Found Deceased Canada - Chelsea Poorman, 24, Vancouver, 7 Sep 2020

Heartbreaking indeed. I really think the government needs to dive deeper into the issue of Missing and Murdered Indigenous people, specifically women. If a bunch of blonde, blue-eyed Swedish-Canadians started disappearing without a trace, I think we'd be looking into the possibility of a serial killer. Instead these cases are dismissed as domestic violence or runaways or other options informed by unsavoury opinions. JMO. Hoping for her return to her family.
LOL at them diving deeper.
Without getting political, JT has been the most compassionate PM we’ve ever had in regards fo indigenous issues, ever. And it’s still not enough. The inquiry into MMIWG was like “yeah we have a problem here” and they seemingly just forgot about it.
I think the world is getting more woke and a lot of people are coming to understand the effects of residential schools and the sixties scoop now that we are discovering children’s remains. In TIME people will care. But it will be too late.

…It infuriates me

Sept 6 2021 rbbm.
A young Indigenous woman vanished a year ago. There's a $20K reward in her case, but there's been no sign of her since that day.
image.jpg
Chelsea Poorman is pictured in photos posted on a website about her disappearance. (chelseapoorman.com

''VANCOUVER -- Late on Sept. 6, 2020, Chelsea Poorman left a friend's house, hinting to her sister she may be with a new love interest.

She was never seen again, and a full year later, her family still doesn't know what happened to her.

On the anniversary of her disappearance, supporters of her loved ones donned red and pink and marched in downtown Vancouver to raise awareness of her case.''

''Police say Chelsea is 5'3" and was about 120 pounds at the time of her disappearance. She has black hair, and was last seen carrying a beige purse. At that time, she was wearing a grey sweater, black crop top, black jeans and brown boots.''

I see no one has posted here about the latest developments on Chelsea. Sadly her body was found. But its under some strange circumstances IMO that point to something nefarious happening. The police says that because her remains were found skeletanized we will never know what happened to her. She was found miles away from her last known location. Her mother says she was found under a blanket on an abandoned property in Vancouver. Homeless people frequent that property apparently. Her mother says that she couldn't walk that far due to her leg. So the question is why wasn't she seen leaving on CCTV anywhere, secondly how did she get there. The house has out of town owners on that property she was found on.

Missing Cree woman Chelsea Poorman found dead outside empty Vancouver home

Police say 24-year-old died shortly after her disappearance, but the death is not considered suspicious
Contractors working on a house near Granville Street and West 37th Avenue made the grisly discovery on April 22.
Addison (police spokesman) said that Poorman's body was discovered in the backyard, which is overgrown and unkempt, so it's understandable she wasn't found before now.

May 6 2022
''More than a year and a half after she disappeared in Vancouver, Chelsea Poorman has been found dead outside an empty house, according to police.

The 24-year-old Cree woman's remains were found on the property of an empty home in the pricey Shaughnessy neighbourhood, according to a written statement from the Vancouver police.

Contractors working on a house near Granville Street and West 37th Avenue made the grisly discovery on April 22.

"This is not the outcome anyone wanted. We always hoped Chelsea would be found alive, and our sympathies go out to everyone who knew Chelsea, loved her, and hoped she would come home safely," Vancouver police spokesman Sgt. Steve Addison said in the statement.

Investigators do not believe her death was suspicious, but Addison told reporters that because the remains were essentially skeletal, it's unlikely the cause of death will ever be determined.''

Remains of missing woman Chelsea Poorman found at vacant Vancouver home

In a news release, Vancouver police said they believe Chelsea "likely died on the property the night she disappeared or shortly thereafter, but went undiscovered because the house has been vacant for years."

When addressing reporters, police acknowledged that squatters had often been on the property, but said they would not speculate as to how she died.

Her mother believes someone must have been there when it happened, in part because her daughter was found covered in a blanket.

Went to an illicit house party, got intoxicated, went outside, passed out, succumbed to elements, abandoned. My best guess. One would have expected her phone to have last pinged there but maybe no towers?

Remains of missing woman Chelsea Poorman found at vacant Vancouver home

In a news release, Vancouver police said they believe Chelsea "likely died on the property the night she disappeared or shortly thereafter, but went undiscovered because the house has been vacant for years."

When addressing reporters, police acknowledged that squatters had often been on the property, but said they would not speculate as to how she died.

Her mother believes someone must have been there when it happened, in part because her daughter was found covered in a blanket.
As LE said we will never know what happened. It is a sad outcome. But I can't help but think something else happened here. Whose blanket was that and why would she take a blanket with her to the location she was found. I wonder if any DNA was found on the blanket if she was under the blanket the blanket would show signs of decompositon also. There are so many questions that come to mind. Its very unusual circumstances that she has been found under. Perhaps there is no other DNA on that blanket because whoever put it on her wouldn't leave any traces. It was probably a clean blanket when she was placed in it. Since the property is frequented by homeless people someone carrying a blanket to that location wouldn't be out of place. No one would notice, not even neighbors.

LOL at them diving deeper.
Without getting political, JT has been the most compassionate PM we’ve ever had in regards fo indigenous issues, ever. And it’s still not enough. The inquiry into MMIWG was like “yeah we have a problem here” and they seemingly just forgot about it.
I think the world is getting more woke and a lot of people are coming to understand the effects of residential schools and the sixties scoop now that we are discovering children’s remains. In TIME people will care. But it will be too late.

…It infuriates me
I do hate to say this as I'm not trying to sound harsh, but it may come across as harsh and I apologize because its not intended to. But IMO the reality is that as long as society has existed there are just people who are extremely self centered and want to have everything their way (maybe powertripping.) During the residential school system there was a government sanctioned allowance of these people to so called TEACH but we all know that many of these so called teachers were actually fulfilling their own CRAZY ideas ONLY. Also in all cultures we have these people that's why its so important to be aware that they are out there. I can't help but think many missing and murdered people trusted such people. Its society who thinks these people are okay and thereby they are trusted until its too late for some of us. And this is not a judgement on anyone its a matter of who one trusts as the government did and look what happened. Many of these people were psychopaths! And it continues. People just don't want to believe that these people exist, there will be excuses as to why these people are the way they are and its OKAY (all cultures!)

May 7 2022

“Somebody knows something still, what happened to her,” Sheila Poorman told Global News. “How did she die like that?”

Crews working on a vacant $7.1 million Shaughnessy home found Chelsea Poorman’s body on April 22.

Poorman was 24 when she went missing on Sept. 6, 2020, during a night out. Her mother said she had recently moved to the city to try and work on mental health and addictions issues.

Her cause of death remains undetermined and because her remains were skeletal police say toxicology is not possible.''

“I don’t know how she ended up in that place and alone without her phone,” she said, adding her daughter couldn’t walk far because of a leg injury.''
1652023456229.png

Went to an illicit house party, got intoxicated, went outside, passed out, succumbed to elements, abandoned. My best guess. One would have expected her phone to have last pinged there but maybe no towers?
No its in the middle of the city so it would have pinged but it did not. If what you are suggesting is correct then there are others out there who are complicit. The fact remains hat she was not seen leaving her last known place on CCTV which is in Downtown. A camera would have picked her ups somewhere. IMO she perished in that building. No footage picked her up at the backside of the building nor in the parking area. Something happened to her in there and she was transferred over to where she was found. I could agree with you if there was footage available of her leaving the building.

Imo she wouldn't have succumbed to the elements outside in late summer weather.
Hopefully someone comes forward with more information about that night...the situation is very unsettling to me

Imo she wouldn't have succumbed to the elements outside in late summer weather.
Hopefully someone comes forward with more information about that night...the situation is very unsettling to me
I went ahead and checked the historical weather and you're right, it was clear that night and the temperature barely got below 50 degrees Fahrenheit at the low end

<rsbm>

It's a fairly major intersection in Vancouver and there would definitely be towers in that area.

Granville & West 37th
I suppose she may have turned her phone off after having her "I'm with my new bae" conversation with her family

After looking at the weather report I'm more inclined to think overdosed and abandoned as we often see. I'm not getting much of a read on her from either her social media or her family's comments. It really sucks not just that she died which is of course always a tragedy but for her remains to go unfound for so long, especially if they were in a fairly populated area.

Canada has a reputation as a laid back, safe place but I'm nearly always astonished to read about how cases that make this site develop there. It seems that while serial killers here in the US have dramatically decreased their activity (or learned to hide it better) that Canada is still quite vulnerable to the classic serial killer modus operandi. Not that, statistically, I think this particular case was the work of a serial killer (these kind of things are more often the result of accident/negligence) but it's a shame that not enough evidence remains to conclusively eliminate the possibility of it having been a serial killer - and the establishment that evidence like that routinely goes unfound/uninvestigated in a particular place is practically an invitation for killers to take advantage of.

I hope that we will at least see a release firmly stating that there was no evidence of trauma to the remains but I don't really expect it.

IMO this is sketchy. Why in the world would a young healthy woman perish the night she disappeared, in a busy area near downtown Vancouver? It makes no sense. If she was injured or hurt in some way she could’ve walked to Granville and gotten help. IMO someone did something to her and left her there.

BTW- as far as I know, there is often a lot of info that can be gleaned from skeletal remains, like injuries to the skull etc.

And sorry, but I have very very little faith in BC police after what happened with Robert Pickton and how BADLY they bungled that (Bias against Pickton's victims led to police failures, indifference - Macleans.ca). Bias and racism runs deep and it’s not easy to get rid of. With an Indiginous victim like Chelsea they could easily sweep this under the rug without public pressure.

I went ahead and checked the historical weather and you're right, it was clear that night and the temperature barely got below 50 degrees Fahrenheit at the low end

I suppose she may have turned her phone off after having her "I'm with my new bae" conversation with her family

After looking at the weather report I'm more inclined to think overdosed and abandoned as we often see. I'm not getting much of a read on her from either her social media or her family's comments. It really sucks not just that she died which is of course always a tragedy but for her remains to go unfound for so long, especially if they were in a fairly populated area.

Canada has a reputation as a laid back, safe place but I'm nearly always astonished to read about how cases that make this site develop there. It seems that while serial killers here in the US have dramatically decreased their activity (or learned to hide it better) that Canada is still quite vulnerable to the classic serial killer modus operandi. Not that, statistically, I think this particular case was the work of a serial killer (these kind of things are more often the result of accident/negligence) but it's a shame that not enough evidence remains to conclusively eliminate the possibility of it having been a serial killer - and the establishment that evidence like that routinely goes unfound/uninvestigated in a particular place is practically an invitation for killers to take advantage of.

I hope that we will at least see a release firmly stating that there was no evidence of trauma to the remains but I don't really expect it.
I agree with you about your observations on the serial killers aspect. Actually recently well, within the last year (perhaps two) two women (both a year apart) were found on the side of a highway. They were found at different locations on that highway many miles away. But both were last seen in Vancouver (I believe downtown.) They lived transient lifestyles. But Chelsea did not though. Perhaps Chelsea somehow came across the same individual the two women did. Not much has been said about either case but nothing was said about their cell phones. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have them when their bodies were found. One thing about your observation I can see happening in Canada is that the verdict of manslaughter or second degree murder is often used in cases where a body hasn't been found but the evidence points to murder. Obviously first degree murder is the highest but a verdict of manslaughter for a case that should be first degree murder may be something to ponder. Its only because the evidence points to it but can't be substantiated without a doubt. So what I'm trying to say is cases which may be first degree murder are sometimes (well depends on how one looks at it) concluded as manslaughter or second degree murder. Eduardo Balaquit/Kyle Pietz is something akin to what I'm saying. Reminds me of victim Oakley Albert Kite. I don't think think they will ever find Mr Balaquit, sadly.

Last edited:
IMO this is sketchy. Why in the world would a young healthy woman perish the night she disappeared, in a busy area near downtown Vancouver? It makes no sense. If she was injured or hurt in some way she could’ve walked to Granville and gotten help. IMO someone did something to her and left her there.

BTW- as far as I know, there is often a lot of info that can be gleaned from skeletal remains, like injuries to the skull etc.

And sorry, but I have very very little faith in BC police after what happened with Robert Pickton and how BADLY they bungled that (Bias against Pickton's victims led to police failures, indifference - Macleans.ca). Bias and racism runs deep and it’s not easy to get rid of. With an Indiginous victim like Chelsea they could easily sweep this under the rug without public pressure.
Simple answer is a drug overdose. Happens all the time and Vancouver has a terrible problem with drug addiction and overdoses.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back