CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered @ Home - Toronto #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if this repairman may have forgotten how much farther back the pool was (since he stated he hadn't serviced the pool in years?)? But really, he wouldn't have had a reason to even go through that doorway leading to the spiral staircase. I noticed that this spiral staircase also has a glass block wall between it and the garage.
View attachment 404901
(above photo from real estate photo spread)

Photos showing Barry's car parked in the garage near the glass block walls (presumably nearest to the door/entrance to the house(?), which would've been the other side of that spiral staircase, imo).
View attachment 404905View attachment 404906
Photos from this article: Barry and Honey Sherman murder detectives learn cellular ‘tower dump’ was a bust

Yes, that makes sense. And I can now see what the repairman that was on the CBC possibly meant.*

One possibility: There was a utility room between the furnace room and the garage that he may have worked in. There were two water heaters in there so I think there could have been exposed ducts and electrical panels as well. There’s a door in there that led to the garage. He said he found doors open and lights on in the basement which was very unusual, so that door may have been open.

If he looked through that door he would be able to see the glass block wall of the pool room. (For example if he found the door open and went to close it, or it was a glass door.) Or he did have to access the room next to the pool—maybe there were exposed hvac ducts there.

He said Honey didn’t like lights left on or doors open, so possibly he closed up everything before leaving, and that’s how the realtor found it.

(But still: the lights in the pool room were off except for the dim pool lights. Did the killer shut those lights off or not need them on? That bugs me.)

*presuming the furnace repairman named in the Star and the unnamed repairman that was on the CBC are the same person.

06AB5E84-F2ED-4E5C-B402-3533FF0C87DD.jpeg

Yes, that makes sense. And I can now see what the repairman that was on the CBC possibly meant.*

One possibility: There was a utility room between the furnace room and the garage that he may have worked in. There were two water heaters in there so I think there could have been exposed ducts and electrical panels as well. There’s a door in there that led to the garage. He said he found doors open and lights on in the basement which was very unusual, so that door may have been open.

If he looked through that door he would be able to see the glass block wall of the pool room. (For example if he found the door open and went to close it, or it was a glass door.) Or he did have to access the room next to the pool—maybe there were exposed hvac ducts there.

He said Honey didn’t like lights left on or doors open, so possibly he closed up everything before leaving, and that’s how the realtor found it.

(But still: the lights in the pool room were off except for the dim pool lights. Did the killer shut those lights off or not need them on? That bugs me.)

*presuming the furnace repairman named in the Star and the unnamed repairman that was on the CBC are the same person.

View attachment 410381
BBM in quoted text above - I can't remember it being said that the furnace man found lights on and doors open? I hope LE really grilled the furnace repairman, as he was first to enter that level of the home after the killer(s). I hope they know exactly how it was found, what items the repairman may have touched, or moved things, or noticed things, etc. Did LE take any shoe prints from down there, and then compare them against the repairman's prints? I think the hallways down there had shiny floors, I would think shoes would leave prints, even though invisible?

A very long, detailed article about Dr. Olivieri and the controversial Apotex drug trial and thalassemia drug.

‘Dr. Nancy Olivieri was in the lobby of Toronto General Hospital, waiting in line at Starbucks, when one of her former patients approached her to tell her that they were now taking deferiprone.

Olivieri was taken aback. Decades earlier, when she was just starting her career at a major nearby hospital, she had been one of the first scientists to test the drug on patients with thalassemia, a hereditary blood disease that can be life-threatening.

The trial came crashing down in the mid-’90s when Olivieri’s research led her to doubt the efficacy and safety of the medication. She went public with her concerns. The drugmaker, Apotex, tried to muzzle her. The hospital where she worked at the time demoted her and referred unfounded concerns about her to Ontario’s medical watchdog. She was pushed to the margins and ostracized….

…What she found alarmed her. In some cases, she said, patients were kept on deferiprone despite clear warning signs or documented past problems with the medication. With her longtime colleague and ally Dr. Brenda Gallie, she found most of the 41 patients whose records she had approval to examine suffered “significant toxicity,” including diabetes and liver dysfunction. A woman in her 30s died in 2013, “presumably of cardiac failure,” 13 months after being placed on the drug in combination with a low dose of an approved medication.

For 14 years, Olivieri has continued digging. She uncovered that the hospital clinic giving the unlicensed drug to patients was receiving money from Apotex. She also found that an internal UHN review of the care thalassemia patients received – which concluded the clinic’s use of the unlicensed drug was “justified” – overlooked what she considered to be important evidence and had discomforting ties to the drug’s maker.

Like she did decades ago, Olivieri has once again sparked a controversy that has divided doctors and raised uncomfortable questions about the influence of funding from Big Pharma inside trusted Toronto health institutions.

The Star has interviewed key players in the dispute and reviewed hundreds of pages of records, including internal hospital emails and correspondence from Apotex, obtained through Freedom-of-Information legislation (FOI). The investigation’s findings leave Olivieri and Gallie concerned about a possible whitewash.’

AUDIO.
March 24 2023
''The Toronto Star’s Kevin Donovan brings you along for the ride as he argues in court to unseal documents related to the Sherman homicide investigation and the multi-billion dollar estate of Honey and Barry Sherman, which the police say is part of their probe.

The Billionaire Murders: The hunt for the killers of Honey and Barry Sherman” is a “Suspicion” podcast probing the strange case of the famous Toronto couple who were found strangled in their north Toronto home in 2017. For five years, Donovan has covered the case for the Star, fought court battles to access documents on the police investigation and the Sherman estate, and wrote a book about it.''

"Digging anonymously on Websleuths"
'' Mar 23, 2023 The No Good, Terribly Kind, Wonderful Lives and Tragic Deaths of Barry and Honey Sherman l Weekly
The lack of justice, or any resolution, has left a void in this story that has been filled by online sleuths, investigative reporters, nosey neighbours, and conspiracy theorists. From Covid to the Clintons. From family to the Mafia. With more than a dozen theories on the table, and little information from the police, is it any wonder this case remains constant fodder for the darkest corners of the internet? About The No Good, Terribly Kind, Wonderful Lives and Tragic Deaths of Barry and Honey Sherman: News of the mysterious deaths of billionaire Canadian pharma giant Barry Sherman and his philanthropist wife Honey in December 2017 reverberated around the world. Five years later, with no arrests and little news from the police, their deaths remain shrouded in mystery and conspiracy theories, with too many lingering questions. Not just who killed them, but what kind of life do you have to live that when you’re found dead, there are multiple theories, including some involving your own family? That’s the question journalist Kathleen Goldhar set out to discover, in The No Good, Terribly Kind, Wonderful Lives and Tragic Deaths of Barry and Honey Sherman, as she explores who the Shermans really were and why too much money might have been what killed them in the end.''

BBM in quoted text above - I can't remember it being said that the furnace man found lights on and doors open? I hope LE really grilled the furnace repairman, as he was first to enter that level of the home after the killer(s). I hope they know exactly how it was found, what items the repairman may have touched, or moved things, or noticed things, etc. Did LE take any shoe prints from down there, and then compare them against the repairman's prints? I think the hallways down there had shiny floors, I would think shoes would leave prints, even though invisible?
He started talking about the lights and doors around the 5:00 mark:

The floors down there looked like older natural slate tiles that hadn’t been oiled recent to the real estate photos, imo, so they would have shown dust and marked up easily from what I know of them.

Hard copy 2 full pages of article..
March 24 2023
By Rachel Mendleson
''Dr. Nancy Olivieri was in the lobby of Toronto General Hospital, waiting in line at Starbucks, when one of her former patients approached her to tell her that they were now taking deferiprone.

Olivieri was taken aback. Decades earlier, when she was just starting her career at a major nearby hospital, she had been one of the first scientists to test the drug on patients with thalassemia, a hereditary blood disease that can be life-threatening.

The trial came crashing down in the mid-’90s when Olivieri’s research led her to doubt the efficacy and safety of the medication. She went public with her concerns. The drugmaker, Apotex, tried to muzzle her. The hospital where she worked at the time demoted her and referred unfounded concerns about her to Ontario’s medical watchdog. She was pushed to the margins and ostracized.''

Hard copy 2 full pages of article..
March 24 2023
By Rachel Mendleson
''Dr. Nancy Olivieri was in the lobby of Toronto General Hospital, waiting in line at Starbucks, when one of her former patients approached her to tell her that they were now taking deferiprone.

The trial came crashing down in the mid-’90s when Olivieri’s research led her to doubt the efficacy and safety of the medication. She went public with her concerns. The drugmaker, Apotex, tried to muzzle her. The hospital where she worked at the time demoted her and referred unfounded concerns about her to Ontario’s medical watchdog. She was pushed to the margins and ostracized.''
Poor woman, she would have had reasons. OF COURSE, I don't think of her as the causer of the deaths.

Poor woman, she would have had reasons. OF COURSE, I don't think of her as the causer of the deaths.
No way, the good doctor works to keep people alive, not to get rich imo, speculation.

BS speaks approx @ 10:00
''Feb 3, 2021
CBS' 60 minutes segment, “The Secrecy Clause” aired December 19, 1999. It exposes the story of how billionaire Barry Sherman threatened Dr. Nancy Olivieri when she raised concerns about the safety of a drug being studied in clinical trials partly supported by Sherman.''

I always wonder if nobody has sat these people down to explain to them that when the Trust decided to sell their father's business, that was the end. Whatever money was obtained from the sale, that was their inheritance, which would have been split between the offspring. The money would've presumably been invested, and hopefully would've earned interest up to the time when the offspring would be old enough to get their shares of the money. As far as I have read, the business was reportedly on a money-losing curve.. which prompted the sale in the first place. It likely would have been worth less if sold a year later than it was sold. They received two offers, one of which happened to be from BS, which was higher than the other offer. The other offer contained no stipulations to give anyone jobs or anything but the purchase price, etc. If stipulations were made when the company was sold to B, how can that be expected to be a forever-thing, continuing on even after a buy-out? Who would they be suing and for what, if the trust company had sold it to the lower bidder?

And what a horrible thing, to demand that no family members were allowed to adopt the orphaned children, even to the point that the mother would have preferred them to each go to four separate adoptive homes. I can't imagine that could possibly have turned out better for them, than a relative who would have had access to the family's money, on the children's behalf, for the children, presumably under the oversight of an independent body.

A family tragedy all way around.
The Winter's 4 children are orphaned almost simultaneously (a few weeks between the deaths) and of course the Sherman's 4 offspring were also suddenly 'orphaned'.
Sad coincidence that KW's mom died of a blood disorder and BS created a drug to treat a blood disorders, which was rejected. imo.

“….no one else comes to harm”. Oh….please pray tell me who?

It made me at first worried for you. The interview starts off with the discussion of family tragedies and you were understandably upset.

And the the last few minutes were so shocking that I’ve had to listen to them a few times and I’m still doubting I heard it right.

At the 37:39 mark:
Kathleen Goldhar: ‘…that’s when Kerry says there’s going to be a reckoning, and he goes on to threaten the lives of the four Sherman children…’

Chapter Seven at link: https://www.cbc.ca/listen/cbc-podca...sode/15974553-chapter-seven-my-blood-is-yours

The interview started off and I thought it was interesting to get some more background to the story. A journalist saying she believed you. And she was going to explain why that was to the listeners, and she made some good points.

I am just completely shocked by the ending. I hope no one else is harmed.

I think the naming of a wing of a hospital "Winters" is a nice request of the Sherman children. IMO the request should have been asked of Barry.

KW and his immediate family has been dealt a very tough life, none of us can say they did not suffer. That is unfortunate and very sad.

Again IMO the Sherman children should not have the need to be involved with this matter now, the courts took care of the business matter. What remains is the personal hurt. This was a grudge and fight against Barry, a man who made all of his own decisions, good bad or ugly. The children do not owe anyone anything to satisfy how Barry or Honey treated anyone, they could not control them or have approval over their decisions. No Child should inherit their parents emotional debt to a person or society.

IMO hate and love cross such fine lines, you cannot hate someone so reverently if you did not love them so deeply to start. A nice outcome to see from all of this would be if KW can get past his still felt raw emotions of mistrust and abandonment (not an easy thing to do for anyone) he may be in a better place to be cordial and respectful with his cousins raw emotions and in the end accomplish what he states he wants from this, his parents remembered with respect and honor and their name appointed to a hospital wing.

“….no one else comes to harm”. Oh….please pray tell me who?

Maybe this is a better answer now that the shock from the podcast has worn off a bit.

I hope that the killer or killers are caught and everyone involved in this whole tragedy moves on to something better.

I had hoped you were going to tell the fascinating story of your family origins, and for the most part you did.

I don’t understand being fueled by that much rage that you’d threaten four children of the person you had issues with. As a trustee, Jonathon’s role is to act in the best interests of his father’s estate and follow his wishes and directions. It’s not his place to fight old battles between you and his father. That’s what the courts are for. And it’s now all settled.

This court case ended in 2017, and the Sherman children had nothing to do with it. They were upset by what you were publicly saying then and now you have given them reason to fear for their safety. Can you imagine having both your parents murdered and hearing that broadcast today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mydermarie26