his ruling.

It is interesting that LE have not even bothered to interview him yet, or maybe they have, informally, and he did not realize it. He seems to want to be the center of attention, and maybe he is frustrated and angry that they have not interviewed him yet. I imagine they investigated him, and they must have their reasons if they eliminated him from the suspect list. IMO

11. gregjrichards

He has not been eliminated from the suspect list he is being interviewed by law enforcement today or tomorrow.

12. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

13. Tortoise

He's so desperate for this to be accepted as a murder-suicide conclusion.

He's moved from off my radar to my no.1 slot.

His own words betray his supposed conviction "Barry did the deed";

14. human

human Well-Known Member

LE may have interviewed other people connected with the cousin. Now they are going to see how his story fits in.

15. Tortoise

Why didn't he speak out between the murders and the police press conference I wonder.

16. Tortoise

Anyone know if the drugs anonymous organisation he claims he went to on Dec 13th is allowed to divulge information about member's attendance to law enforcement?

17. nuff

nuff Active Member

Disagree. He's not bright enough to have pulled it off. The motivation for the Daily Mail interview was entirely about money (the more controversial he is, the more they pay), with the side benefit to him to slander the Shermans.

18. nuff

nuff Active Member

The problem with a new thread is that it leaves some interesting stuff hanging in the last one ...

Conventional legal wisdom is that you can't defame a dead person (re: Winters' Daily Mail interview), but this is an interesting twist on it https://www.theguardian.com/media/m...ming-dead-relatives-european-ruling-right-sue

The cousins, of course, have no assets worth suing for, but if any of the children inherited their father's appetite for litigation ...?

19. gregjrichards

I don’t know if he personally would do it but he could have paid monsters to do it for them.

I wouldn’t blame the Sherman children for taking legal action against the cousins if they spoke about my much loved parents like this.

20. JDG

JDG Websleuther

It will be a long time before we hear anything more about the Sherman case. So involved, so complex.

21. Grey-St

Grey-St Well-Known Member

I personally think the reason he hasn't been interviewed yet is precisely because he's on their suspect list. He very well may not have done this, but the "fact" that he was at a CA meeting and was home watching netflix, doesn't suffice so far for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.