CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered at Home, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the links to the specific posts that cite where KD describes his theory. I wish we knew what specific evidence he has seen that makes him reach this conclusion. Not that I am a criminal genius but it seems so contrary to how I think this must have gone down. JMO

What facts or inferences do you all think he could be relying on ?
“Q: You write it would have to be someone familiar with the house, that it was personal, not professional.
A: I’ve spoken to people over the years about different types of homicide. And strangulation, that’s a very close, intimate thing. That’s different than hiring a hit man.”

KD may be basing it in part on what LE have said, imo: From a 2019 news conference, Insp. Hank Idsinga:
“When asked if he believed the murders were a “hit,” Idsinga responded, “I don’t think I’d go down that road.””

But later the police said they had “persons of interest” in the case. And when they announced the WM suspect they said he may have been working ‘in concert’ with one or more people. So, I don’t know what that means exactly.

From KD article:

When Honey came bustling in a few minutes after 5 p.m. they got down to business, discussing what type of windows and doors they should purchase for the new home. One builder later told police that the meeting was to be at Old Colony, but it was changed. The builder later told police that Honey mentioned during the meeting that Barry normally works until 11 p.m. but he was going home early that night for a reason the builder could not recall. The meeting ended with the Shermans and builders consulting calendars to book the next meeting to discuss the plans.
1685237941370.png

''They suggest the last people to see the Shermans alive were a custom home builder, architect and subcontractor who met with the couple around 5 p.m. ET on Wednesday, Dec. 13, 2017, to go over some details of the new $20 million home they planned to build. ''

"Toronto police seized this security camera image of three home builders arriving at Barry Sherman's offices at Apotex in Toronto for a meeting on Dec. 13, 2017. It was the last day the couple was seen alive. (Ontario Court of Justice)
Honey Sherman left the meeting at about 5:30 p.m. and headed home. Barry Sherman stayed at the office for a few more hours to finish some work.

At 6:21 pm, Honey Sherman used her mobile phone to make a five-minute call to a friend. It appears to be the last time family or friends heard from her.''

If the killers could get unauthorized and secret access to BS and HS emails and phone records couldnt JS do the same?
I am not very familiar with in depth computer security, but I think I have heard that if someone has access to your computer -- no special security passwords to open the browser, and they can physically access it, or send some kind of virus by email, that a key- stroke- logger can be installed that would in effect copy your every work typed, and allow the spy to see it on their computer. Other spy ware would allow them to read all your emails, both those sent to you, and those you send. Something similar could likely be applied to a smart phone. I know too from watching some crime tv shows, that something as simple as a pen can be left in a room. This "pen" is in fact a microphone, and outsiders can listen to conversations in the same room as "the pen". These days many hidden cameras and listening devices are vert small, and can be easily hidden in houses, then retrieved before a police search. I also think computers leave trails that a cyber expert can find later if software like some kind of spyware has been installed. TPS seemed to have evidence of surveillance for one month before the murders. I think anyone with a certain amount of technical knowledge could do this, including perhaps JS or the killers. Many young people, just teenagers can today carry out such activities if they have a certain level of computer sophistication. It would be interesting to know how tech savey are people in the immediate Sherman family, and others close to them who would benefit from Barry's will at the time of his death.

We do not know what made Alexandra so afraid of JS. Was it something he said, or maybe something she found out about her own computer, her husband's, or did she see something on JS's computer or phone, when he was visiting. After the murders she divorced her husband, who was friends with JS, and went on trips with him. Is there any indication she was afraid of him too? Just speculation, and IMO.

View attachment 425054

''They suggest the last people to see the Shermans alive were a custom home builder, architect and subcontractor who met with the couple around 5 p.m. ET on Wednesday, Dec. 13, 2017, to go over some details of the new $20 million home they planned to build. ''

"Toronto police seized this security camera image of three home builders arriving at Barry Sherman's offices at Apotex in Toronto for a meeting on Dec. 13, 2017. It was the last day the couple was seen alive. (Ontario Court of Justice)
Honey Sherman left the meeting at about 5:30 p.m. and headed home. Barry Sherman stayed at the office for a few more hours to finish some work.

At 6:21 pm, Honey Sherman used her mobile phone to make a five-minute call to a friend. It appears to be the last time family or friends heard from her.''
Honey went shopping after leaving Apotex, so people at the mall saw her, after the people at the meeting with the Architects. We do not know if Barry saw anyone while working late, or on the way home. Not trying to be critical, just for clarification.

Honey went shopping after leaving Apotex, so people at the mall saw her, after the people at the meeting with the Architects. We do not know if Barry saw anyone while working late, or on the way home. Not trying to be critical, just for clarification.
Well, some people saw them when they arrived home that’s for sure. Maybe even family or friends!

Why do you all think KD is so convinced that the person who instigated the murders was present when they were committed?

I am having trouble convincing myself that any one of the obvious individuals who wanted the Shermans dead would be willing or able to get their hands dirty, literally or figuratively. These types of people are clay pigeon shooters, not deer hunters. Death by strangulation is not a tidy or instantaneous event. That's why I associate it with immediate rage (DV), sexual sadism (serial killers), or professional military/security types. If a murder were highly premeditated and committed primarily for money/control, it's hard for me to imagine the affected individual committing it personally via strangulation. A hired killer, yes. Strangulation does not require acquisition of a gun, nor does it leave ballistics evidence. Could the soft-handed people in this circle of suspicion really have committed these murders personally? JMO, of course.
Someone who wants complete control, could very well have insisted on being present, even if he did not carry out the actual strangulation. IMO

ADMIN NOTE:

WS staff are not able to sit in each and every thread to see if a member happens to say something to them. Sometimes we just happen to stumble across one of such posts made days or weeks ago, and then we get folks grumbling that we didn't get back to them.

To ALL members, if you wish to get the attention of a Mod or Admin, please use the Report feature on any post to let us know whatever it is. That way when a Report comes in, whichever staff member is on at the time can deal with it and the work gets divvied up among our very small staff.

Thanks !!

Last edited:
From KD article:

When Honey came bustling in a few minutes after 5 p.m. they got down to business, discussing what type of windows and doors they should purchase for the new home. One builder later told police that the meeting was to be at Old Colony, but it was changed. The builder later told police that Honey mentioned during the meeting that Barry normally works until 11 p.m. but he was going home early that night for a reason the builder could not recall. The meeting ended with the Shermans and builders consulting calendars to book the next meeting to discuss the plans.
Just a thought: Is it possible, that HS/BS suddenly thought, their home wasn't safe for a meeting with the builders of the giant and very expensive new mansion? Is it possible, that BS was afraid, they would be bugged? Is it possible, BS felt more safe in his own office at Apotex (whether rightly or wrongly)?
IMO, the sudden change of location must have meant something, especially since the events might have started with the meeting.

From KD Article Dec 2019:

Honey left Apotex before 6:30 p.m., in her champagne-coloured Lexus SUV, and the three builders left in another vehicle. Honey “pocket dialed” one builder by mistake and he heard her “giggling for about 20 seconds” before she ended the call. While Barry stayed at work until about 8:30 p.m., Honey drove to Bayview Village shopping centre. The documents indicate she went to a CIBC branch between 7 p.m. and 8 p.m. and also to the MAC Cosmetics store inside the mall. It was not until four months after the murders that the police went to Bayview Village looking for security video. Most of the video had been overwritten but they were able to obtain footage of Honey at the CIBC branch. This part of the police documents is heavily redacted, but given that the branch would be long closed by the time Honey arrived it is possible the video police have shows Honey taking out cash from the ATM.

KD reports that BS was found wearing her casual slip on shoes, the ones she wore inside. Question is, was she wearing them while running errands? Maybe she did, even though it was snowy that night. If not, was she moving around the house casually for a bit before being attacked?

KD believes she was wearing a winter coat when she came home, but he did not see it in the photos. He doesn't say why he believes this. Perhaps from the CIBC tape?

From KD Article Dec 2019:

Honey left Apotex before 6:30 p.m., in her champagne-coloured Lexus SUV, and the three builders left in another vehicle. Honey “pocket dialed” one builder by mistake and he heard her “giggling for about 20 seconds” before she ended the call. While Barry stayed at work until about 8:30 p.m., Honey drove to Bayview Village shopping centre. The documents indicate she went to a CIBC branch between 7 p.m. and 8 p.m. and also to the MAC Cosmetics store inside the mall. It was not until four months after the murders that the police went to Bayview Village looking for security video. Most of the video had been overwritten but they were able to obtain footage of Honey at the CIBC branch. This part of the police documents is heavily redacted, but given that the branch would be long closed by the time Honey arrived it is possible the video police have shows Honey taking out cash from the ATM.
I wonder if the builder can be relied upon to tell giggles from sobs over the phone.

Just a thought: Is it possible, that HS/BS suddenly thought, their home wasn't safe for a meeting with the builders of the giant and very expensive new mansion? Is it possible, that BS was afraid, they would be bugged? Is it possible, BS felt more safe in his own office at Apotex (whether rightly or wrongly)?
IMO, the sudden change of location must have meant something, especially since the events might have started with the meeting.
Couldn't it just mean that Barry found at the last moment he couldn't get away from work?

I admit I have not kept up with the case; but with me assuming that Barry was still very much an active executive working.

I wonder if the builder can be relied upon to tell giggles from sobs over the phone.
Omg, chilling thought- but good point, although i do hope she was having the best giggle of her life!
Also wondering if HS stopped anywhere for a bite to eat considering it was around dinnertime, imo, speculation.

It sticks out because we have no evidence she was with anyone or meeting anyone. TPS spent a lot of time on her door. There had been a theory or rumor that a carjacking took place. KD reports not knowing where this rumor came from or how it was given any attention. The timing of the call is also not well established. Whether before or after the CIBC visit, for example?

It sticks out because we have no evidence she was with anyone or meeting anyone. TPS spent a lot of time on her door. There had been a theory or rumor that a carjacking took place. KD reports not knowing where this rumor came from or how it was given any attention. The timing of the call is also not well established. Whether before or after the CIBC visit, for example?
KD says he hasn’t seen the CIBC video. Although in his last Q&A he also said he would withhold info from the public if he thought doing so would help his investigation.

Interesting idea. Personally, I don’t agree. I don’t think they would feel their house is unsafe to meet with the builders when they were seemingly not taking steps to make their house or themselves safer (that we know of).

If in fact there was a scheduled call with DH on Wednesday at 9pm, and they were planning to take it together at the house, then even more reason that they did not appear to be afraid to take it at the house.

More likely Barry couldn’t/wouldn’t leave work early. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member