CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered @ Home - Toronto #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you all think KD is so convinced that the person who instigated the murders was present when they were committed?

I am having trouble convincing myself that any one of the obvious individuals who wanted the Shermans dead would be willing or able to get their hands dirty, literally or figuratively. These types of people are clay pigeon shooters, not deer hunters. Death by strangulation is not a tidy or instantaneous event. That's why I associate it with immediate rage (DV), sexual sadism (serial killers), or professional military/security types. If a murder were highly premeditated and committed primarily for money/control, it's hard for me to imagine the affected individual committing it personally via strangulation. A hired killer, yes. Strangulation does not require acquisition of a gun, nor does it leave ballistics evidence. Could the soft-handed people in this circle of suspicion really have committed these murders personally? JMO, of course.
Excellent question.

Why do you all think KD is so convinced that the person who instigated the murders was present when they were committed?

I am having trouble convincing myself that any one of the obvious individuals who wanted the Shermans dead would be willing or able to get their hands dirty, literally or figuratively. These types of people are clay pigeon shooters, not deer hunters. Death by strangulation is not a tidy or instantaneous event. That's why I associate it with immediate rage (DV), sexual sadism (serial killers), or professional military/security types. If a murder were highly premeditated and committed primarily for money/control, it's hard for me to imagine the affected individual committing it personally via strangulation. A hired killer, yes. Strangulation does not require acquisition of a gun, nor does it leave ballistics evidence. Could the soft-handed people in this circle of suspicion really have committed these murders personally? JMO, of course.

We’re basing it off of what KD has said in interviews and the Q&As. Some recent examples:

Other journalists and experts have said something similar (eg. Ann B. on the CBC podcast.)

I understand your point. You may be right, it’s all theory at the moment.

Well I have to disagree.
I tried making a 911 call last week. Time of call was 4.20 pm.
I was on hold for 20 minutes.
I finally spoke to an operator and gave them all of the information.
I decided to stay close by to make sure that the individuals that I was worried about were ok.
Waited one hour.
Police did not show up.
At 10.20 pm I received a call from the police asking me to tell them what I was calling about.
Wow that’s crazy. But in 2017 in North York bad police service may not have been the same.

KD talked with a "Service Provider" of HS, who said, in a very specific and credible way (mentioning where they met that day) that she had just updated her will. And that she was making amendments. There is no credible evidence that HS will did not exist. The evidence suggests it existed. Everything else, based on info we have now, is hocus pocus.
All just your opinion.

Post after post after post full of unsubstantiated claims and opinion not identified as such. Request again that you stop bullying people with nothing but your opinion.

Until you can PROVE HS had a will - by linking LE or Sherman Estate attorney or Court source - and not just offering some hearsay statement made by a “service provider” HS picked up at a bus stop - or by making bogus illogical arguments such as “no credible evidence exists that there wasn’t a will so therefore there must have been a will”) your claim is absolutely unsupported. Again.

Jmo

All just your opinion.

Post after post after post full of unsubstantiated claims and opinion not identified as such. Request again that you stop bullying people with nothing but your opinion.

Until you can PROVE HS had a will - by linking LE or Sherman Estate attorney or Court source - and not just offering some hearsay statement made by a “service provider” HS picked up at a bus stop - or by making bogus illogical arguments such as “no credible evidence exists that there wasn’t a will so therefore there must have been a will”) your claim is absolutely unsupported. Again.

Jmo
You realize everyone knows no one knows and we are theorizing on likelihoods right?

I don’t have to rectify anything. She died intestate, she didn’t have a will. Everything else is just noise. Unless that statement comes from Hendler or an executor, it means she was in the process but it obviously wasn’t complete.

At the time of her death she didn’t have a valid will. It’s that simple. She may have told people she had updated it, but giving instructions doesn’t mean it’s done.

As for the discussion a few pages back, a completed will signed and witnessed is not a privileged document. No sane lawyer would keep it hidden.
We don’t know that she didn’t have a valid will. We only know that no one identified or produced a valid will. It is possible that a valid will was found and destroyed.

It is possible she once had a valid will and formally revoked it but had not signed a new one.

Unless posters here have access to non-public information, no one can say anything with certainty except that she was considered to have died intestate.

We don’t know that she didn’t have a valid will. We only know that no one identified or produced a valid will. It is possible that a valid will was found and destroyed.

It is possible she once had a valid will and formally revoked it but had not signed a new one.

Unless posters here have access to non-public information, no one can say anything with certainty except that she was considered to have died intestate.
Don't we know that she said she had updated the will and was making amendments. Don't we also know KD said her communications with DH are privileged a la the Apotex lawyer deal with the AG (Attorney General).

From the end of KDs podcast:

Was someone looking for Honey Sherman‘s will which everyone has told me doesn’t exist. But, what if Honey did have a will? What I can tell you is that the possibility that she did have a will is in police interview files. It comes in a statement by one of Honey’s service providers who was a close confidant of Honey’s. I know it’s there because I also interviewed the service provider. What the service provider described to me is a very interesting interaction with Honey three weeks before the murders. I’m going to read to you from notes of my interview. It was around November 20, 2017. Honey and I were talking and she said meet me at Yonge and St. Clair Avenue. Honey said she was just coming from her lawyer’s office and she had just updated her well. She had done some amendments. After hearing the Shermans had been found dead, the service provider immediately reached out to police. It won’t surprise you to know that a detective didn’t follow up for six weeks.

She wasn’t considered to have died intestate. She was proven to have died intestate in court. Being familiar with the process, I’m confident she had no valid will at the time of her death.

It’s possible she had one and revoked/destroyed it on the advice of her solicitor. If she had a will she would have shown it to Hendler, and perhaps he said destroy/revoke it until you get your new one. That’s not uncommon. It’s also a good strategy not to do codicils if you don’t want people to see the changes you’ve made. Wipe the slate clean.

I’m pretty certain any prior wills would have been registered and also kept in a SDB or at a law firm.

Last edited:
Just want to say how much I’m enjoying all the new posters thoughts, and how grateful Kevin Donovan keeps the case in the public eye.
I think the killer/s wanted them dead before changes to the will occurred, and before they left for Florida, the days were running out fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine