CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered at Home, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.

"With two children by surrogacy (Barry funded the process in late 2017, paying $329,286 to a U.S. company on Jonathon and Mercure’s behalf)"

I don't think they were pregnant before the murders just because of how he spoke at the funeral...I could be wrong.
In Jonathan"s tribute at the funeral he was quoted as saying:
"Most recently, you have been helping my husband Fred and me to build our family through the long and expensive path of surrogacy. It annoyed me how often you would ask me for an update, but I know it’s because you were so excited."

Last edited:

"With two children by surrogacy (Barry funded the process in late 2017, paying $329,286 to a U.S. company on Jonathon and Mercure’s behalf)"

I don't think they were pregnant before the murders just because of how he spoke at the funeral...I could be wrong.
"Most recently, you have been helping my husband Fred and me to build our family through the long and expensive path of surrogacy. It annoyed me how often you would ask me for an update, but I know it’s because you were so excited."

That strikes me now as so odd because we now know BS paid a fortune for the surrogacy days before he died. (JS asked BS to pay the surrogacy lawyer on the day BS died, and it was the first thing he did when he got to the office.)

There was a lot of negativity/ criticism of his parents in his eulogy. MOO.

There was a lot of negativity/ criticism of his parents in his eulogy. MOO.
That entire eulogy was the strangest I've ever seen. For anyone wanting to watch it, I believe I found it on City TV's facebook page several weeks ago. It felt like both JS and MS were trying to drive points home that would favour them afterward and both. I don't doubt MS' grief at all but she was expecting a big chunk of money from her sister that suddenly went up in smoke. Telling everyone that Honey made her skate on a broken leg wasn't endearing. JS immediately swore then took a shot at the media, then made passive aggressive insults about his parents. His whole time up there looked like a performance where he was the star of the show.

If you have nothing good to say about people who died, you shouldn't speak at their eulogy. If you do speak, prepare like crazy to make it about positive things.

MOO

wasnt he estranged ? recivieing money and help and not giving back anything ?
a narcissistic traits ( feeling entitled and important to have everything ) with lack of empathy in return
He wasn't estranged, he and AP were given free space at Apotex, he was constantly given money by his father. When BS told him he needed 50 to 60 million within weeks, not only did JS admit to doing nothing about it, he asked for money for the surrogacy and then AP asked for a few more million.

That entire eulogy was the strangest I've ever seen. For anyone wanting to watch it, I believe I found it on City TV's facebook page several weeks ago. It felt like both JS and MS were trying to drive points home that would favour them afterward and both. I don't doubt MS' grief at all but she was expecting a big chunk of money from her sister that suddenly went up in smoke. Telling everyone that Honey made her skate on a broken leg wasn't endearing. JS immediately swore then took a shot at the media, then made passive aggressive insults about his parents. His whole time up there looked like a performance where he was the star of the show.

If you have nothing good to say about people who died, you shouldn't speak at their eulogy. If you do speak, prepare like crazy to make it about positive things.

MOO

He wasn't estranged, he and AP were given free space at Apotex, he was constantly given money by his father. When BS told him he needed 50 to 60 million within weeks, not only did JS admit to doing nothing about it, he asked for money for the surrogacy and then AP asked for a few more million.
the media calls him estranged .. what I meant is that he admitted having no normal relationship with them..not visiting and so on
is there any evidence that honey new will was made ? and that it was stolen ?

the media calls him estranged .. what I meant is that he admitted having no normal relationship with them..not visiting and so on
I don't recall the media ever saying he was estranged from his family. Since the murders, yes he is estranged from many people including his sister and Aunt and some of BS closest friends.

He was in constant contact with his father and seen him on a regular basis via meetings, emails etc. He held an office just down the hall from his father.

"Normal relationship" what do you and the media call normal? IMO nothing is normal when you are dealing with billionaires! They jet set all over the world like we drive 100 kms to go on a staycation lol...They surround themselves with wealth, and power.
I think their relationship was normal in their minds. They were not estranged when they were alive, they had their disputes like many other families but they were in constant communication and even got together on Hanukah and special occasions. JMO

if they did have dna , wouldnt they have run it through codis or the genealogy thing by now ?
i beileve the killer/s have been completly covered and most possibly didnt leave that kind of evidence
but u never know
If unidentified DNA was left at the scene.
Codis and the Canadian equivalent mainly only covers a small part of the world. If the DNA belonged to someone who never had a DNA sample taken, or lives in a country that does not record samples or maintain a DNA database it would be impossible to match, until they get the actual DNA of The Night Walker.

o_O

Watch carefully...
Can you please be specific—watch what carefully? It’s a long memorial with many speakers, singers and over 5000 attendees.

Can you please be specific—watch what carefully? It’s a long memorial with many speakers, singers and over 5000 attendees.
Compare and contrast the family eulogies...

Someone comments on how little time he had to craft a eulogy: "I haven't had much time to compose my thoughts"...

MS comments on how dazed she was, how disorganized her thoughts were...

Who had ample time to compose lots of thoughts in the 2 week period prior to the murder?

Last edited:
Wondering if JS is going ahead with this idea now or not (premium” hockey rink) could the desired location for such a facility be in the east end of Toronto, could it be built on repurposed G.Storage property?
speculation, imo.
''Jonathon and one of his business partners, Jonathan Tkatch, had to build a “premium” hockey rink. (Jonathon Sherman and Tkatch have a mortgage company called Harlo Financial, set up just before the murders. Jonathon said in an interview he and partner Adam Paulin “had some cash sitting around for projects.”)

According to emails between Jonathon and Tkatch in April 2019, Jonathon said the hockey rink idea was a plan to build a “premium facility with additional features like training gyms and rehab in order to attract the premium customers to use the facility during the ‘downtime’ (like summer when the leagues are off).” Under the plan, Tkatch wrote, a new Sherman charity would be created to own the rink and Jonathon would have “long-term oversight of the facility.”

Wondering if JS is going ahead with this idea now or not (premium” hockey rink) could the desired location for such a facility be in the east end of Toronto, could it be built on repurposed G.Storage property?
speculation, imo.
''Jonathon and one of his business partners, Jonathan Tkatch, had to build a “premium” hockey rink. (Jonathon Sherman and Tkatch have a mortgage company called Harlo Financial, set up just before the murders. Jonathon said in an interview he and partner Adam Paulin “had some cash sitting around for projects.”)

According to emails between Jonathon and Tkatch in April 2019, Jonathon said the hockey rink idea was a plan to build a “premium facility with additional features like training gyms and rehab in order to attract the premium customers to use the facility during the ‘downtime’ (like summer when the leagues are off).” Under the plan, Tkatch wrote, a new Sherman charity would be created to own the rink and Jonathon would have “long-term oversight of the facility.”

I never understood why he went into the storage business. If you were given hundreds of millions and your choice of any business you wanted to create, why buy existing boring storage facilities? The land as you suggested makes more sense. And he really wants that premium hockey facility. That would make a great club for the heirs of fortunes. They could then hang around hockey greats, and buy the Ottawa Senators to tie it all together.

Thread is open again after removal of numerous violations of Websleuths TOS.

All members need to familiarize themselves with Websleuths TOS (aka The Rules).

Compare and contrast the family eulogies...

Someone comments on how little time he had to craft a eulogy: "I haven't had much time to compose my thoughts"...

MS comments on how dazed she was, how disorganized her thoughts were...

Who had ample time to compose lots of thoughts in the 2 week period prior to the murder?

We have no proof yet of when JS wrote his eulogy, and you seem to be implying that it was prior to the murders. Can you please link the source? I’ve never heard that information.

I don't recall the media ever saying he was estranged from his family. Since the murders, yes he is estranged from many people including his sister and Aunt and some of BS closest friends.

He was in constant contact with his father and seen him on a regular basis via meetings, emails etc. He held an office just down the hall from his father.

"Normal relationship" what do you and the media call normal? IMO nothing is normal when you are dealing with billionaires! They jet set all over the world like we drive 100 kms to go on a staycation lol...They surround themselves with wealth, and power.
I think their relationship was normal in their minds. They were not estranged when they were alive, they had their disputes like many other families but they were in constant communication and even got together on Hanukah and special occasions. JMO
I def read one article that said estranged
also..if I am not wrong the son says in those last emails to his dad ( we havent sat together in years ) ?
how do you compare this cold exchange of emails regarding money to the relationship with the daughter who had a new baby..who was in constant contact with them and sending baby pictures ?
I guess no body can have the big family picture anyway.. cause everybody can lie ..but you can guess at the smaller pieces put together

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members