CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered at Home, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Page 11- in another 911 call, someone named Joseph Chan, another male caller, told the police dispatcher that he was going to attend the Sherman address. Who is this person; how did he know about the deaths; and why have we never heard about this person before?
Joseph Cohen—I think that’s the relative that was called, possibly by MS, right after the bodies were discovered. He called 911. I’ll look for the link tomorrow if you want it.

There is a seduction at play here to think this was solely for money. Yea, it was financially motivated. But to cross into this sort of thing, it goes beyond money. It comes down to identity. Someone’s identity was on the chopping block, given how closely they tethered their identity to power, control, wealth, and the pursuit of these things as they saw it. Identity was what was actually threatened and in need of protection. This was about survival.
bbm

I can imagine, one certain person was in the process of ruining themselves by speculating in 2017 and feared the loss of identity the most.

Last edited:
bbm

I can imagine, one certain person was in the process of ruining themselves by speculating in 2017 and feared the loss of identity the most.
At the funeral for Honey and Barry Sherman, which I watched on youtube, JS made the surprising comment during his eulogy for his parents, that his family was *advertiser censored**** Up. IMO

so was the partner of the son questioned or is he an invisible party ?
so MS being the sister who out of nowhere suggests its a hate crime cause honey made a rasict comment to somebody ?!
so there was a window opened and a door unlocked ? does this say the killer/s had help from the inside ? one of the employees helped ease the way ?
why all the reluctance in calling the police !! do you call the police first or the kids !

I don't understand these people at all. You find 2 dead bodies who are your bosses and you make several calls to other people before you call 911? This has always bothered me. The one person clearly stated they were murdered BUT lets call several other people first, before we call the police!

That alone is strange. It's not like you are all by yourself and you are confused and not thinking clearly from the shock of finding 2 dead people so you phone a couple other people first BUT there were several people there and not one person decided to call 911 immediately? I wonder how thoroughly they were questioned by police over this detail?

I'm in the process of listening to the Blackballed podcast. I listened to part 1 last night and am partway through part 2. The audio is horrible. The only guy you can really hear clearly is David Wallace, the host's volume is way too quiet and the other guy that's talking sounds muffled, maybe intentionally. Do you guys think DW is making it up?

I don't understand these people at all. You find 2 dead bodies who are your bosses and you make several calls to other people before you call 911? This has always bothered me. The one person clearly stated they were murdered BUT lets call several other people first, before we call the police!

That alone is strange. It's not like you are all by yourself and you are confused and not thinking clearly from the shock of finding 2 dead people so you phone a couple other people first BUT there were several people there and not one person decided to call 911 immediately? I wonder how thoroughly they were questioned by police over this detail?
And you stay IN the house not knowing if the bad guys are still around? You also don't know if any other bodies are in there and then you go about your normal routine!

Do we know how much time passed between EB's call to MS and then the amount of time between that call to 911?

thats why i think ..there is an inside conspiracy ..like its like calling the family to say ( is it OK to call the cops ?
have anyone seen the redacted suspects name ? or is there a general speculation.

I’ve never really thought of MS as a realistic suspect. She had too much to lose unless she was 100% sure Honey had not only bequeathed to her but had enough money in her own name to do so. Otherwise it would make more sense to murder only Barry (such that Honey inherited first).

This said, it’s interesting that we know that Honey and MS spoke about meeting the very evening of the murders. We have only MS’s word that she actually declined. Or does MS have an alibi? (MOO/speculation)

Also, there may be more calls or communications that we don’t know about — although the murderer(s) would be very stupid to coordinate that way, leaving a trail.
While I share your doubts about MS as a suspect, consider the scenario where HS has advised MS that her will has been amended to leave MS $300/$500 million. We know that HS does not have $300/$500 million in net worth. The only scenario that HS does have this money is if BS dies and leaves it to her. And the only scenario that MS inherits this money from HS is if HS subsequently passes away. Speculation, MOO

Joseph Cohen—I think that’s the relative that was called, possibly by MS, right after the bodies were discovered. He called 911. I’ll look for the link tomorrow if you want it.
I am familiar with the names of a number of BS relatives, but I have never come across this name. However, maybe he is was a realtor that worked with Stern and she called him?

and if the children are sincere ( cant forget the mother was considering changing her will !)
then instead or raising awards no one will get, why not a very big documentry ..cause this isnt even a famous case.. atleast I never came across it before
a doc might shake things up..
This is a very important case in Canada. I know people in the UK, Israel, the United States and Ireland that are following this case.
It's a huge case in Canada. It's been almost 6 years but I have no doubt that it will be on Dateline, 48 hours etc. once someone is arrested. Listen to the 2 podcasts to get the best info about who the prime suspect is in the minds of most people. Crave is having a documentary based on the book on June 16 and 23, 4 episodes in total. There is a lot of info out there. I do believe there will be charges but the killer put a lot of obstacles in place and other obstacles were already there i.e. Apotex not allowing police to have a lot of Barry's emails etc. since there was private info involved. Also, the family hiring Eddie Greenspan meant any info he and his team found that the family didn't want police to know about would be considered lawyer/client privilege.

Follow the money...

It would also depend on the type of snow that had fallen that night. From the photos it looked like a light dusting and then I think it was very cold that evening. So it may not leave that much of a mess. You would track in more snow if it was a packy snow, if it was a dry snow and then very cold outside not much would track in at all. Also, the killer could have stomped his boots off before entering, or slipped on little throw away "booties" over top of his boots. (the kind you get sometimes at Dr's offices etc)

Plus, remember the housekeep was cleaning, and there were a few people in that home the morning the bodies were discovered so the whole scene would have been contaminated at this point.
I think i looked up when it started to snow that night. I may be wrong but i think it said 8pm.
I believe the killers were in the house already by then.

I am familiar with the names of a number of BS relatives, but I have never come across this name. However, maybe he is was a realtor that worked with Stern and she called him?
My guess is that it’s HS’s cousin, but I don’t know what his profession is:

“Detectives said Stern told them she first called Mary in Florida to “ask where Honey was because something weird was going on.”

Banks came back upstairs at this point “shaking and said that the Shermans were blue and clearly dead.” In a statement that was passed on to Shechtman that morning, Banks told Stern, “They were murdered.”

Shechtman told Stern to call police. Banks also called 911, as did a cousin of Honey’s in Toronto who was apparently alerted by Shechtman. Banks told a 911 dispatcher the two people in the pool room were certainly dead and “she would not be performing CPR.”

Toronto Fire Department arrived first after the 11:44 a.m. call. A firefighter noted “they were blue in colour with obvious signs of rigor mortis.” Police arrived a little later, at 11:54 a.m.”

The above is a long, detailed article KD wrote about the ITO we’re talking about.

It bothers me to no end as to why KD keeps mentioning that JS solved the magic carpet puzzle as if it’s a stroke of genius. I did that exercise in grade school summer camp, and I was dumb enough at the time that I almost choked on a marshmallow while there. Sometimes there’s one carpet, sometimes there’s two, but the answer is obviously it takes teamwork to solve it. (You fold it over in stages and tightly move as a group.)

Maybe you’re right that he’s making a reference to it that involves the case that I’m not seeing, like an actual floor covering or carpeting used at the scene. I thought KD may have been implying the crime itself took teamwork.
That exercise can actually seem to absolutely impossible to execute. I have seen it done with very few people on the mat. That is not so difficult and can be fun. The way it's done in the training session in Israel is with so many people on the mat that there isn't one inch of room to negotiate. there is maybe one inch around the edge of the rug
and 15 or so men trying to flip it over. It's a daunting exercise. I have seen it twice while in Israel and by soldiers who have been hiking in the boiling hot desert all day with huge backpacks on their backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member