CANADA Canada - Bowmanville, Ont, Black/S. AsianFem 18-30, 90UFON, near freeway, Oct'06

Somebody, somewhere must recognize that ring. How to get publicity on it at this point?

attachment.php

Jessica - good for you for asking if the remains are in fact from a female. Such a mistake has been made in Ontario before so I take the OPP response with a grain of salt.

I don't have a link handy but within the last year have read of a case where remains with few bones were found in northern Ontario and labelled as female, but 10 years or so later were found to be male.

The man was enroute from his home in the Kitchener area and had to be hospitalized - his family visited him in the hospital. Upon release he went missing and his disappearance was not linked to the remains found until someone decided to double check the 'facts'.

I like your possible match - good eye.

Jessica - good for you for asking if the remains are in fact from a female. Such a mistake has been made in Ontario before so I take the OPP response with a grain of salt.

I don't have a link handy but within the last year have read of a case where remains with few bones were found in northern Ontario and labelled as female, but 10 years or so later were found to be male.

The man was enroute from his home in the Kitchener area and had to be hospitalized - his family visited him in the hospital. Upon release he went missing and his disappearance was not linked to the remains found until someone decided to double check the 'facts'.

I like your possible match - good eye.

All they replied with is "Hi Jessica,

Thank you for your email. We appreciate your interest in the case. And yes, the remains are definitely female. "

But thank you for the comment :seeya:

I forgot to mention earlier that there is some sort of construction going on. They have a police cruiser sitting in the site facing Holt Rd.

I really hope they are going to find something important to the case and that's why the police are there. I have seen security patrol construction sites but i have never seen police patrol them. This officer was just sitting there watching everyone drive by, he couldn't even chase you for speeding if he wanted to because there was a barrier in front of his car. Fingers crossed they come across another clue :)

*I've included a picture*

Red Dot = Police/ construction
Green Dot= Approx. Body location.

Attachments

• Construction.bmp
    645.7 KB · Views: 37

I'm so glad someone else brought this up :)

awhile ago I was trying to figure out if they were in anyway similar, I came up with some ideas.

-All three were female (Although I potentially have doubts about the Bowmanville women)

-All three were killed in the Durham region
-All three were killed around the time both nuclear plants were being made

Lee Kirk and Catherine Potter killed in 1971, Pickering nuclear plant built in 1966-1986

Unidentified killed from 1979-2002 (Although clothing indicates 80's-mid 90's)
Darlington nuclear plant built 1981-1993 (after 1993 more additions were being made until 1997)

-Both were killed and placed outside near traveled areas.
- Both are near or on gravel pits (Lee kirk and Catherine Potter found in an abandoned gravel pit)

Unidentified found 6 minutes away from a gravel pit *Still in use*

Cons:

-Lee and Catherine are younger then the Unidentified

- There is about a 10-20 year difference of when the killings happened (And if grey hairs were found with Lee and Catherine how old would this person be in the 80's and 90's)

- Lee and Catherine were found on a gravel pit and away from the nuclear plant, where as the unidentified was found near the power plant and away from the gravel pit.

Also I promise to stop posting so much in here as I'm probably bothering you all lol

Keep posting, Jessica, those are interesting observations.

This case bothers me, because of so much info, like the ring, shirt etc.

How can we get this publicized at this point?

I know that there was publicity at the time that forensic reconstruction artist did their remodel of the victim.

I just wish we could get that ring seen.

The unusual ring size is a clue, too.

If Jane Doe's body has never been found, only her head, what could that mean? Especially since the ring, shirt, heart and ribbon were found. Could animals have dispersed the rest of her remains?

More than likely, if she is small-framed with slender fingers and weighs under 120 pounds, her finger size could range from a 4 to a 5. If she is larger-framed with thicker fingers and weighs over 150, a good guess may be in the 7-9 range. You will have to use your own judgment, but using these guidelines could be helpful to you in making an educated guess.

The average ring size for a man, by the way, is a 10, so if you are an average-size man (average medium frame being 5’10″ with a weight of 180 pounds) with average-size hands, you may be able to use your own hand for comparison. If her hands are a lot smaller than yours, she may very well wear a size 4-5 on her ring finger

http://danforthdiamond.wordpress.com/2005/12/16/guessing-your-girlfriends-ring-size/

The unusual ring size is a clue, too.

If Jane Doe's body has never been found, only her head, what could that mean? Especially since the ring, shirt, heart and ribbon were found. Could animals have dispersed the rest of her remains?

I have always wondered if they checked ALL of the areas. There are multiple forested areas and farm land around. There is I believe 1 or 2 farm houses? . There is a wild life conservation right near the remains and I'm wondering if some animals have taken pieces of the body.

The body was found near Dogwood plants which feed Fox's, Raccoons, crows and various birds. There is a huge chance there are scattered remains, the only problem is the remains could be located inside the power plant perimeter and who knows if they have checked through there, and who knows what remains (If any left) could be found in dens and in trees from birds.,

I also find it odd that a very thin shirt and a piece of ribbon can survive the elements, but where are her shoes ? or socks? or underwear?? I know a piece of track pant was found but why is there no picture of them? is there blood on them?

Love that Article!

1st off
Four years ago we never found any artifacts that piqued our suspicions because it looked like the body had been dumped without clothing. Now we have found clothing and we’ve expanded our search,”

Why was there no suspicions because the body was naked, if anything that would disturb me more.

#2 Could the killer have gone back to taunt the police and placed her items? I know the field was boggy but if you can find a skull, cant you find a striped shirt.?

Heide Dawn Wilbur really reminds me of the new drawing done by Diana Trepkov, but does not match up with the older reconstructions.

This is what frustrates me with this case is that the new and old re-constructions of the victims face do not look similar. IMHO.

Attachments

• Unidentified...Heide.bmp
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
Reconstruction drawings seem to be subjective and they do change depending on who the artist is - not sure if it's due to a non-exact science for facial reconstruction or poor training.

I would appreciate hearing from someone who knows this subject and why drawings change.

Heide Dawn Wilbur really reminds me of the new drawing done by Diana Trepkov, but does not match up with the older reconstructions.

This is what frustrates me with this case is that the new and old re-constructions of the victims face do not look similar. IMHO.

This girl looks very much like our iud..now to look up Dawn Wilbur...

A= Body Location

B= Heide Dawn Wilbur last seen

Attachments

• Vermont..bmp
    685.6 KB · Views: 36

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads