CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered at Home, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you mean there is a main suspect (as a known person attached to the case ) ..that I will find about during the podcasts ?
or is it merly the funny walking figure in the vid ?
also..it seems the donovan guy skirts over the higher powers thoery from what i hear ?
Listen to the podcast and make up your own mind. The story is very interesting.

It's a huge case in Canada. It's been almost 6 years but I have no doubt that it will be on Dateline, 48 hours etc. once someone is arrested. Listen to the 2 podcasts to get the best info about who the prime suspect is in the minds of most people. Crave is having a documentary based on the book on June 16 and 23, 4 episodes in total. There is a lot of info out there. I do believe there will be charges but the killer put a lot of obstacles in place and other obstacles were already there i.e. Apotex not allowing police to have a lot of Barry's emails etc. since there was private info involved. Also, the family hiring Eddie Greenspan meant any info he and his team found that the family didn't want police to know about would be considered lawyer/client privilege.

Follow the money...
Bbm Eddie Greenspan died in 2014. Imo you must mean his brother Brian Greenspan.

This has been on my mind- since it was winter and the streets are usually a sloppy mess- did the killers leave behind any snowy, sloppy wet snow or dirt in the house?? Do you think the killers took their shoes off at the door before the murders?? Or did they clean the floors prior to leaving? If so, then why not clean up Barry’s papers and Honey’s cell phone too? I know during winter here it is hard to keep the entrances clean as they sand and salt the streets and it gets tracked in the house. I am caught up on this annoying detail-
Good questions. I suspect that they were prepared enough that they would have taken boots off near the door they entered, and then left from, probably going to the back yard, as KD thinks they came and went that way. Even amateurs would not want to leave foot prints, and sock feet or gauze "booties" over socks( no sock lint left behind to incriminate them) could have been stuffed in pockets along with zip ties and whatever was used as a soft strangulation tool, into pockets. I noticed the Nightwalker was wearing a possibly oversize coat, with large pockets. I suspect they took their coats off too so they would not get too hot, and have more freedom of movement. Everything could have been left near the exit door. Zip ties could have been put into jean pockets, and a silk scarf, tied around a waist, so they would not be left behind. Sock feet would have made it harder for Honey or Barry to hear footsteps from behind . Some killers even wear a size larger shoe with an insole, so if a footprint is found it would not be their size. IMO

Good questions. I suspect that they were prepared enough that they would have taken boots off near the door they entered, and then left from, probably going to the back yard, as KD thinks they came and went that way. Even amateurs would not want to leave foot prints, and sock feet or gauze "booties" over socks( no sock lint left behind to incriminate them) could have been stuffed in pockets along with zip ties and whatever was used as a soft strangulation tool, into pockets. I noticed the Nightwalker was wearing a possibly oversize coat, with large pockets. I suspect they took their coats off too so they would not get too hot, and have more freedom of movement. Everything could have been left near the exit door. Zip ties could have been put into jean pockets, and a silk scarf, tied around a waist, so they would not be left behind. Sock feet would have made it harder for Honey or Barry to hear footsteps from behind . Some killers even wear a size larger shoe with an insole, so if a footprint is found it would not be their size. IMO
Maybe even brought a sterile ''magic carpet'' of sorts to avoid leaving footprints, speculation, imo.fwiw

''The event, part fundraiser for the soldiers and part team building, includes a gruelling 90-kilometre march through the desert to the top of Mount Masada and a challenge where the men are put on a “magic carpet” and told to turn it over without stepping on the sand. Sources present on the trip said there was a great deal of confusion — “everyone had their own idea” — until Jonathon spoke up and coolly instructed everyone on what to do. The carpet was quickly turned over, and nobody touched the sand.

“Barry was a genius and Jonathon clearly has that clever intelligence,” one source present said.''

Maybe even brought a sterile ''magic carpet'' of sorts to avoid leaving footprints, speculation, imo.fwiw

''The event, part fundraiser for the soldiers and part team building, includes a gruelling 90-kilometre march through the desert to the top of Mount Masada and a challenge where the men are put on a “magic carpet” and told to turn it over without stepping on the sand. Sources present on the trip said there was a great deal of confusion — “everyone had their own idea” — until Jonathon spoke up and coolly instructed everyone on what to do. The carpet was quickly turned over, and nobody touched the sand.

“Barry was a genius and Jonathon clearly has that clever intelligence,” one source present said.''

It bothers me to no end as to why KD keeps mentioning that JS solved the magic carpet puzzle as if it’s a stroke of genius. I did that exercise in grade school summer camp, and I was dumb enough at the time that I almost choked on a marshmallow while there. Sometimes there’s one carpet, sometimes there’s two, but the answer is obviously it takes teamwork to solve it. (You fold it over in stages and tightly move as a group.)

Maybe you’re right that he’s making a reference to it that involves the case that I’m not seeing, like an actual floor covering or carpeting used at the scene. I thought KD may have been implying the crime itself took teamwork.

It bothers me to no end as to why KD keeps mentioning that JS solved the magic carpet puzzle as if it’s a stroke of genius. I did that exercise in grade school summer camp, and I was dumb enough at the time that I almost choked on a marshmallow while there. Sometimes there’s one carpet, sometimes there’s two, but the answer is obviously it takes teamwork to solve it. (You fold it over in stages and tightly move as a group.)

Maybe you’re right that he’s making a reference to it that involves the case that I’m not seeing, like an actual floor covering or carpeting used at the scene. I thought KD may have been implying the crime itself took teamwork.
I also wondered if he was saying something more when he mentioned that in his podcast, as I also thought it was an odd thing to talk about. I feel like in a lot of cases, kids try to outsmart their smart parents, like it's a competition. Maybe that's why he talked about it.

I know who you are refering to..its pretty obvious , and tbh I just played the interview episode and I cringed all the way
a classic case of a privileged heartless Narcissist ..if he is the one or not
most intersting thing he says ( I would never hurt him ( her is seemingly collateral damage ) ( I think she wasnt supposed to be there )
I thought this was supposed to be done by a hitman
he is sure the posing similarity to the life size dolls is a coincidence
I dont know who can plan a murder in 3 weeks
just one question
why the girls have watched and are watching him ..i know one is supposed to have accused him or is fighting over the powers.. but still ..

From Ann Brocklehurst
I have reviewed Yim's sworn Order to Obtain and frankly I am more than a little surprised by the content, and some of the errors and inconsistencies it contains. For example (my comments in italics):
- page 11- 911 call came in to TPS at 11.47 am.
- Page 12- the 911 call is now reported to have come in at 12.46 pm. Which was it?
- Page 11- in another 911 call, someone named Joseph Chan, another male caller, told the police dispatcher that he was going to attend the Sherman address. Who is this person; how did he know about the deaths; and why have we never heard about this person before?
- Page 13- a Toronto Police Officer, PC Buccieri went through the house to look for other victims and did not find any other victims or any suspects. He reported that the house was "neat and orderly". So obviously all the holes in the walls that have been reported could not have been made by the killers, supposedly looking for HS Will.
- pg 23- the plant lady Claire arrived at 11:00 AM and she went to the side door of the house and the house keeper, Nelia MACATANGAY, opened the door and appeared agitated. Claire then overheard Elise STERN say, “Should we call the police?” Yet police were not called for either 45 minutes later, or 1 hour and 45 minutes later. Why?
- page 27- Honey's personal assistant, Sheila, who has worked daily with her for 2 years, states that "she has only met Honey’s son Kaelan once and another son Noah." But Kaelen is Honey's daughter; Noah is Kaelen's cousin and is the son of MS. How are errors like this allowed to go uncorrected by LE?
- page 29- JS states that HS spoke with MS "multiple times a day". Yet in her interview, on page 34, MS states that she only texted HS once on Thursday, and didn't receive a response. IMO, if they habitually spoke several times a day, why didn't MS call HS on the Thursday at all? Seems strange
- page 34- MS states she left for Florida on the Thursday, the day after the murders. So in fact she was in Toronto on the day and night of the murders. Interesting to me.

I'm sure other Sleuthers may find other issues with the contents of this document. Basic uncorrected errors do not shine a favourable light on the thoroughness of the police investigation IMO. It is worth reviewing.

Last edited:
As is customary/required: This is speculation/IMO/no one has been arrested/everyone assumed innocent/etc.

Stages of Escalation:

Patterns of escalation in desperation can occur when individuals feel increasingly driven to fulfill their desires or achieve their goals. As time passes and their efforts remain unfulfilled, the intensity of their desperation tends to grow, leading to a series of escalating behaviors and actions. These patterns can vary depending on the specific situation and the individual involved, but they often follow a similar trajectory.

Frustration and Initial Attempts:

The initial stage of desperation is characterized by feelings of frustration and discontentment. The individual recognizes their unmet needs or desires and starts making initial attempts to fulfill them. These attempts may be relatively mild or subtle, such as seeking help, making requests, or trying to find alternative solutions.

Increased Intensity and Persistence:

As their initial attempts fail to yield the desired outcome, desperation intensifies. The individual becomes more persistent in their pursuit, often investing more time, energy, and resources into their efforts. They may display heightened determination, repeatedly approaching others, or exploring different strategies to achieve their goal.

Heightened Emotional Response:

With time, the emotional response to unmet desires intensifies. The individual experiences heightened frustration, anxiety, or even anger due to the prolonged unfulfillment of their needs. This emotional turmoil can further fuel their desperation, driving them to push harder and take more significant risks to get what they want.

Escalation of Tactics:

Desperation can lead individuals to escalate their tactics in pursuit of their goals. They may resort to more assertive or aggressive behavior, breaking social norms or ethical boundaries. This escalation could involve manipulation, deception, coercion, or even illegal actions as they become increasingly focused on achieving their desired outcome.

Heightened Risk-Taking:

As desperation continues to grow, individuals may become willing to take greater risks to accomplish their goals. They may engage in high-stakes actions, disregarding potential consequences or negative repercussions. The fear of failure or the belief that their desperation justifies any means necessary can lead them to cross boundaries they wouldn't have considered before.

Extreme Measures:

In some cases, escalating desperation can drive individuals to extreme measures. These may include acts of desperation such as self-harm, threats, or even violence towards others. Desperation can cloud judgment and lead individuals to believe that extreme actions are the only way to achieve their desired outcome.

It is important to note that escalation in desperation does not always lead to the desired outcome. Instead, it can create a cycle of unfulfilled expectations and increasing desperation, potentially leading to further emotional distress or negative consequences.

Understanding and addressing patterns of escalation in desperation is crucial to prevent potential harm to oneself or others. It is essential to seek support from trusted individuals, such as friends, family, or professionals, who can provide guidance, perspective, and alternative solutions to navigate through challenging situations.

Another thing to keep in mind is KDs work on JS over time.

1. 2011: JS states he is becoming slowly suicidal over financial concerns related to BS and FD.

2. 2015: JS in an email to BS around business talks: "We have many things to discuss. But Frank will have to be one of them. My genuine goal is to understand this situation and then move on to more important matters like sucession and whether Adam and I can play some role in that."

3. 2015: According to KD, the email in 2 was right before he tries to declare BS incompentent via email to his sisters who fought back firecly against this idea.

4. JS loses some funding for a while before BS relents some time later.

5. 2017: BS aggressively pursues $50-60 million in loans for JS. This would force JS/AP to retain mortages and actual debt, something that has never happened. JS gives KD emails, tells him he will never mislead him. KD subsequently obtains emails from another source highlighting the tension between JS and BS over AP being involved 2 weeks before BS asks for the money. JK acts as a source telling KD how BS was no fan of AP. KD uncovers some of the email chain. JS and AP ask BS for $6 million for Green Storage after he had repeatedly demanded the $50-60 million. BS replies to both JS and AP asking for $6 million but BS opens email to AP. This would be the last email: "Adam, as discussed, you have to take steps immediately to obtain mortages, what will you do and when?" The intensity of BS requests are increasing over time. The fact he doesn't even comment on the $6 million ask is telling beyond words here. JS reveals to KD that BS spoke of a 2 year hold on deposits to JS. He downplays this and minimizes it as well as the other factors. According to KD JS only gets upset over the Tesla and airline ticket comments in his book, not any of the other content of the discussion.

6. 2017: Evidence surfaces suggesting that both BS and HS were in contact with lawyers, including DH, who specialize in estate and succession planning. DH has a publicly available interview where he strongly suggests planning in advance, and that a boiler plate will, or split between the kids, is not nearly enough. DH places a call to BS at 9:01 pm on 2017.12.13, the night of the murders. BS had planned to go home early that night. HS had told a close friend in late Nov she had come from updating her will and was making amendments. Speculation surfaces suggesting that HS was perhaps about to receive a large payout in a deal she had with BS. This would overlap with the months leading up to changes to their estate planning.

***KD concedes publicly he has thought a lot about JS strange comments over time. In an interview with a Toronto journalist, KD promoting the podcast says it beefs up the details from the book. He openly states he’s leading the audience in a direction and wants them to wander in that direction. KD subsequently publicly states and confirms he has a theory and a “belief” of “who did it”. The Crave documentary explicitly floats JS being involved as per the quote in the trailer from KD. They obviously are consciously pushing the theory the family are involved. It isn’t a salacious trailer of KW screaming and going off the rails. That matters.

Given the likelihood of overlap between the KD “theory” and the TPS “theory” it’s curious there isn’t more explicit conversation around what KD is actually reporting. For legal and journalistic ethics reasons he cannot publicly state his theory or who he thinks “did it”. He can however lead the audience in that direction. He isn’t going to focus on anything other than his own prized theory as he ends the podcast. I ask again, what story does KD tell? What is it, in its essence, he’s trying to convey?

There is a seduction at play here to think this was solely for money. Yea, it was financially motivated. But to cross into this sort of thing, it goes beyond money. It comes down to identity. Someone’s identity was on the chopping block, given how closely they tethered their identity to power, control, wealth, and the pursuit of these things as they saw it. Identity was what was actually threatened and in need of protection. This was about survival.

P.S.: is David Wallace’s podcast on “Blackballed” delusion?

P.P.S.: one would be remiss if the following wasn't mentioned - the best version of the BP press conference is CityNews on Youtube. There you get to hear and see the reporters. And, more importantly, the reactions.

"Here's Johnny!"

I hope this finds you well!

-----
1 - Copy.png2 - Copy.png3 - Copy.png4 - Copy.png
----------

KD talks about the $580M judgement. He says BK told him about it but that Barry had said it was really a $1B judgement. Question for the astute amount of you: What does $500M + $500M equal? Who was in line for $500M? Maybe a deal, "One more time Barry, then we are done." Did he bis loss usher in more control for HS?

"There's no earthly way of knowing
Which direction we are going
There's no knowing where we're rowing
Or which way the river's flowing
Is it raining, is it snowing?"

As is customary/required: This is speculation/IMO/no one has been arrested/everyone assumed innocent/etc.

Stages of Escalation:

Patterns of escalation in desperation can occur when individuals feel increasingly driven to fulfill their desires or achieve their goals. As time passes and their efforts remain unfulfilled, the intensity of their desperation tends to grow, leading to a series of escalating behaviors and actions. These patterns can vary depending on the specific situation and the individual involved, but they often follow a similar trajectory.

Frustration and Initial Attempts:

The initial stage of desperation is characterized by feelings of frustration and discontentment. The individual recognizes their unmet needs or desires and starts making initial attempts to fulfill them. These attempts may be relatively mild or subtle, such as seeking help, making requests, or trying to find alternative solutions.

Increased Intensity and Persistence:

As their initial attempts fail to yield the desired outcome, desperation intensifies. The individual becomes more persistent in their pursuit, often investing more time, energy, and resources into their efforts. They may display heightened determination, repeatedly approaching others, or exploring different strategies to achieve their goal.

Heightened Emotional Response:

With time, the emotional response to unmet desires intensifies. The individual experiences heightened frustration, anxiety, or even anger due to the prolonged unfulfillment of their needs. This emotional turmoil can further fuel their desperation, driving them to push harder and take more significant risks to get what they want.

Escalation of Tactics:

Desperation can lead individuals to escalate their tactics in pursuit of their goals. They may resort to more assertive or aggressive behavior, breaking social norms or ethical boundaries. This escalation could involve manipulation, deception, coercion, or even illegal actions as they become increasingly focused on achieving their desired outcome.

Heightened Risk-Taking:

As desperation continues to grow, individuals may become willing to take greater risks to accomplish their goals. They may engage in high-stakes actions, disregarding potential consequences or negative repercussions. The fear of failure or the belief that their desperation justifies any means necessary can lead them to cross boundaries they wouldn't have considered before.

Extreme Measures:

In some cases, escalating desperation can drive individuals to extreme measures. These may include acts of desperation such as self-harm, threats, or even violence towards others. Desperation can cloud judgment and lead individuals to believe that extreme actions are the only way to achieve their desired outcome.

It is important to note that escalation in desperation does not always lead to the desired outcome. Instead, it can create a cycle of unfulfilled expectations and increasing desperation, potentially leading to further emotional distress or negative consequences.

Understanding and addressing patterns of escalation in desperation is crucial to prevent potential harm to oneself or others. It is essential to seek support from trusted individuals, such as friends, family, or professionals, who can provide guidance, perspective, and alternative solutions to navigate through challenging situations.

Another thing to keep in mind is KDs work on JS over time.

1. 2011: JS states he is becoming slowly suicidal over financial concerns related to BS and FD.

2. 2015: JS in an email to BS around business talks: "We have many things to discuss. But Frank will have to be one of them. My genuine goal is to understand this situation and then move on to more important matters like sucession and whether Adam and I can play some role in that."

3. 2015: According to KD, the email in 2 was right before he tries to declare BS incompentent via email to his sisters who fought back firecly against this idea.

4. JS loses some funding for a while before BS relents some time later.

5. 2017: BS aggressively pursues $50-60 million in loans for JS. This would force JS/AP to retain mortages and actual debt, something that has never happened. JS gives KD emails, tells him he will never mislead him. KD subsequently obtains emails from another source highlighting the tension between JS and BS over AP being involved 2 weeks before BS asks for the money. JK acts as a source telling KD how BS was no fan of AP. KD uncovers some of the email chain. JS and AP ask BS for $6 million for Green Storage after he had repeatedly demanded the $50-60 million. BS replies to both JS and AP asking for $6 million but BS opens email to AP. This would be the last email: "Adam, as discussed, you have to take steps immediately to obtain mortages, what will you do and when?" The intensity of BS requests are increasing over time. The fact he doesn't even comment on the $6 million ask is telling beyond words here. JS reveals to KD that BS spoke of a 2 year hold on deposits to JS. He downplays this and minimizes it as well as the other factors. According to KD JS only gets upset over the Tesla and airline ticket comments in his book, not any of the other content of the discussion.

6. 2017: Evidence surfaces suggesting that both BS and HS were in contact with lawyers, including DH, who specialize in estate and succession planning. DH has a publicly available interview where he strongly suggests planning in advance, and that a boiler plate will, or split between the kids, is not nearly enough. DH places a call to BS at 9:01 pm on 2017.12.13, the night of the murders. BS had planned to go home early that night. HS had told a close friend in late Nov she had come from updating her will and was making amendments. Speculation surfaces suggesting that HS was perhaps about to receive a large payout in a deal she had with BS. This would overlap with the months leading up to changes to their estate planning.

***KD concedes publicly he has thought a lot about JS strange comments over time. In an interview with a Toronto journalist, KD promoting the podcast says it beefs up the details from the book. He openly states he’s leading the audience in a direction and wants them to wander in that direction. KD subsequently publicly states and confirms he has a theory and a “belief” of “who did it”. The Crave documentary explicitly floats JS being involved as per the quote in the trailer from KD. They obviously are consciously pushing the theory the family are involved. It isn’t a salacious trailer of KW screaming and going off the rails. That matters.

Given the likelihood of overlap between the KD “theory” and the TPS “theory” it’s curious there isn’t more explicit conversation around what KD is actually reporting. For legal and journalistic ethics reasons he cannot publicly state his theory or who he thinks “did it”. He can however lead the audience in that direction. He isn’t going to focus on anything other than his own prized theory as he ends the podcast. I ask again, what story does KD tell? What is it, in its essence, he’s trying to convey?

There is a seduction at play here to think this was solely for money. Yea, it was financially motivated. But to cross into this sort of thing, it goes beyond money. It comes down to identity. Someone’s identity was on the chopping block, given how closely they tethered their identity to power, control, wealth, and the pursuit of these things as they saw it. Identity was what was actually threatened and in need of protection. This was about survival.

P.S.: is David Wallace’s podcast on “Blackballed” delusion?

P.P.S.: one would be remiss if the following wasn't mentioned - the best version of the BP press conference is CityNews on Youtube. There you get to hear and see the reporters. And, more importantly, the reactions.

"Here's Johnny!"
IMO David Wallace is as you have described

Page 11- in another 911 call, someone named Joseph Chan, another male caller, told the police dispatcher that he was going to attend the Sherman address. Who is this person; how did he know about the deaths; and why have we never heard about this person before?
Honey's personal assistant, Sheila, who has worked daily with her for 2 years, states that "she has only met Honey’s son Kaelan once and another son Noah." But Kaelen is Honey's daughter; Noah is Kaelen's cousin and is the son of MS.

page 27- Honey's personal assistant, Sheila, who has worked daily with her for 2 years, states that "she has only met Honey’s son Kaelan once and another son Noah." But Kaelen is Honey's daughter; Noah is Kaelen's cousin and is the son of MS.
I noticed these two things as well and it made me think that I was the one confused. I even asked google if HS had 2 other sons.....very alarming mistakes. I wonder what other mistakes they have in official documents when they can't even get her childrens names correct or their gender...

I as well would like to know who this Joesph Chan person is. Why would he call and say he was heading over there? What could he do that police can't do? Who is he?

Could it be this Joesph Chan? I'm reaching here, but a simple google brought this lawyer from Markham On.

I have reviewed Yim's sworn Order to Obtain and frankly I am more than a little surprised by the content, and some of the errors and inconsistencies it contains. For example (my comments in italics):
- page 11- 911 call came in to TPS at 11.47 am.
- Page 12- the 911 call is now reported to have come in at 12.46 pm. Which was it?
- Page 11- in another 911 call, someone named Joseph Chan, another male caller, told the police dispatcher that he was going to attend the Sherman address. Who is this person; how did he know about the deaths; and why have we never heard about this person before?
- Page 13- a Toronto Police Officer, PC Buccieri went through the house to look for other victims and did not find any other victims or any suspects. He reported that the house was "neat and orderly". So obviously all the holes in the walls that have been reported could not have been made by the killers, supposedly looking for HS Will.
- pg 23- the plant lady Claire arrived at 11:00 AM and she went to the side door of the house and the house keeper, Nelia MACATANGAY, opened the door and appeared agitated. Claire then overheard Elise STERN say, “Should we call the police?” Yet police were not called for either 45 minutes later, or 1 hour and 45 minutes later. Why?
- page 27- Honey's personal assistant, Sheila, who has worked daily with her for 2 years, states that "she has only met Honey’s son Kaelan once and another son Noah." But Kaelen is Honey's daughter; Noah is Kaelen's cousin and is the son of MS. How are errors like this allowed to go uncorrected by LE?
- page 29- JS states that HS spoke with MS "multiple times a day". Yet in her interview, on page 34, MS states that she only texted HS once on Thursday, and didn't receive a response. IMO, if they habitually spoke several times a day, why didn't MS call HS on the Thursday at all? Seems strange
- page 34- MS states she left for Florida on the Thursday, the day after the murders. So in fact she was in Toronto on the day and night of the murders. Interesting to me.

I'm sure other Sleuthers may find other issues with the contents of this document. Basic uncorrected errors do not shine a favourable light on the thoroughness of the police investigation IMO. It is worth reviewing.
I’d have to print it off and highlight the errors and inconsistencies, but I noticed some too. (Their birth year is the same in one area, then it it’s correct in other places.)

Briefly from looking at it:

pg 22
ii 10:45 the real estate tour starts
x Claire (gardner) arrives, time not stated, volunteers to go down to check the pool room
xi Elise was calling police as Claire came upstairs, time not stated

pg 23
ii Claire (gardner) said she arrived at 11:00am

xi Elise was already calling the police as Claire returns after checking on the Shermans

pg 27
xviii confusion over identifying Kaelen as male and Noah as a son (This is repeated in other interviews not in this ITO. The police somehow thought Kaelen was male.)

Pg 28
xi- JS stated his father was often on his blackberry, checking emails, and he tended to keep it in his pocket

Pg 31
iv Alexandra described her mom, including calling her loving (that contradicts how JS later characterized their relationship when speaking to KD. He said Alex ‘despised’ their mother)

pg. 34 —(We knew later that MS was in Toronto on the night of the murders. Honey called her shortly after the meeting at Apotex and asked if she could stop by. MS said no, she wasn’t feeling well. So HS went to the mall. MS is quoted later as saying she regretted not meeting with her.)

pg 38
11a 12:42 two officers were detailed to attend a sudden death (sudden death has its own department, from my experience with them)

pg 55
20 a 11:45 am ‘echo tiered reponse’ 911 call
(so a gap between 11:00 and 11:45 am)

pg 56
j, k,: doubts by Dr. Pickup that BS’s death was a suicide

pg 62
V: monitoring the accounts after the deaths to determine if anyone other than the Shermans had access and this may display a possible motive (we learned later that MS charged a private plane and a family trip to Disney to the Shermans after the murders)

I noticed these two things as well and it made me think that I was the one confused. I even asked google if HS had 2 other sons.....very alarming mistakes. I wonder what other mistakes they have in official documents when they can't even get her childrens names correct or their gender...

I as well would like to know who this Joesph Chan person is. Why would he call and say he was heading over there? What could he do that police can't do? Who is he?
I read this more as the housekeeper getting it wrong, but you’re right - it could be the police notes.

I’d have to print it off and highlight the errors and inconsistencies, but I noticed some too. (Their birth year is the same in one area, then it it’s correct in other places.)

Briefly from looking at it:

pg 22
ii 10:45 the real estate tour starts
x Claire (gardner) arrives, time not stated, volunteers to go down to check the pool room
xi Elise was calling police as Claire came upstairs, time not stated

pg 23
ii Claire (gardner) said she arrived at 11:00am

xi Elise was already calling the police as Claire returns after checking on the Shermans

pg 27
xviii confusion over identifying Kaelen as male and Noah as a son (This is repeated in other interviews not in this ITO. The police somehow thought Kaelen was male.)

Pg 28
xi- JS stated his father was often on his blackberry, checking emails, and he tended to keep it in his pocket

Pg 31
iv Alexandra described her mom, including calling her loving (that contradicts how JS later characterized their relationship when speaking to KD. He said Alex ‘despised’ their mother)

pg. 34 —(We knew later that MS was in Toronto on the night of the murders. Honey called her shortly after the meeting at Apotex and asked if she could stop by. MS said no, she wasn’t feeling well. So HS went to the mall. MS is quoted later as saying she regretted not meeting with her.)

pg 38
11a 12:42 two officers were detailed to attend a sudden death (sudden death has its own department, from my experience with them)

pg 55
20 a 11:45 am ‘echo tiered reponse’ 911 call
(so a gap between 11:00 and 11:45 am)

pg 56
j, k,: doubts by Dr. Pickup that BS’s death was a suicide

pg 62
V: monitoring the accounts after the deaths to determine if anyone other than the Shermans had access and this may display a possible motive (we learned later that MS charged a private plane and a family trip to Disney to the Shermans after the murders)
I’ve never really thought of MS as a realistic suspect. She had too much to lose unless she was 100% sure Honey had not only bequeathed to her but had enough money in her own name to do so. Otherwise it would make more sense to murder only Barry (such that Honey inherited first).

This said, it’s interesting that we know that Honey and MS spoke about meeting the very evening of the murders. We have only MS’s word that she actually declined. Or does MS have an alibi? (MOO/speculation)

Also, there may be more calls or communications that we don’t know about — although the murderer(s) would be very stupid to coordinate that way, leaving a trail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member