Canada- Boy, 12, arrested in four Toronto sex assaults on walking trails in the city’s east end, July 2022

dotr

Reaction score
July 27 2022
''Toronto police say they believe the same teenage boy is responsible for four recent sexual assaults on walking trails in the city’s east end.

Police issued a public safety alert Wednesday following the most recent incident, which occurred on July 23, along the East Don Valley Trail near Wynford Heights Crescent.

In this case, investigators said a 52-year-old woman was walking along the trail when a teenage boy riding a bicycle approached her from behind and sexually assaulted her. The suspect then rode away in an unknown direction.

A day earlier, on July 22, between 2 and 4 p.m., a 54-year-old woman was walking on the same trail, between Wynford Drive and Sloane Avenue, when she was attacked.

According to police, an unknown male began talking to a woman and asked her for water before allegedly sexually assaulting her.

The suspect then got back on his bike and cycled away, police said.

On July 8, around 5 p.m., another similar sexual assault happened on the Gatineau Hydro Corridor Trail, just east of Birchmount Road.

Investigators said in this case a woman was riding a bicycle on the trail between Birchmount and Kennedy roads when a teenage boy allegedly followed and stopped her. He then allegedly asked to show the woman the "11 fingers Tik Tok trick" before sexually assaulting her.''

rbbm.
''41 Division
Case #: 2022-1431615

July 27, 2022
The Toronto Police Service is alerting the public to another sexual assault on a walking trail in the city's east end. Investigators are requesting the public's assistance in identifying a teenage boy that is alleged to have carried out these assaults.
As previously released:
On Thursday, July 7, 2022, at approximately 5:50 p.m., officers responded to a call for an Sexual Assault at the Gatineau Hydro Corridor Trail, just west of Birchmount Road.
It is reported that:
  • a woman was running eastbound on Gatineau Hydro Corridor Trail between Crockford Boulevard and Birchmount Road
  • an unknown teenage boy blocked her way with his bike
  • the teenage boy then sexually assaulted the woman
On Friday, July 8, 2022, at approximately 4:59 p.m., officers responded to a second call for a Sexual Assault at the Gatineau Hydro Corridor Trail, just east of Birchmount Rd.
It is reported that:
  • a woman was riding a bicycle on Gatineau Hydro Corridor Trail between Birchmount Road and Kennedy Road
  • a teenage boy followed and stopped the woman asking to show her an "11 fingers Tik Tok trick"
  • the boy then sexually assaulted the woman
See previous release.

As previously released:
On Saturday, July 23, 2022, police attended a Sexual Assault call in the East Don Valley Trail and Wynford Heights Crescent area.
It has been reported that:
  • a 52-year-old woman was walking along the East Don River Trail near Wynford Heights Crescent
  • a teenage boy who was riding his bicycle approached her from behind and sexually assaulted her
  • he rode away in an unknown direction
See previous release.

On Friday, July 22, 2022, between 2 p.m. and 4 p.m., it was reported that:
  • a 54-year-old woman was walking on the East Don Valley Trail between Wynford Drive and Sloane Avenue
  • an unknown male began talking to her, and asked for water
  • he then sexually assaulted her
  • he got back on his bike and cycled away
UPDATED DESCRIPTION: The suspect in these assaults is described as a teenage boy, about 5'5", thin build with short brown or light blond hair. He was wearing a red t-shirt, black shorts, distinctive brown camoflauge-like design backpack and riding a dark mountain bike.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-4100 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), or at www.222tips.com.

ETA.
RBBM regarding pics available only until Aug 8 2022

Unit:

41 Division
Case #: 2022-1431615

August 4, 2022, 12:25 PM
The Toronto Police Service requests the public's assistance in identifying a Young Person wanted in a sexual assault investigation.
On Saturday, July 9, 2022, and Wednesday, July 27, 2022, the Toronto Police Service issued public safety alerts for reported sexual assaults that took place on walking trails in the City.
See previous release
See previous release
Police have been granted judicial authorization to release the photos of an unknown Young Person wanted in connection with the sexual assault investigations.
The judicial authorization will expire on Monday, August 8, 2022, at 12 p.m. The photograph can no longer be published/broadcast at that time under the provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
The suspect in these assaults is described as a teenage boy, about 5'5", thin build with short brown or light blond hair. He was wearing a red t-shirt, black shorts, distinctive brown camoflauge-like design backpack and riding a dark mountain bike
. Images have been released.''

Last edited by a moderator:
To me this reeks of a child with known issues that are being swept under the rug. I'd imagine he has a history of sexual violence and violence in general at home and at school yet is still allowed to roam freely. Hopefully that will change for a significant time period when he is caught.

To me this reeks of a child with known issues that are being swept under the rug. I'd imagine he has a history of sexual violence and violence in general at home and at school yet is still allowed to roam freely. Hopefully that will change for a significant time period when he is caught.

These kind of behaviors tend to escalate by getting more and more violent, so better LE catches him before he progresses to murder.

Did it really take until the 4th assault for the public to be notified about this?

I feel for the victims and hope they are receiving the support they deserve.

I hope priority will be given to protecting society and to justice for these four women when he is arrested.

This is crazy! He seems so young to be so bold! I would think that he is very recognizable though!!

What does it mean?
It means that photos released of the suspect can no longer be shown because presumably he is underage.
LE had a special warrant or something that allowed them to display his photo but only for a limited time. The time is now up, but i hope they get that little creep before he continues on his ways, imo, speculation

Maybe someone, another student or a teacher, will call in a tip after recognizing his backpack, maybe in conjunction with something he said or did in the past that the tipster realizes now is a red flag.

I see teenagers with camouflage backpacks sometimes; they aren't rare. But they aren't as popular as black or other dark colors, JMO.

He needs to be caught.

Sept 9 2022 rbbm.
''A teenager being sought in connection with a string of sexual assaults in the city earlier this summer has allegedly sexually assaulted another woman, police say.

It happened in the area of Birchmount Road and St. Clair Avenue East on Tuesday afternoon.

Toronto police said a woman was seated at a park bench when she was approached by a boy riding a bicycle.

The boy engaged the woman in a conversation and then allegedly sexually assaulted her.

Police said the boy fled on his bike and was last seen heading toward the Birchmount Road and St. Clair Avenue East intersection.

The boy is described as five-foot-four with a slim build, short brown hair, and one front tooth shorter than the other. He was wearing a red t-shirt and black shorts.

"Investigators believe this is the same suspect from a previous sexual assault alert," police said in a news release on Friday.

Officers have been looking for a teenage boy who they believe is responsible for four sexual assaults on Scarborough trails in July.''

The boy is described as five-foot-four with a slim build, short brown hair, and one front tooth shorter than the other. He was wearing a red t-shirt and black shorts.

"Investigators believe this is the same suspect from a previous sexual assault alert," police said in a news release on Friday.

Officers have been looking for a teenage boy who they believe is responsible for four sexual assaults on Scarborough trails in July.''

I think they should consider that he might be not a teen, just short young adult. And better catch him before he becomes another Bernardo.

Could this actually not even be a teenager but a young-looking adult? Because this is just insane. He needs to be found and punished. Someone has to know who it is.
I've thought of this, however I think because he has had interaction with people they might have an idea of how he presents. I know even small people can be viewed, from afar, younger.
I am guessing someone that is doing virtual learning, or even not going to school at all.

I've thought of this, however I think because he has had interaction with people they might have an idea of how he presents. I know even small people can be viewed, from afar, younger.
I am guessing someone that is doing virtual learning, or even not going to school at all.

It's not always easy to tell the difference between young adult and someone in their late teens. Even from close up. Paul Bernardo started to rape in 1987, when he was 23 and on the composite released in 1990 the age range of the Scarborough rapist is estimated to be 18-22. So yeah, there is a distinct possibility this dude is older than he looks.

MORE details about individual attacks at link..
Oct 5 2022

''Public Safety Alert,​

Boy on a Bicycle Wanted in Series of Sexual Assaults​

Update, Judicial Authorization obtained to release images of unknown young person​

32 Division

41 Division

'Case #: 2022-1732662
The Toronto Police Service is seeking the public's assistance identifying a boy wanted for a series of sexual assaults.
Judicial Authorization has been obtained to re-release images and release a composite sketch of the boy now wanted in a series of six reported sexual assaults.
The Judicial Authorization will expire on Monday, October 10, 2022, at noon, or until the apprehension of the young person, which ever occurrs first. At that time, the images can no longer be published/broadcast under the provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act.

See excerpt of news release for case number 2022-1301951 dated Saturday, July 9, 2022:
The Toronto Police Service is alerting the public to two sexual assaults less than 24 hours apart.
Investigators are requesting the public's assistance in identifying a teenage boy that is alleged to have carried out both assaults.
On Thursday, July 07, 2022, at approximately 5:50 p.m., officers responded to a call for an Sexual Assault at the Gatineau Hydro Corridor Trail just west of Birchmount Rd.
It is reported that:
  • a woman was running eastbound on Gatineau Hydro Corridor Trail between Crockford Boulevard and Birchmount Road
  • an unknown teenage boy blocked her way with his bike
  • the teenage boy then sexually assaulted the woman
On Friday, July 08, 2022, at approximately 4:59 p.m., officers responded to a second call for an Sexual Assault at the Gatineau Hydro Corridor Trail just east of Birchmount Rd.
It is reported that:
  • a woman was riding a bicycle on Gatineau Hydro Corridor Trail between Birchmount Road and Kennedy Road
  • a teenage boy followed and stopped the woman asking to show her an "11 fingers TikTok trick"
  • the boy then sexually assaulted the woman
The suspect in both assaults is described as a teenage boy, 13-15, about 5'5", thin build with short brown hair. He was wearing a red t-shirt in two occurrences, black shorts, distinctive brown camouflauge-like design backpack and riding a dark mountain bike.''

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth