CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered at Home, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #23

I know there are some very dangerous people behind this murder, but if I knew anything, for 35 million I'd take the chance.
I’d like to think anyone with information who isn’t a part of it would share any information they have regardless. But there could be a real power imbalance and risk of danger/retribution. And potentially no money, or even worse lost money. For example, if your information implicated X and X finds out, what if you are civilly sued by someone with deep pockets. You’d need a lawyer. And to pay for a lawyer.

Or what if X administers the reward— highly doubt they jump to pay it out. My mind goes again to a litigation over the reward, again with one party potentially having much deeper pockets.

This is why I would be interested in learning how the reward is administered, beforehand. I would consult with a lawyer in advance about the process and the risks and legalities of reward claiming.

There is still physical danger risk, too, MOO.

I know there are some very dangerous people behind this murder, but if I knew anything, for 35 million I'd take the chance.
Money isn't everything. I don't trust the cops at all and if I suddenly had $35 million in my account, my lifestyle would change. No matter how quiet, people would notice.

Some people know for sure what happened, they were party to the crime, not likely they will talk.

Some people may have a good idea what happened because of their association with the criminals, but this knowledge could be fatal. "All of a sudden Cousin Tony, is living the lifestyle and I am arrested. I can put two and two together. Bye bye Cousin Tony!"

The rest of us are just guessing.

Some people know for sure what happened, they were party to the crime, not likely they will talk.

Some people may have a good idea what happened because of their association with the criminals, but this knowledge could be fatal. "All of a sudden Cousin Tony, is living the lifestyle and I am arrested. I can put two and two together. Bye bye Cousin Tony!"

The rest of us are just guessing.
Or perhaps the associates and friends of the killer (s) will remain silent because they agree with the reason(s) that the murderers felt justified the killing of the Shermans. Especially the case for religious reasons, or because the Sherman’s were seen to have slighted or cheated the murderers in some way. Or for their own cultural motivations e.g. honour killing.

Last edited:
Also, to get the reward, must the tip go to the police? Or someone else? Either way, is the person putting up the money made aware of the tip and/or the tipster before it is paid out? And what if one of the sponsors of the reward is actually implicated in the tip?
Also, is it before or after taxes since it could be diminished by any applicable taxes? Are rewards tax free or not?

Was it just a coincidence that BS and HS who were one of Canada's richest Jewish couples and supporters of Israel were murdered (December 13, 2017) during the week and between when it was the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine's (PFLP) 50th anniversary on December 11, 2017 and the 30th anniversary of Hamas on December 14, 2017?
''Dec 6, 2017
President Trump has announced that the US now recognises Jerusalem as Israel's capital.Mr Trump described the move as "a long overdue step" to advance the Middle East peace process.The president said the US would support a two-state solution, if approved by both the Israelis and the Palestinians.Ahead of the decision, a spokesman for Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas warned it would have "dangerous consequences" for the region.''

''Dec 6, 2017
President Trump has announced that the US now recognises Jerusalem as Israel's capital.Mr Trump described the move as "a long overdue step" to advance the Middle East peace process.The president said the US would support a two-state solution, if approved by both the Israelis and the Palestinians.Ahead of the decision, a spokesman for Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas warned it would have "dangerous consequences" for the region.''

Muslim leaders declare East Jerusalem as Palestinian capital​

12/13/2017 (December 13, 2017)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean