CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered at Home, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we talk about this guy? I listened to 2 podcasts with him on Blackballed. I hadn't heard of him before yesterday's post. Was he really working as part of the investigative team? He was talking about things that you would expect to be confidential.

He’s being sued by a few people , including a newspaper for defamation. I followed what he was saying about the Sherman case because he and the podcaster promised proof of his claims, but if you listen, there isn’t any, imo. I expected voice or video recordings and the actual documents to be offered as proof.

This story takes you down a rabbit hole where he admits falsifying documents given to a journalist, but he also provides proof of some of his claims.

ETA: This is just my opinion and I may be wrong. It’s up to the listener or reader to reach their own conclusions.

Last edited:
He’s being sued by a few people , including a newspaper for defamation. I followed what he was saying about the Sherman case because he and the podcaster promised proof of his claims, but if you listen, there isn’t any, imo. I expected voice or video recordings and the actual documents to be offered as proof.

This story takes you down a rabbit hole where he admits falsifying documents given to a journalist, but he also provides proof of some of his claims.

ETA: This is just my opinion and I may be wrong. It’s up to the listener or reader to reach their own conclusions.
seems we have reached the same conclusion . My advice- don’t waste your time.

Last edited:
seems we have reached the same conclusion . My advice- don’t waste your time.
I'm not sure what to think. He has made some comments that should get him sued if they're not true, and by a lot of people. Part of me thinks he's an attention seeker but he goes into great, if not confusing detail about things.

what is your opinion on

( hired killer) VS ( they did it themselves or were there to watch ) ?
they enterted through ( the side door ) vs ( the window ) vs ( ambushed honey as she was entering ) ?
main motive is ( revenge ) vs (money gain or both ) ?
( both were targeted ) vs ( one was collateral damage ) ?

what is your opinion on

( hired killer) VS ( they did it themselves or were there to watch ) ?
they enterted through ( the side door ) vs ( the window ) vs ( ambushed honey as she was entering ) ?
main motive is ( revenge ) vs (money gain or both ) ?
( both were targeted ) vs ( one was collateral damage ) ?
My feeling is they were there and that they were there before Honey arrived. Money gain with a bit of revenge and they were both targeted.

I can’t figure it out except that maybe that 11:00 am arrival time for CB was an error on the ITO.

If the real estate tour started around 10:45 that means they went very fast through the first part of the home and front part of the basement, imo.

ETA: It does seem like an error in the first pages of the the ITO, and @RHR is likely correct about CB’s arrival time. Page 13:
View attachment 426891 was bothering me

The Yim document, and the TPS website both state that the call to police was made at 12.46 pm. And the YIM document also says 11.46. Either way, there is 45 mins that is unexplained, except now we know that maybe HS' cousin also showed up in the meantime? And yet he evidently wasn't there when TPS showed up on the scene?

I’ve looked at the ITO documents (thank you, ABro) and re-read a couple of KD’s articles. Detective Yim wrote the report based on the account of each first responder and witness. So if they made a mistake by indicating the wrong time, he has to quote them without correcting the error. So there are varying times of what happened depending on who is being quoted. I think this is what happened:

-the real estate tour started at 10:45

-ES said she led them through the entire home and the last area was the pool room. Real estate tours go slowly as we all know, but add on that this was a mansion with some unique design features that might have taken time to point out. One hour seems reasonable, imo.

-ES makes the discovery in the pool room and ushers everyone upstairs. As she’s doing that, CB arrives. In the ITO, two different times are given for when she arrived: 11:00 (page 23 part 9 (b) ii), and 11:30 (page 13 part 8 (c) xi) One is a mistake. 11:30 makes more sense if she arrived just as the showing was ending in the pool room, imo.

-that leaves us with about 16 minutes before the first 911 calls are made (CB’s & ES’s, then JC’s).

—KD wrote that ES called MS before she made the 911 call. MS started calling relatives in Toronto, as she was in Miami. She reached JS and HS’s, cousin JC. JC called 911 and told them he was going to 50 Old Colony.

-Toronto Fire Department arrived first (pg 11, part 8(a) i)

-11:54 primary response officers arrived at the same time as the EMTs (pg 11, part 8 (b) i)

-11:56 Toronto Fire are in the pool area and advise the police that the Shermans are ‘vital signs absent’ (pg 12, part 8 (b) iii) (from newer ITOs KD has written about, we know the EMTs went into the pool room and found signs that the Shermans had been deceased for some time, and didn’t get too close to them).

-it sounds like the first responders would have arrived before Honey’s cousin and my *guess* is the officers did not permit him to enter if in fact he went there. The activity would have drawn onlookers so he may have been asked to stand with them off the property, imo.

-there are varying times with with officers’s arrival at the scene in the ITO, but the primary response officers arrived first. Then officers of the ‘sudden death’ department arrived (I’m not sure if they call themselves that formally): Major Crime Unit, Homicide, Criminal Investigation Bureau, Forensic Ident., etc.
They’d arrive at varying times and that explains the references to officers arriving at different times after 12:00, imo.

Last edited:
how are we watching the doc since we dont have this channel ? is it on anything else

how are we watching the doc since we dont have this channel ? is it on anything else

I’m going to have to add on the channel through my iTunes account in order to watch it. (I think it’s $9 per month, iirc). I think so far it’s only available on Crave/HBO. I’m not sure about other streaming sites.

If i understand correctly, the ''new information'', apparently led to one (or more) of the ''35 individual POIs'' to be possibly connected to the potential ''stalking'' of H & BS ?
What kind of info. could possibly make one think that?
Noticing someone known to them driving by the house frequently, repeating something said that would otherwise be unknown unless a line was tapped, H or B mentioning being followed, did somebody stumble unto or pried into a computer or phone, maybe an overheard conversation, or what???
speculation, imo.

2021 rbbm
''One year into the Barry and Honey Sherman murder investigation, a bombshell: Toronto Police believed it was possible the murderer or murderers were stalking the billionaire couple a month or more before they were killed, search warrant documents reveal.
But police were struggling. A Toronto judge was repeatedly denying their request to track by cellular telephone transmission the whereabouts, at the time of the murders, of 35 individuals who were “persons of interest.”

''While this was going on, one person police had previously interviewed came forward with new information. This is described starkly in one ITO as “new information,” but the pages the Star has obtained from court are completely redacted because police say to reveal that information will harm their case.
This “new information” appears to have led police to pursue the theory that someone — or some people — were watching Honey and Barry before the murders.''

''By mid-2018, detectives already had the tracking data emitted by Barry’s BlackBerry and Honey’s iPhone. Now, by December 2018, they were still seeking permission to obtain the tracking data from as many as 35 other cellphones. Due, it appears, to the new information, police wanted to “parallel the tracking data from Bernard’s or Honey’s cellular phone records,
” police state. “If they do parallel this could indicate that Bernard and/or Honey were followed or were under surveillance,” police wrote in their application to the court''

If i understand correctly, the ''new information'', apparently led to one (or more) of the ''35 individual POIs'' to be possibly connected to the potential ''stalking'' of H & BS ?
What kind of info. could possibly make one think that?
Noticing someone known to them driving by the house frequently, repeating something said that would otherwise be unknown unless a line was tapped, H or B mentioning being followed, did somebody stumble unto or pried into a computer or phone, maybe an overheard conversation, or what???
speculation, imo.

2021 rbbm
''One year into the Barry and Honey Sherman murder investigation, a bombshell: Toronto Police believed it was possible the murderer or murderers were stalking the billionaire couple a month or more before they were killed, search warrant documents reveal.
But police were struggling. A Toronto judge was repeatedly denying their request to track by cellular telephone transmission the whereabouts, at the time of the murders, of 35 individuals who were “persons of interest.”

''While this was going on, one person police had previously interviewed came forward with new information. This is described starkly in one ITO as “new information,” but the pages the Star has obtained from court are completely redacted because police say to reveal that information will harm their case.
This “new information” appears to have led police to pursue the theory that someone — or some people — were watching Honey and Barry before the murders.''

''By mid-2018, detectives already had the tracking data emitted by Barry’s BlackBerry and Honey’s iPhone. Now, by December 2018, they were still seeking permission to obtain the tracking data from as many as 35 other cellphones. Due, it appears, to the new information, police wanted to “parallel the tracking data from Bernard’s or Honey’s cellular phone records,
” police state. “If they do parallel this could indicate that Bernard and/or Honey were followed or were under surveillance,” police wrote in their application to the court''

I have the same questions, but I’d also like to know if the stalking behaviour continued after the murders.

I just remembered the video from a surveillance camera in the pool room, that allegedly shows a person looking like BS approaching and darkening the camera lens at the time of the murder.
Do we know more to it meanwhile? Who did see it, from whom did we get this info actually?

thought I heard there were no cctv in the pool area or is not working ?
also stalking alone wouldnt have given anyone the personal schedule details or the ways to enter the house ..right!
is it possible to know these details without a insider source ?

I just remembered the video from a surveillance camera in the pool room, that allegedly shows a person looking like BS approaching and darkening the camera lens at the time of the murder.
Do we know more to it meanwhile? Who did see it, from whom did we get this info actually?
I have always wondered that too. Was this ever confirmed to be accurate because they also say there wasn't a working camera down there. I wonder which is true? The man covering the camera or was there NO Working camera?

If there was a person covering the camera I think the NW could be mistaken as BS.

I have always wondered that too. Was this ever confirmed to be accurate because they also say there wasn't a working camera down there. I wonder which is true? The man covering the camera or was there NO Working camera?

If there was a person covering the camera I think the NW could be mistaken as BS.
KW referenced a video in this post..in thread #10 rbbm.

''Although the murder for hire pricked everyone’s ears...the only reason l participated on The Fifth Estate was to discard the notion/belief that my cousin had a wonderful, tender loving relationship with Honey and a closely knit family. At the time of the filming, the theory was M/S. I told the producer Ronna Syed that what she was hearing from family/friends in the Jewish community that Barry adored Honey and wouldn’t harm a hair on her head was inaccurate.
I simply told her that Barry had a terrible temper, which l had witnessed several times and had a fair amount of disdain towards Honey. That she wasn’t a nice person and an unfit mother with a terrible/estranged relationship with her 3 daughters for yrs. Ronna told me she was waiting on an audio tape of Barry killing Honey. Also, a vdo tape of a man covering his face moving a cctv camera at Old Colony, who looked a LOT like Barry!!!!
Could Barry and Honey’s marriage have improved over the last 10 years. Yes....l believe very doubtful, because of people l’ve spoken to. Honey was a rough person, lacking social grace and to be perfectly frank, RUDE. Anyone and everyone knows this. She continually pushed Barry’s buttons.
*** I wasn’t 100% sure Barry killed Honey then hung himself until my 4 hour interrogation/interview/q+a with Detective Price and my coffee shop get together with Tom Klatt. They’re both very bad poker players and both confirmed what l know to be true. Both Brandon and Tom wanted to know:
1. How l knew so much.
2. The name of the retired homicide detective who spoke about the M/S.
3. And more, including the computerized alarm system which monitored all windows and doors at 50. That Honey was dead/killed somewhere else in the house.. her body moved to the basement pool and hung. She was dead 6-9 hours before Barry. Nobody came/left the house except Honey and Barry.
4. I was questioned by the TPS 5 months after Dec 15th....and NEVER questioned as a suspect! Only mission: find out what l know.
When l left 31 division at 1:00am., the last thing l said to Price as he gave me back my iPhone,”do the right thing. Go back to your original theory of murder/suicide and tell the good people of Toronto the truth”.

does anyone beileve anything this unhinged cousin says !
you say BS didnt beileve in any security or cctv..and then we hear the pool area was chosen cause nothing security was working ..

Thanks Dotr, is there any records of this reported by KD or in the police reports?
KW has said many things over the years, some were accurate and eventually were reported on, others not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge