CANADA Canada - Bowmanville, Ont, Black/S. AsianFem 18-30, 90UFON, near freeway, Oct'06

Sheryl Sheppard might be a match to this UID. Imo, she bears a strong resemblance to this UID's composites and description. I found a fairly clear picture of her that shows pretty good detail. It's a full shot of a cropped pic on Doe. I've linked it below. I am especially drawn in to her lips, front teeth, eye brows, and that ring.

:oops: I'll admit I did not read through :eek: all of the previous posts so if she's been mentioned and/or eliminated as a possibility already please disregard. :)

2337DFON - Sheryl Marie Sheppard

Opinion | A mother’s lingering grief: ‘I’m sure someone knows something’

Sheryl Sheppard — The Missed Lives Project

90ufon10.jpg
SHEPPARD___Super_Portrait.jpg
90UFON13.jpg

9dede0ae4c218637773d73528a9c_Content.jpeg
90ufon12.jpg

I called Sheryl a couple of years ago and she wasn't a match, but I agree she looks very similar.

It would be interesting to know if this UID is a rule-out or not for the Allenstown 'middle child'. They share 3 similarities -

An overbite, possible native indian heritage and possible anemia. No one has definitively said the native heritage and anemia are a definite in either case, but both are thought to have these traits.

Hoping someone has forwarded this woman as a possibility to Allentown authorities - Idk how to go about that and I do not trust Canadian authorities to do it automatically given their track record on missing and unidentified remains. It's not that good imo.

Basically I just recieved an email stating that DNA is really backlogged and moving slowly through the NCMPUR. He asked me to contact him again in three months time.

Sucks waiting, but maybe it's a good sign that Bowmanville Jane Doe could get her name back. Who knows, I'll keep trying tho.

Basically I just recieved an email stating that DNA is really backlogged and moving slowly through the NCMPUR. He asked me to contact him again in three months time.

Sucks waiting, but maybe it's a good sign that Bowmanville Jane Doe could get her name back. Who knows, I'll keep trying tho.

Have you received an update on this?

Have you received an update on this?

"Hi Jessica,

So the update is that the NCMPUR was not satisfied with the level of service they were getting from sending certain types of DNA cases out for processing. So they are holding onto all the cases while they get certified. I don’t think they will even be doing any comparisons until the fall for the case.

If it helps, the anthropologist for Ontario doesn’t think it is a match and I checked with her old boyfriend and he didn’t recognize any of the jewelry. That being said, I still think it is worth a shot."

So the anthropologist doesn't think its Annmarie, but there is no DNA evidence to rule that out. However, I dont think it's her, so on to the next. Sorry guys.

"Hi Jessica,

So the update is that the NCMPUR was not satisfied with the level of service they were getting from sending certain types of DNA cases out for processing. So they are holding onto all the cases while they get certified. I don’t think they will even be doing any comparisons until the fall for the case.

If it helps, the anthropologist for Ontario doesn’t think it is a match and I checked with her old boyfriend and he didn’t recognize any of the jewelry. That being said, I still think it is worth a shot."

So the anthropologist doesn't think its Annmarie, but there is no DNA evidence to rule that out. However, I dont think it's her, so on to the next. Sorry guys.

Thanks so much for the update!

Have not read all 14 pages yet, but a watch sized for a small frame, and a large ring plus ribbon made me think of something we sometimes did as kids in the 70s/80s and that was to "resize" rings by winding ribbon or string around the band to make them fit.

If the UID was on the younger end of the age range, might have been something they would have done with a ring they were given, or picked up second hand.

Here are Dale's photos

Attachments

• 727303FF-4EAA-4B8E-B12A-69BD4592E65A.jpeg
    727303FF-4EAA-4B8E-B12A-69BD4592E65A.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 8DB9D6C8-AD36-4E8A-939B-31FBF3651DF4.jpeg
    8DB9D6C8-AD36-4E8A-939B-31FBF3651DF4.jpeg
    135.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 90ufon12.jpg
    90ufon12.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 18
  • D788F9A4-595B-419C-B8CE-7045AF9F9E0F.jpeg
    D788F9A4-595B-419C-B8CE-7045AF9F9E0F.jpeg
    99.7 KB · Views: 14
Update: the investigator asked me to email him after three months, but I now have sent two emails out with no reply back. Not even a no. Very frustrating.
You mentioned in the post previous to this one that you got confirmation Sheryl Sheppard wasn't a match. So which query is this post about re the two emails sent? Thanks.

Have we looked at Dale Nancy Wyman??
Nancy went missing in 1980, and she also has a larger frame which would result in larger ring size. Nancy was known to wear multiple rings. She lived in Montreal/Thunder bay, and was known to hitchhike and use buses etc. The unidentified was found near a truck stop that heads towards Montreal; although, it is 2 hours or more away.

Dale Nancy Wyman has been missing for over 40 years – sketches of what she may look like now are available
Certainly a possibility. I have to admit I do find it difficult to make comparisons with sketches. Hopefully this case will soon find a resolution via DNA efforts, sounds very hopeful!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back