CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered at Home, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding, and it needs verification, was that Barry invested in the project lead by Sam Mizrahi. Sam is of Iranian descent and Jewish, and his family came to Canada when Sam was six years old, two years before the Iranian revolution.

The benefit of having Barry involved besides his money, was the cachet of his name associated with the project.

At one time Barry through a company he controlled, provided a second mortgage for $61.5 at 13%. I cannot find any media reports, but I think Barry withdrew this funding at some point, and there could have been some bad-blood between Mizrahi and Barry. I just do not know for sure.
And Mizrahi has some VERY unsavoury former business associates

And Mizrahi has some VERY unsavoury former business associates
''Sam Mizrahi, one of Canada’s best-known property developers, was building two luxury condominiums in midtown Toronto last year when he says he received a phone call from someone who demanded millions of dollars, threatened to burn his house down and ruin his reputation.

The person on the other end of the line, Mizrahi said in court filings, was Mahmoud Reza Khavari, former chairman of Iran’s largest state-owned lender, wanted since 2011 for his alleged involvement in the biggest fraud scheme in Iran’s history. He was also the father of Mizrahi’s business partner and a key source of capital for the developer’s two condo projects, according to the documents.''

Re post, very interesting 2018

Last edited:
There are a few parallels between the 2021 Spohr shootings and the Sherman murders, imo. The Spohr murderer was also caught walking for kilometres to the home where they laid in wait for the victims to arrive home. The victims were involved in a few court battles, were wealthy, and the killer seemed to have a lot of inside information in order to pull off the crime.

Their son-in-law (their daughter’s husband) and another person has now been charged. The motive was apparently financial.

There are a few parallels between the 2021 Spohr shootings and the Sherman murders, imo. The Spohr murderer was also caught walking for kilometres to the home where they laid in wait for the victims to arrive home. The victims were involved in a few court battles, were wealthy, and the killer seemed to have a lot of inside information in order to pull off the crime.

Their son-in-law (their daughter’s husband) and another person has now been charged. The motive was apparently financial.

Reminded of the same case!

By Rosie DiManno October 21, 2023 rbbm

''Here’s another flash of insight into Idsinga’s character, the making of him as a cop, never before revealed: His own grandfather was murdered. The particulars he’s not yet ready to publicly share. But he learned of it from his German-born mother when he was around 10 years old.
“My grandfather was a murder victim. I saw the trauma it caused my mother. That set me on the path of wanting to catch the bad guys.”

''The job’s inherent ugliness has taken its toll, but he’s never lost his humanity, his fundamental decency and sanguine nature. And he was so damn good at that job. In 2022, the homicide squad broke a 26-year record for clearances, coming in at close to 85 per cent. “That was a tremendous accomplishment for the team.”
The murder that weren’t solved, they’ll always nag. He’ll leave without a solve in the murders of Barry and Honey Sherman. Everybody has a theory, many have a suspect in mind. Does he think he knows who did it but the evidence to charge is lacking?
“It’s not my case. I’ve got some ideas. It’s tough, six years after the fact. Certainly a lot of circumstantial evidence that points sometimes in the same direction, sometimes in different directions.”

''Sam Mizrahi, one of Canada’s best-known property developers, was building two luxury condominiums in midtown Toronto last year when he says he received a phone call from someone who demanded millions of dollars, threatened to burn his house down and ruin his reputation.

The person on the other end of the line, Mizrahi said in court filings, was Mahmoud Reza Khavari, former chairman of Iran’s largest state-owned lender, wanted since 2011 for his alleged involvement in the biggest fraud scheme in Iran’s history. He was also the father of Mizrahi’s business partner and a key source of capital for the developer’s two condo projects, according to the documents.''

Re post, very interesting 2018
Early on, I had considered that Mahmoud Reza Khavari could be possibly linked to the Sherman's deaths. Now, I do not think he was involved at all.

I believe Iran has tried to extradite Khavari from Canada, but the Canadian Government has refused that request.

Last edited:
Early on, I had considered that Mahmoud Reza Khavari could be possibly linked to the Sherman's deaths. Now, I do not think he was involved at all.

I believe Iran has tried to extradite Khavari from Canada, but the Canadian Government has refused that request.

Mizrahi was friends with both of the Shermans so if it was someone connected to him I could see Honey possibly opening the door to them.

I can also see Khavari as a suspect because he felt entitled to part of the One Bloor project and Barry had revived the project. Friends of his enemy may have become his enemies. If he couldn’t have the part of the development, destroying two of the key investors and possibly hindering the project may have motivated him.

This sounds so much like the Spohr shootings, though. I think the Shermans’ killer or killers knew them intimately. There were too many moving parts.

By Rosie DiManno October 21, 2023 rbbm

''Here’s another flash of insight into Idsinga’s character, the making of him as a cop, never before revealed: His own grandfather was murdered. The particulars he’s not yet ready to publicly share. But he learned of it from his German-born mother when he was around 10 years old.
“My grandfather was a murder victim. I saw the trauma it caused my mother. That set me on the path of wanting to catch the bad guys.”

''The job’s inherent ugliness has taken its toll, but he’s never lost his humanity, his fundamental decency and sanguine nature. And he was so damn good at that job. In 2022, the homicide squad broke a 26-year record for clearances, coming in at close to 85 per cent. “That was a tremendous accomplishment for the team.”
The murder that weren’t solved, they’ll always nag. He’ll leave without a solve in the murders of Barry and Honey Sherman. Everybody has a theory, many have a suspect in mind. Does he think he knows who did it but the evidence to charge is lacking?
“It’s not my case. I’ve got some ideas. It’s tough, six years after the fact. Certainly a lot of circumstantial evidence that points sometimes in the same direction, sometimes in different directions.”
Thanks Dotr, I read this story in the Star this morning.
What does he mean it isn’t his case? He was the Head of the homicide division. If it isn’t his case, whose case is it? Very strange comment.

Under this government, we don’t extradite anyone.

IMO a disappointing but telling comment by him. He disavows any responsibility for it because someone else is the primary investigator Under his command? Maybe that’s why it isn’t solved. Moo
I agree that it’s a disappointing comment. He seems to be trying to offload responsibility too. Ultimately as HOH it was his case.

This is the most disappointing part of his comment. This makes me think TPS is no further ahead than Websleuths…
If he's as good an investigator as his record shows he may still be in misdirection mode. Giving the killer(s) a sense of complacency that LE is no further ahead than it was six years ago. At least I'm hoping that's what his comments mean.

If he's as good an investigator as his record shows he may still be in misdirection mode. Giving the killer(s) a sense of complacency that LE is no further ahead than it was six years ago. At least I'm hoping that's what his comments mean.
Maybe Misdirect for so long that the killer eventually passes away! Arghh!

We can only hope! I just hope we’re not deluding ourselves with wishful thinking …,

My understanding, and it needs verification, was that Barry invested in the project lead by Sam Mizrahi. Sam is of Iranian descent and Jewish, and his family came to Canada when Sam was six years old, two years before the Iranian revolution.

The benefit of having Barry involved besides his money, was the cachet of his name associated with the project.

At one time Barry through a company he controlled, provided a second mortgage for $61.5 at 13%. I cannot find any media reports, but I think Barry withdrew this funding at some point, and there could have been some bad-blood between Mizrahi and Barry. I just do not know for sure.
I am not sure that is correct. From what i understand SM is very close to Mary S and Family.
He cared very much for B and H .
Barry Sherman did many things and gave much to people he didn't have any interest in investing with or profiting from.
If he thought someone had a passion. Passion and hard work was everything to BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname