CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered @ Home - Toronto #20

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotr

Reaction score
Pharma giant and philanthropists Barry and Honey Sherman found dead
Pharmaceutical giant Barry Sherman and his wife Honey Sherman were found dead in a home in Toronto’s York Mills neighbourhood on Friday afternoon, sources confirm.

Emergency crews responded to a 9-1-1 medical call at a house located at 50 Old Colony Road, which is in the area of Bayview Avenue and Highway 401.
Firefighters, officers and paramedics arrived on scene just before 12 p.m. and located two bodies inside.
Barry Sherman was the chairman of generic drug company Apotex Inc. He and his wife were well known Toronto philanthropists.

Canadian Business magazine recently listed Barry Sherman as the 15th richest person in Canada, with a net worth of $4.77 billion.

Speaking to reporters in front of the home, Const. David Hopkinson said the victims’ deaths are being treated as suspicious at this time.

“The circumstances of their deaths appear suspicious and we are treating it that way,” he said. “Our investigators are inside (the home) investigating and taking apart the scene.”

Verified Insider
Kerry Winter - Verified family member

MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9
Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread#15 Thread #16 Thread #17
Thread #18 Thread #19

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

Unless a member is a Verified Insider, they must provide MSM links to substantiate information stated as fact, otherwise make it very clear that it is your opinion (MOO, JMO, etc) or your post may be removed.

IF your information is coming from Kevin Donovan's book, please make that very clear, as in "KD states ...".

Also please do NOT post inside information that could be LE holdback related to the actual crime scene.

1672764868922.png
Published Jan. 14, 2022
''A cache of unsealed documents related to the murder of Barry and Honey Sherman is revealing new details about the investigation into the deaths of the Toronto billionaire couple, including an interview with one relative who believes "someone was making a statement" in their killings.
The documents (known as ITOs or information to obtain submissions), although heavily redacted, shed new light on the lengths investigators have taken over the last four years to catch the person or persons responsible.
That includes Toronto police going through the phone data of hundreds of people who were connected to the couple at the time, in an effort to geographically link them to a suspect identified by investigators last month who was seen on surveillance video.
The video, released on Dec. 14, shows an unknown person near the Shermans' multi-million dollar North York property during the same timeframe in which their murders took place in December of 2017.''

I can’t understand why there is only one detective working on the case, they either don’t care, or they know who did it but know the perp has more resources at his disposal to defend himself, than they have to prosecute him.

It's most definitely a cold case and resources dictate how many personnel can actively be attached to it. Without question it was a professional hit and I personally doubt that the person or persons responsible were still in Canada by the time the bodies were discovered. A break in cases such as this often come about because of something or someone unconnected to it.

It's most definitely a cold case and resources dictate how many personnel can actively be attached to it. Without question it was a professional hit and I personally doubt that the person or persons responsible were still in Canada by the time the bodies were discovered. A break in cases such as this often come about because of something or someone unconnected to it.
IMO this may not have been professional killing, but rather someone with deep personal issues with the Shermans. MOO

Do you think that a hitman would follow specific instructions regarding method of murder and how and where the bodies should be left (staged)?
Typically, afaik- a 'hit'' involves shooting someone with a gun, could the killer have been advised to strangle the couple instead, which seems like a lot more trouble and more personal, unless that was the point.
Unless there is a reason for not making the ''mess'' associated with gunshots ?
speculation, imo.

Do you think that a hitman would follow specific instructions regarding method of murder and how and where the bodies should be left (staged)?
Typically, afaik- a 'hit'' involves shooting someone with a gun, could the killer have been advised to strangle the couple instead, which seems like a lot more trouble and more personal, unless that was the point.
speculation, imo.
First and foremost the home contained 2 life sized art statues in a room near the crime scene eerily similar to the positioning of the bodies of Barry and Honey Sherman....I cannot imagine that to be a coincidence.

<Admin Note: edited to provide link to image>
from: Barry and Honey Sherman's bodies were found posed like the sculptures in their basement

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230104_134637_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230104_134637_Chrome.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 30
speculation, imo.
That's what I don't understand. It seems to me that the positioning etc. would probably have been an "onsite" decision, made without foresight or pre-planning, at the time and at the place of the killings. Certainly based on what I read, a "standard" "hit man " murder (if there is such a thing) wouldn't seem to involve detailed instructions on how the killings should be done and how the bodies should be positioned, etc. when the perps wouldn't even know their specific circumstances, including how much time they had available, where they would be in the house, the risk of someone coming to the door, etc. Its hard for me to imagine the person that hires the hit man having detailed instructions like make sure BS has his legs crossed, glasses on, suspend them by belts, etc. That is why I lean towards the killings being done by the person or persons that had some deep hatred towards the Shermans. MOO

First and foremost the home contained 2 life sized art statues in a room near the crime scene eerily similar to the positioning of the bodies of Barry and Honey Sherman....I cannot imagine that to be a coincidence.
To me, if these statues were meaningful in some significant way to the killer (or the person that paid for the killer) , the staging would have made much more of an impact if the bodies were positioned actually sitting on the credenza right next to the statues; or sitting on the couch right beside the statues. Either of those locations would have really made a statement, and would have directly indicated a link between the statues and the positioned bodies, due to their proximity. I think putting the bodies in the pool area makes it a bit more of a stretch to link the statues to the bodies themselves as they are not in the same room. MOO

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
<modsnip> the dynamics of this crime appear to indicate it was very well planned and not random in both intention and accomplishment. The bizarre placing of the bodies may be to cause confusion and focus attention on a personal motive. I have always thought that the motive may have been corporate driven with regards to Apotex's ongoing research by a competitor.

speculation, imo.
I am pretty sure that a professional (for hire) hit man would be comfortable accepting instructions regarding the ways and means of the deaths, assuming the financial compensation was commiserate with the job's complexity.

It is believed that some mafia contracts for hits, often included specific details, about locations, and methods.

To me, if these statues were meaningful in some significant way to the killer (or the person that paid for the killer) , the staging would have made much more of an impact if the bodies were positioned actually sitting on the credenza right next to the statues; or sitting on the couch right beside the statues. Either of those locations would have really made a statement, and would have directly indicated a link between the statues and the positioned bodies, due to their proximity. I think putting the bodies in the pool area makes it a bit more of a stretch to link the statues to the bodies themselves as they are not in the same room. MOO
Unless one knows what message was intended, it only speculation what the impact of the location means.

Regarding the "of a stretch to link the statues to the bodies", I think most of us saw some relationship right away. What I do not know is what the message is.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
<modsnip> the dynamics of this crime appear to indicate it was very well planned and not random in both intention and accomplishment. The bizarre placing of the bodies may be to cause confusion and focus attention on a personal motive. I have always thought that the motive may have been corporate driven with regards to Apotex's ongoing research by a competitor.
But if corporate related, why murder HS? I'm not sure I understand that part.

Unless one knows what message was intended, it only speculation what the impact of the location means.

Regarding the "of a stretch to link the statues to the bodies", I think most of us saw some relationship right away. What I do not know is what the message is.
The obvious is that both the bodies and the statues both were now lifeless.(The statues ,incidentally, were given to the Shermans in 1985 as a gift from friends 32 years prior to the homicides.) The entire matter is bizarre in many ways and hopefully there may be an arrest one day given the size of a $35 million dollar reward.

The obvious is that both the bodies and the statues both were now lifeless.(The statues ,incidentally, were given to the Shermans in 1985 as a gift from friends 32 years prior to the homicides.) The entire matter is bizarre in many ways and hopefully there may be an arrest one day given the size of a $35 million dollar reward.

Coincidentally, Jan 4 2023

''Who killed the Shermans? Part One: Death Imitates Art''

Apotex was a privately held company which was controlled by Barry Sherman and the closest person to him would most likely have been his spouse in terms of signing authority and continuation in the event of his passing.
HS and their children had zero involvement in Apotex. This was well known. There would be zero chance that HS would have been involved in an active way in continuing to run Apotex after BS was deceased. So IMO neither HS or her children would add any value to the company if Apotex was allowed to continue to operate after BS died. Either HS or the children could have allowed the operations to continue after BS death with independent management (as the children have done until it was recently sold)- so why were the children not targeted also?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member