CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered at Home, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotr

Reaction score
Pharma giant and philanthropists Barry and Honey Sherman found dead
Pharmaceutical giant Barry Sherman and his wife Honey Sherman were found dead in a home in Toronto’s York Mills neighbourhood on Friday afternoon, sources confirm.

Emergency crews responded to a 9-1-1 medical call at a house located at 50 Old Colony Road, which is in the area of Bayview Avenue and Highway 401.
Firefighters, officers and paramedics arrived on scene just before 12 p.m. and located two bodies inside.
Barry Sherman was the chairman of generic drug company Apotex Inc. He and his wife were well known Toronto philanthropists.

Canadian Business magazine recently listed Barry Sherman as the 15th richest person in Canada, with a net worth of $4.77 billion.

Speaking to reporters in front of the home, Const. David Hopkinson said the victims’ deaths are being treated as suspicious at this time.

“The circumstances of their deaths appear suspicious and we are treating it that way,” he said. “Our investigators are inside (the home) investigating and taking apart the scene.”

Verified Insider
Kerry Winter - Verified family member

MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9
Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread#15 Thread #16 Thread #17
Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

Unless a member is a Verified Insider, they must provide MSM links to substantiate information stated as fact, otherwise make it very clear that it is your opinion (MOO, JMO, etc) or your post may be removed.

IF your information is coming from Kevin Donovan's book, please make that very clear, as in "KD states ...".

Also please do NOT post inside information that could be LE holdback related to the actual crime scene.

Re: NWer

The path he took seems pretty clear to me. From Sherman home either took backyards to Forest Heights to Vyner or came out on the road further down Old Colony and cut through Temple Emanu-El to Vyner. Vyner as a route to Bannatyne is the only logical path to take (location of the Bannatyne security tape rules out Swansdown Dr).

From Bannatyne, several routes to take. One thing I was thinking of was all the bus routes along Bannatyne. Streetcars and buses in Toronto only keep their security footage for 3 days as well. Catching a bus on Bannatyne would essentially make him invisible given the lag in discovery of the bodies and all the TPS missteps.

1685231410514.png
Good shot of the side entrance. KD talks about how any struggle at the entryway would be shielded from the road. You can see why here.

And what is the snow print evidence. If more than one, that would be obvious unless the other killer stayed on the beaten path only. Did TPS look at that? Probably.

We’re basing it off of what KD has said in interviews and the Q&As. Some recent examples:

Other journalists and experts have said something similar (eg. Ann B. on the CBC podcast.)

I understand your point. You may be right, it’s all theory at the moment.
Thanks for the links to the specific posts that cite where KD describes his theory. I wish we knew what specific evidence he has seen that makes him reach this conclusion. Not that I am a criminal genius but it seems so contrary to how I think this must have gone down. JMO

What facts or inferences do you all think he could be relying on ?

Thanks for the links to the specific posts that cite where KD describes his theory. I wish we knew what specific evidence he has seen that makes him reach this conclusion. Not that I am a criminal genius but it seems so contrary to how I think this must have gone down. JMO

behavioral patterns and motive

Sometimes people will talk to journalists in confidence and they are not comfortable speaking to police. You see this often with private investigators. I assume he has talked to people and some have mentioned things that allowed him to come to certain conclusions.
KD will probably never reveal all of his sources because it would break the trust of the public and his reputation. If his reputation is trashed he will never be a trustworthy or reliable journalist. JMO

Do the S 'kids' keep in touch with Aunt MS's twins and son NS?
that question was asked during one of the Q & A's with KD. He said they were never close while growing up and have no relationship now. Also, MS is now estranged from one of her boys, but I'm not certain as to which one.

From the end of KDs podcast:

Was someone looking for Honey Sherman‘s will which everyone has told me doesn’t exist. But, what if Honey did have a will? What I can tell you is that the possibility that she did have a will is in police interview files. It comes in a statement by one of Honey’s service providers who was a close confidant of Honey’s. I know it’s there because I also interviewed the service provider. What the service provider described to me is a very interesting interaction with Honey three weeks before the murders. I’m going to read to you from notes of my interview. It was around November 20, 2017. Honey and I were talking and she said meet me at Yonge and St. Clair Avenue. Honey said she was just coming from her lawyer’s office and she had just updated her well. She had done some amendments. After hearing the Shermans had been found dead, the service provider immediately reached out to police. It won’t surprise you to know that a detective didn’t follow up for six weeks.
I believe she had a will

that question was asked during one of the Q & A's with KD. He said they were never close while growing up and have no relationship now. Also, MS is now estranged from one of her boys, but I'm not certain as to which one.
Thanks, the term twins was mentioned in an earlier post so i was reminded that MS had other children besides NS, the one with whom she is in some kind of legal dispute, imo.

2021 rbbm.
''The families of both Barry’s sister and Honey’s sister were also given financial help. For example, according to documents in a lawsuit filed by the son of Honey’s sister Mary Shechtman (he is seeking information on the Shechtman family trust and a court order removing Mary and her husband Allen Shechtman as trustees and replacing them with a corporate trust company), the Shechtman trust owns 17 houses. Insiders say those were purchased with Barry’s assistance over the years.''

''One filing in the court action Mary’s son Noah has against his mother and father provides a tiny snapshot of the widespread use of the “Bank of Barry,” or, in this case, the Bank of Honey.
In October 2017, two months before the murders, Noah was in Florida with his husband and he emailed his Aunt Honey saying he wanted to buy new clothes. Honey was travelling in San Francisco.

“Saks has friends and family right now,” Noah wrote Honey on Oct. 6, 2017, referring to the department store’s promotion. “Is it OK to use the card to get some things? I need some things because I don’t have many things that fit. Love you!”

Honey emailed back that afternoon. “Of course. My pleasure. Do you need my card? I’m not home until Sunday. Does your mom have the number? Xoxo.”

Honey must have told her sister Mary about the exchange because a few hours later Mary blasted her son by email.

“You and I already discussed (and) you aren’t allowed to make any further purchases on the card without my approval,” Mary told Noah, instructing him to return some items he had previously purchased.

View attachment 425026
Good shot of the side entrance. KD talks about how any struggle at the entryway would be shielded from the road. You can see why here.

And what is the snow print evidence. If more than one, that would be obvious unless the other killer stayed on the beaten path only. Did TPS look at that? Probably.
Unlikely IMO. There was lots of freezing and thawing around that time. Plus LE seems to have missed or ignored all kinds of potential evidence

Last edited:
From KD article:

When Honey came bustling in a few minutes after 5 p.m. they got down to business, discussing what type of windows and doors they should purchase for the new home. One builder later told police that the meeting was to be at Old Colony, but it was changed. The builder later told police that Honey mentioned during the meeting that Barry normally works until 11 p.m. but he was going home early that night for a reason the builder could not recall. The meeting ended with the Shermans and builders consulting calendars to book the next meeting to discuss the plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname