CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered @ Home - Toronto #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
(!!!!) Thank you for the information and link.

“Sources featured in the series include Dr. Jim Cairns (former Deputy Chief Coroner, Province of Ontario), Aubrey Dan (former Pharmaceutical Executive, Novopharm), Brad Garrett (Former FBI Profiler, Crime & Terrorism), among many others.”

Garrett has talked before about the staging and what the crime says about the killer.

I’ve never found the clip, but I think he was the one who talked about the importance of finding out why Honey was killed. Someone said if you find out why Honey had to die that night it’s the key to solving the crime and identifying the killer. (Draw a venn diagram with Honey and Barry and add who would benefit in some way from both of their deaths.)

Here’s an older interview with Garrett and his analysis of the crime I found interesting:
When Honey Sherman asked to meet Aubrey Dan, son of her billionaire husband’s bitter rival, Leslie Dan, she arrived in his boardroom with a ball cap on, ready to pitch a project that would bring them together.

It was in the early 2000s. Their families had been business rivals since “the heydays of the ’80s,” Aubrey said. But when Honey arrived for lunch at his office for the midday meeting, she appealed to their common ground.

“We both come from the drug industry,” Aubrey said.

April 28 2023

Was this posted earlier? I lost track of the thread for about a month or two. Sorry if it's a repost.
Did Barry actually have another daughter?

I think dotr may have posted it earlier and some found the lady’s FB. I don’t think we heard anything further.

KD, in the trailer, makes several new points. He says that "A family member had said, "watch your back?" He later at the end says he has a theory, and he goes further to confirm he has a "belief that I know who did it". He like TPS, lack a significant link. The last domino to fall will be the financial forensic evidence.

Run with that...

I think the police have a good idea who did it but they don't have all of the evidence they need to make a conviction stick.
I think I know who did it as well....just a gut feeling and I have it narrowed down to 2 people

Someone who has seen the crime scene photos.

Bonus: Who put holes in the master bedroom walls?
I always felt it was someone in the family who was looking for Honey's will. We know that the house was under police guard until it was handed back to the family. I would hope that they would have had the doors locked and the alarm armed whenever they left.

I am assuming the daughters would have contacted every lawyer that they knew their parents dealt with to inquire if HS had a will. Also, if she had a will wouldn't it be a lawyers responsibility to step forward and say she was at least working on a will?
HS not having a will has been one of the bigger things that has always bothered me in this case. It makes no sense to me.
Plus, her sister would have been looking into this at great lengths considering she said HS was going to give her millions of dollars.
JMO

That's what I don't understand. It seems to me that the positioning etc. would probably have been an "onsite" decision, made without foresight or pre-planning, at the time and at the place of the killings. Certainly based on what I read, a "standard" "hit man " murder (if there is such a thing) wouldn't seem to involve detailed instructions on how the killings should be done and how the bodies should be positioned, etc. when the perps wouldn't even know their specific circumstances, including how much time they had available, where they would be in the house, the risk of someone coming to the door, etc. Its hard for me to imagine the person that hires the hit man having detailed instructions like make sure BS has his legs crossed, glasses on, suspend them by belts, etc. That is why I lean towards the killings being done by the person or persons that had some deep hatred towards the Shermans. MOO
“The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes.”

I am assuming the daughters would have contacted every lawyer that they knew their parents dealt with to inquire if HS had a will. Also, if she had a will wouldn't it be a lawyers responsibility to step forward and say she was at least working on a will?
HS not having a will has been one of the bigger things that has always bothered me in this case. It makes no sense to me.
Plus, her sister would have been looking into this at great lengths considering she said HS was going to give her millions of dollars.
JMO
Her sister likely wouldn't have been given any info by lawyers since the kids were the beneficiaries. The daughters may not have wanted it to surface. If they found it and it said MS was to get $300 million that would have possibly come out of their share.

As to the question of whether hitmen do staging, I did work on a case where a man hired two thugs to maim his ex-girlfriend and to do it in a very particular way (sending a message to her that she could not ignore) - and they did it.

I know this is different than an outright murder, but it makes me wonder if the message was being sent to someone else - maybe someone who participated actively in the art choices/viewings at the couple's house?

Completely guessing. JMO.

As to the question of whether hitmen do staging, I did work on a case where a man hired two thugs to maim his ex-girlfriend and to do it in a very particular way (sending a message to her that she could not ignore) - and they did it.

I know this is different than an outright murder, but it makes me wonder if the message was being sent to someone else - maybe someone who participated actively in the art choices/viewings at the couple's house?

Completely guessing. JMO.
(ETA: I don’t mean to give you a task, but your view —and anyone else’s input—is appreciated.)

I’ve read and watched just about everything to do with the staging of this crime scene and I’m still baffled. I’m not sure if you’ve seen the the crime scene illustrations, or how much you know about the case, but can you offer your opinion? (And possibly expand on your experience with hit men and staging?)

Here’s a post I made about the pool area with some patched information:

Here are some additional details:

-you mentioned art, and Honey was an art buff. She had travelled to an art show in the US just prior to the murders. Part of the show were very expensive life-size sculptures. (And of course she already had life-size sculptures in their home.)
97F62314-5802-44BB-9163-19C4C16CE2CC.jpeg

- A son-in-law said the Shermans took his family on a tour of the home and were particularly proud of the pool area. (I’m guessing that was a few years before the murders.)

-the pool hadn’t been maintained or used for years.

-Honey had always wanted a pool, and years ago when she saw her husband’s employee had one she jokingly asked why they didn’t have one. So their last house had indoor and outdoor pools. The new house they were planning to build was going to have a spectacular indoor pool with a retractable roof opening to the outdoors.

-the pool had safety rails that were possibly retrofitted. (The irony). Honey had severe arthritis, but was very active. She had a hip replacement and other surgeries, so the pool may have played a part in her rehabilitation, imo.

-the children found the life-size statues in the basement ‘creepy’ and hated them. Some make comparisons to the statues and how the Shermans where found seated.
DD6668D3-14FF-4A33-ABB4-7F2FF335EF1E.jpeg

-Honey battled ‘throat cancer’ (possibly thyroid cancer) about a year prior to the murders. She had lost her voice at one point during treatment, but regained it.

*photos from houssmax.ca real estate listing of 50 Old Colony

Last edited:
(ETA: I don’t mean to give you a task, but your view —and anyone else’s input—is appreciated.)

I’ve read and watched just about everything to do with the staging of this crime scene and I’m still baffled. I’m not sure if you’ve seen the the crime scene illustrations, or how much you know about the case, but can you offer your opinion? (And possibly expand on your experience with hit men and staging?)

Here’s a post I made about the pool area with some patched information:

Here are some additional details:

-you mentioned art, and Honey was an art buff. She had travelled to an art show in the US just prior to the murders. Part of the show were very expensive life-size sculptures. (And of course she already had life-size sculptures in their home.)
View attachment 424739

- A son-in-law said the Shermans took his family on a tour of the home and were particularly proud of the pool area. (I’m guessing that was a few years before the murders.)

-the pool hadn’t been maintained or used for years.

-Honey had always wanted a pool, and years ago when she saw her husband’s employee had one she jokingly asked why they didn’t have one. So their last house had indoor and outdoor pools. The new house they were planning to build was going to have a spectacular indoor pool with a retractable roof opening to the outdoors.

-the pool had safety rails that were possibly retrofitted. (The irony). Honey had severe arthritis, but was very active. She had a hip replacement and other surgeries, so the pool may have played a part in her rehabilitation, imo.

-the children found the life-size statues in the basement ‘creepy’ and hated them. Some make comparisons to the statues and how the Shermans where found seated.
View attachment 424738

-Honey battled ‘throat cancer’ (possibly thyroid cancer) about a year prior to the murders. She had lost her voice at one point during treatment, but regained it.

*photos from houssmax.ca real estate listing of 50 Old Colony
Wondering if HS appreciated JS's artistic side? speculation, imo.rbbm.
''Inside the garage I pass a silver Tesla, and in the centre of the workspace a beautiful wooden canoe, upside down on a stand. Sherman explains he has never built anything like this before. He shows me long, thin tongue and groove slats that he has glued, one by one, framing the elegantly shaped boat. Next he will sand the joints, and apply multiple coats of fibreglass. It is for his cottage and marina on Chandos Lake northeast of Peterborough where, as I reported some time ago, he once told his father he and Paulin wanted $150 million to buy one quarter of the cottages''

Wondering if HS appreciated JS's artistic side? speculation, imo.rbbm.
''Inside the garage I pass a silver Tesla, and in the centre of the workspace a beautiful wooden canoe, upside down on a stand. Sherman explains he has never built anything like this before. He shows me long, thin tongue and groove slats that he has glued, one by one, framing the elegantly shaped boat. Next he will sand the joints, and apply multiple coats of fibreglass. It is for his cottage and marina on Chandos Lake northeast of Peterborough where, as I reported some time ago, he once told his father he and Paulin wanted $150 million to buy one quarter of the cottages''
I didn’t think of that. I saw a photo of that canoe, it is beautiful.

Just was reading some questions to and answers by KD on his paper's website and it appears that both BS and HS were killed just before or around the time that DH (lawyer) was calling BS that night. Were they killed to stop this conversation from occurring?
Interesting point. If the killers had that level of inside information, I wonder if they had planted listening devices on Honey and Barry's phones, or in their house/cars? The Toronto Police did reveal that both Honey and Barry may have been "surveilled for a month" by the killers before their deaths. I originally thought that meant someone following them, but maybe it was more involved. It certainly looks more and more like people very close to them, like family members, or those very close to family, were involved.

Interesting point. If the killers had that level of inside information, I wonder if they had planted listening devices on Honey and Barry's phones, or in their house/cars? The Toronto Police did reveal that both Honey and Barry may have been "surveilled for a month" by the killers before their deaths. I originally thought that meant someone following them, but maybe it was more involved. It certainly looks more and more like people very close to them, like family members, or those very close to family, were involved.
If there were listening devices: What they (killers) wanted to know, must have been something about the new mansion or/and the financial plans incl. HS/BS' Last Wills, which would have been discussed between BS and HS, I think.

What else should have been important and what else would have dictated a date, when some financial transactions would have to be stopped at last minute per double murder?

The information provided below does not constitute any assertions of fact with regards to the guilt or action of anyone mentioned. It is conjecture, provided for theoretical, educational, and entertainment purposes. I assume no legal responsibility for the accuracy or correctness of any facts or claims mentioned or for any consequences of relying on any details included. Any theory of supposed action by any party is merely alleged. All narrative characterization is speculative.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The question as to the creation date of the eulogy word document was referred to as an "excellent question" as per a source with knowledge of the investigation. No further details were provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend