CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered at Home, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
So KD said the "obvious theory" are we safe to say in his mind the obvious theory is JS and AP?

I have said from day one the I have always had an uneasy feeling about AP. Just a hunch but I still say it is very odd that there is no "talk" in the news or even in redacted documents about AP. Is this all being kept secret by the police and KD because there is a lot to say about him? JMO

I kind of feel JS is the only person close to the case that likes or respects AP based on what people have been quoted as saying about him, but maybe there’s a small chance he’s a confidential witness?

So KD said the "obvious theory" are we safe to say in his mind the obvious theory is JS and AP?

I have said from day one the I have always had an uneasy feeling about AP. Just a hunch but I still say it is very odd that there is no "talk" in the news or even in redacted documents about AP. Is this all being kept secret by the police and KD because there is a lot to say about him? JMO
I am not sure what AP's motivation would be for his involvement in the deaths of the Sherman's. Supposedly he has relatively wealthy parents, and he was not a heir of the Sherman's. That would preclude any direct financial benefit to him. To some, being a business partner with JS may create guilt by association. However that is not evidence.

I think the lack of 'news, or mentions by the TPS and KD about AP, points more to the facts of his non-involvement rather than some 'secret' agenda. MOO

I am not sure what AP's motivation would be for his involvement in the deaths of the Sherman's. Supposedly he has relatively wealthy parents, and he was not a heir of the Sherman's. That would preclude any direct financial benefit to him. To some, being a business partner with JS may create guilt by association. However that is not evidence.

I think the lack of 'news, or mentions by the TPS and KD about AP, points more to the facts of his non-involvement rather than some 'secret' agenda. MOO

You may be completely right. But I think indirectly he benefited a great deal, imo. If Barry had lived he would have found out that they hadn’t secured mortgages and he was 50% responsible for the loans Barry gave them that were to be discharged.

If Barry had moved to insisting on a bankruptcy it would have been made public and would have been embarrassing, imo. So it was possibly more than just money involved.

Jonathon’s ex-boyfriend said he felt betrayed when Barry pulled the financing of his business. It sounded like a big mess. AP has been Jonathon’s friend since they were young, he may have viewed the Shermans as family as well. So
that conflict over the mortgages and lack of action may have impacted their personal relationships.

Jonathon’s ex-boyfriend told police that when his house-flipping businesses failed and Barry and others got involved, Jonathon walked away from it and he and Jonathon broke up. Maybe there was a concern with JS or AP that Barry pulling the plug and the resulting financial fallout might mean their relationship could be threatened.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet (and maybe not relevant...), but does anyone find it odd that David Pichosky and Rochelle Wise, a Toronto Jewish couple, were murdered in a similar way in Florida in 2013? Found asphyxiated and bound in January 2013 inside their Florida home...Donovan mentions it in the book. I never realized how they died. Their murder, as of 2022, remains unsolved.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet (and maybe not relevant...), but does anyone find it odd that David Pichosky and Rochelle Wise, a Toronto Jewish couple, were murdered in a similar way in Florida in 2013? Found asphyxiated and bound in January 2013 inside their Florida home...Donovan mentions it in the book. I never realized how they died. Their murder, as of 2022, remains unsolved.

Referenced here many times..

It is also interesting that the Shermans were going to go to Florida before they were both murdered. Apotex under BS had recently bought a property there to produce opiods like fentanyl for the U.S., Central and South American markets.

In general, when two different witness statements about the same thing/event/person differ from each other so that both cannot be true, would it not cast suspicion on one of them? And if so, would it not have to be looked into further? Shouldn't two contradictory statements warrent further investigation into the matter? Who is telling the truth and who is not?

Last edited:
Referenced here many times..
What was their relationship to each other since they have different last names? Were any of them divorced?
Any former spouses, any children or any stepchildren?

It is also interesting that the Shermans were going to go to Florida before they were both murdered. Apotex under BS had recently bought a property there to produce opiods like fentanyl for the U.S., Central and South American markets.
I would like to know, if Florida or Canada played an important role re the location, they were murdered at.

What was their relationship to each other since they have different last names? Were any of them divorced?
Any former spouses, any children or any stepchildren?
Seems, he was a widower, who married Rochelle W. There are children with his last name as well as her last name. He was named "loving father", not a stepfather, in his obituary.

You may be completely right. But I think indirectly he benefited a great deal, imo. If Barry had lived he would have found out that they hadn’t secured mortgages and he was 50% responsible for the loans Barry gave them that were to be discharged.

If Barry had moved to insisting on a bankruptcy it would have been made public and would have been embarrassing, imo. So it was possibly more than just money involved.

Jonathon’s ex-boyfriend said he felt betrayed when Barry pulled the financing of his business. It sounded like a big mess. AP has been Jonathon’s friend since they were young, he may have viewed the Shermans as family as well. So
that conflict over the mortgages and lack of action may have impacted their personal relationships.

Jonathon’s ex-boyfriend told police that when his house-flipping businesses failed and Barry and others got involved, Jonathon walked away from it and he and Jonathon broke up. Maybe there was a concern with JS or AP that Barry pulling the plug and the resulting financial fallout might mean their relationship could be threatened.

I remember the police had some grainy video of people leaving the area around their apt. The police, ( according to what i read years ago), believed that it was a robbery, drug addicted people trying to get money for drugs. The couple lived on the main floor of the building and access was easy into the unit. The family reached out to the Shermans and told them to get their own investigation going, not to depend on the police alone. I remember hearing that the family of Wise was very upset that the Florida police didn't spend much time on the investigation.

I would like to know, if Florida or Canada played an important role re the location, they were murdered at.
Coincidentally..
Map from Crestwood Valley Day Camp to 50 Old Colony Rd
8 min (4.6 km) via Bayview Ave

''Wise helped run Crestwood Valley Day Camp from its founding in 1990 until her death in January. Now the camp has dedicated the creative arts centre at the camp to Wise.
Jamie Wise, Rochelle’s son, said Crestwood Valley Day Camp was a big part of her life.
“It means a lot. This was a very special place for my mom. She spent her life here. She helped build this camp. The children, the staff, everyone that was a part of this place was special to her,” he said. “Now to know that they walk by everyday and see her name, she’ll be a part of this place forever.”

I don’t think there is any link to the Florida murders.

I also don’t think the murderers were motivated by stopping the new plant in FL. Apotex is a huge company. Killing the owner doesn’t necessarily change business projects in the works.

Now if JS is in fact a culprit, he may have been partially motivated by this, as he may not have preferred that the company spend money on the FL plant and he knew he could likely stop it as owner/trustee. But even this would be one “benefit”, not the animating motive per se. MOO.

A1303251-7BDC-48D5-9169-5A4C8E657CA3.png
Doug H.’s statement, from court records posted in AB’s substack: Questions about the Barry and Honey Sherman case: Part 7

I didn’t understand it from the Star article, but Doug H. and his wife were set to travel to Japan together.

According to a quick google search, Apotex is linked to Japan. I guess they sell their products there. Maybe Barry had investments or other businesses there as well? He didn’t seem to like vacations, yet he was set to be going to Miami, Japan and Israel. He had financial interests in both Florida and Israel, as we know.

I remember the police had some grainy video of people leaving the area around their apt. The police, ( according to what i read years ago), believed that it was a robbery, drug addicted people trying to get money for drugs. The couple lived on the main floor of the building and access was easy into the unit. The family reached out to the Shermans and told them to get their own investigation going, not to depend on the police alone. I remember hearing that the family of Wise was very upset that the Florida police didn't spend much time on the investigation.
Florida police invested a lot of money into extracting DNA, running it through all the DNA databases at the time, and generating and promoting a facial reconstruction of one of the suspects. I think it may well be solved by genetic geneology.

In general, when two different witness statements about the same thing/event/person differ from each other so that both cannot be true, would it not cast suspicion on one of them? And if so, would it not have to be looked into further? Shouldn't two contradictory statements warrent further investigation into the matter? Who is telling the truth and who is not?
Yes I think you are correct. Who do you have in mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member