CANADA Canada - Christine Prince, 25, Toronto, 22 Jun 1982

dotr

Reaction score
https://www.torontopolice.on.ca/homicide/search.php
attachment.php

Christine
PRINCE

[h=4]Details of Investigation:[/h] On Tuesday, June 22, 1982, at about 7:15 a.m., police responded to an emergency call in the area of Sewells Road and the Rouge river.

The victim was discovered in the Rouge River, suffering from medical trauma, and obviously deceased.

Investigators believe the victim was last seen on a public transit streetcar on St Clair Avenue W at Bathurst Street, on June 21, 1982, sometime after 1:10 a.m. The victim was expected to ride the streetcar to Wychwood Avenue, and walk to her residence from there.

Attachments

• b63cf0337da378e6e3e6cb44ae56e16f.gif
    b63cf0337da378e6e3e6cb44ae56e16f.gif
    8.4 KB · Views: 86
http://www.torontosun.com/news/torontoandgta/2011/02/26/17421486.html
[h=1]Help police find nanny's killers[/h]
MAX HAINES, Special to Toronto Sun First posted: Saturday, February 26, 2011
Christine arrived in Canada and was ensconced in the Kruzick residence at 66 Pinewood Ave., where her duties consisted of taking care of their three-year-old daughter, Nicole, as well as light housekeeping.
Christine was happy. She was working in a position she loved.
Soon the Kruzicks considered her a member of the family. Little Nicole liked Christine and the nanny was fond of the little girl.
On April 3, 1982, Christine met fellow nanny Gloria Betts at an English pub.
The manager introduced both Gloria and Christine to two young men from "over home". And that's how Christine met David Curtis-Smith.
The two hit it off from the very beginning. Gloria's young man wasn't interested in Gloria, nor was she in him, although the two couples often went out as foursome.
Late on the Sunday evening of June 20, 1982, Christine Prince, accompanied by Gloria, set out to meet David at the corner of Bloor St. and Yorkville Ave.
The reason for the late hour was that David worked as a chef at the Four Seasons Hotel and his shift ended at 11:30 p.m.
The three young people dropped into a coffee shop, where they lingered until 1:15 a.m. Monday morning.
They made their way to their respective residences.
She walked along Pinewood to the front of number 18. We know that for a fact because it was misting out and Christine was carrying an umbrella.
Later that day, a passerby found the umbrella on the road in front of number 18. Christine never made it home.
A man, or more likely two men, were either parked or trolling for a woman.
They grabbed Christine from the street and dragged her into their car. They drove over 30 km to just off Sewells Rd. in the Metro Toronto Zoo area.
On Tuesday morning, June 22, 1982, a number of motorists travelling to work phoned police informing them that they had seen a nude body in the Rouge River from the Sewells Rd. bridge. Christine Prince had been found.
Homicide detectives knew where Christine had been picked up. They knew where she had been driven. They knew a lot about Christine's last hours on Earth.
It is surmised that she was only moments from her home when she was abducted on Pinewood Ave. She was either struck on the head upon being grabbed, causing a great deal of blood in the abductors' vehicle, or she had been held by one man while the other drove to an area he knew well. It was a 30 km drive.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/293267
[h=1]Who killed Christine Prince?[/h] By KJ Mullins Jun 11, 2010 in Crime

Toronto - Christine Prince, 25, was a young woman from Wales working as a nanny in Toronto in 1982. On a hot June Sunday night, June 20th, she and a friend went to a movie at Yonge and Bloor, in the heart of Toronto.

At Bathurst Street Christine's friend exited the streetcar with Christine only having two stops to make at Wychwood Avenue. She would have a short walk to make it to her employer's home in the rain. She is thought to have rounded the corner at St. Clair Avenue West at Pinewood Avenue. She was never seen again alive

An autopsy revealed that she had drowned but there were blows to her head also. Christine's head, face and body were also bruised and cut. Christine was not the only woman murdered in 1982. That year in Toronto seven women would turn up dead in the city. Christine was the second, just a month after Jenny Isford, 19, was discovered on a lawn in her own neighbourhood raped and strangled.

Christine was 5'3" and weighed 126 pounds. She looked like the Welsh girl she was with fair skin and rosy cheeks, light brown hair and blue eyes. When she disappeared she was dressed tastefully in a cream coloured sweater and light blue dress pants carrying a brown leather shoulder bag and multicoloured umbrella.

https://www.torontopolice.on.ca/homicide/search.php
attachment.php

Investigators examine items found near the crime scene
[h=4]How You Can Help:[/h] If you have any information regarding this case, please contact Homicide at 416-808-7400, or at homicide@torontopolice.on.ca
Crime Stoppers Phone anonymously at 416−222−TIPS (8477); or via the internet at www.222tips.com; or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637); or download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World

Attachments

• aaf6b0717484ddfae6ad86d1affd24f6.jpg
    aaf6b0717484ddfae6ad86d1affd24f6.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 42
Bumping with this older article because there does not seem to be any recent ones.imo.
By Shaun Gregory, Huron Expositor
October 9, 2015
http://www.seaforthhuronexpositor.c...er-murder-still-affects-lawson-56-years-later
[FONT=&quot]Ruhl’s book A Viable Suspect referred to the degree as providing importance and highlighted an analysis for a lucrative approach at finding a killer. It stated, a need to potentially bury a body, the murderer is more likely to do so in the vicinity he or she is familiar with. Ruhl created a datasheet from murders and crimes, pointing out the specific times and geographical locations connected to Talbot.[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Pauline Ivy Dudley, 17, from Oakville was found murdered in 1973 about 15 minutes from Talbot’s house.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Christine Prince, from Toronto was killed in 1982 approximately seven minutes away from the residence of Talbot.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Delia Adriano, 25, from Oakville was murdered 26 minutes away from Talbot’s dwelling.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Lynne Harper, 12, from Vanastra was discovered in 1959 at Lawson’s Bush, which was a place constantly visited for his specific job.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Jacqueline English’s, 15-year-old body was discovered in 1969 near Tillsonburg and 19-year-old Lynda White’s skeleton remains were found in Norfolk County in 1973. Ruhl believes this could be Talbot because he had customers in the area.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Lastly, Valerie Stevens, a 19-year-old pregnant woman from Toronto, was found in 1992 no more than 41 min of where Talbot lived.[/FONT]

why do police believe she walked on the east side of the street up pinewood if her umbrella was found at 18 pinewood which is on the west side of the street? Her home would have been on the west side as well.

Looking at this case because at the time, I lived out on Meadowvale Road and saw the police out my apartment window doing a ground search of the land across the road. I used to jog that area too (up to the zoo and back) and once was fearful of a car of young men parked on a sort-cut road I sometimes took on route to the zoo.

Did they have DNA on CP?

After a recent Dr. Phil show on a serial killer and his behavior change as described by his wife made me think of my ex who I lived with at the time of this murder. But the imagination is wild at times.

why do police believe she walked on the east side of the street up pinewood if her umbrella was found at 18 pinewood which is on the west side of the street? Her home would have been on the west side as well.
LE must have been told that it was CP's habit to walk on the East side of the street because it was better lit.
Christine Prince – Nicoll Investigations
"Christine got off at Wychwood Ave. and made her way to Pinewood Ave., keeping to the east side of Pinewood, as was her custom, because that side is well lit."

"Later that day, a passerby found the umbrella on the road in front of number 18."

Rbbm.
"Missing from Christine’s body was a distinctive gold ring with two hearts joined together and a gold coloured watch. Christine’s clothing had been strewn about the area. When investigators found her purse, a Kodak instant camera was missing. In discussing the case with both the local behavioural science experts and the FBI in Quantico, Va., I was told that items removed from victims are often given to girlfriends, wives, and even mothers.
I am asking the public to search their memories. Did anyone receive an unexpected gift of a ring, a watch or a Kodak Instamatic camera?
It is a lot to expect after 30 years, but it is possible."

"Christine Prince was the first victim of five who suffered similar fates. Christine Prince, Delia Adriano, Valerie Stevens, Lynda Shaw and Cindy Halliday – were stalked, kidnapped and driven to remote areas where they were murdered between early spring and late summer, between 1982 and 1992.
• The bodies of five of the victims were discovered in lovers’ lanes – wooded, remote areas down back roads often frequented by teenagers. No effort was made to conceal the bodies.
At least three of the slayings indicate a fetish for neatness: jackets folded neatly and shoes placed side by side at the murder scenes.
• Most of the victims were transported many kilometres from where they were abducted.
• Expressways figure in five of the slayings, either for stalking and transporting the victims, or as a place to later dump the victims’ belongings.
• The killer kept personal effects from some of the victims such as items of clothing, a shoe and jewellery."

"Police believe that a serial killer was/is at work here. A name that has been mentioned is Russell Williams."
Christine Prince – Nicoll Investigations

Rbbm.
"Missing from Christine’s body was a distinctive gold ring with two hearts joined together and a gold coloured watch. Christine’s clothing had been strewn about the area. When investigators found her purse, a Kodak instant camera was missing. In discussing the case with both the local behavioural science experts and the FBI in Quantico, Va., I was told that items removed from victims are often given to girlfriends, wives, and even mothers.
I am asking the public to search their memories. Did anyone receive an unexpected gift of a ring, a watch or a Kodak Instamatic camera?
It is a lot to expect after 30 years, but it is possible."

Yes, I noted that about possessions. Racking my brain to try to remember 30+ yrs ago goings on. Now, if one of them was missing a red 2-pc babydoll negligee with a slit in the *advertiser censored*, I would say, yes. I found that in my ex's possessions and he said it was for me. NO WAY! Still don't know what the pig got that for. Maybe for himself.

So how annoying is it for someone to request someone's DNA be checked. Do you have to have solid reasons? Do they send a PI to get it from their recycling?

They won't automatically check it as I understand it. They will assess the tip. They are aware that as you say it is easy to suspect people also people might use this maliciously to hurt an ex or enemy. They can ask anyone to voluntarily give a sample of their DNA. But you're right if they don't want to tip them off they can look for a discarded item. I knew someone who was fingered by a victim of a notorious criminal as her perp....he agreed and as far as I know never heard back. Soon after they arrested the real perp. They probably never tested his DNA as the case was developing in another and the actual direction. He looked somewhat like the perp but in many respects height etc. different.

Sept 27 2021
Toronto Police Service :: News Release #51035
''The Toronto Police Service has launched a unique, six-episode series of its 24 Shades of Blue podcast with Obie & Ax.

Featuring A/Detective Sergeant Stephen Smith of Homicide - Cold Case, this break-out series highlights unsolved, historic homicides or missing persons cases during each episode.

The third episode of 24 Shades of Blue - Cold Case Edition features the case of Christine Prince, Homicide 24/1982. Christine, then 25, was last seen on Monday, June 21, 1982, at approximately 1:10 a.m., on a streetcar in the area of St. Clair Avenue West and Bathurst Street. Her body was discovered in the Rouge River the next day.''

Okay this is totally unfounded but I want to put it out there as everytime I read about this case I'm haunted. (I just logged in to check the GP case and saw a notification this case had an update).

I do not have dates all figured out, nor details in my brain. It was a long time ago. I mentioned above that at the time I lived in an apartment bld on Meadowvale Road, Scarborough. I recall completely the strange situation of the police combing the field across the street and hearing on the radio of a murder. My ex-husband was weird but his brother even weirder. For a time his brother stayed with us. I do not recall the dates!! Darn it.

When I read Paul Bernardo was into Amway through highschool, bells went off! Why? Because my brother-in-law was newly into Amway at the time. He practiced his sale pitch on me while he stayed with us. He had a 'mentor'. I doubt my BIL had a vehicle at the time. I vaguely remember some Amway guy was going to pick him up. for a meeting. Seems to me they wore suits to these things IIRC. Seems to me the guy who came to the door was nice looking. Now that I read on Wiki Bernardo was into Amway, I am wondering if there is a connection? I believe they would hold Amway meetings at downtown hotels. Could PB have picked up my BIL for the meeting, murdered CP late at night and then dumped her and then dropped my BIL off again?

PB was 18 at the time. My brother in law around the same. (By the way, my brother-in-law is now deceased. I don't know from what as I'd long moved on.)

I'd ask LE to check what vehicle PB drove at the time. I read Toyota 4-wheel tracks were by the scene. I am wondering if there is any likelihood PB and my BIL could be the perps. (I know in a past post I wondered if my ex was involved. I know, a bit absurd.) I do not have solid evidence that PB was my BIL's mentor. It is only a theory. Maybe there are Amway records to be checked. When I read about the missing items, I'm haunted trying to remember and the mind plays tricks. I am trying to remember about the camera especially.

Could the killer be a taxi driver following streetcars and waiting, maybe leaving the body ''in full view of motorists'', because he takes that route and wants to watch the action & reactions of motorists? speculation, imo.
2021 rbbm.
By Peter Edwards
''At five-foot-three and 126 pounds, the 25-year-old Prince wasn’t physically imposing, by any stretch.
She was likeable and cautious.

The night of Sunday, June 20, 1982, was drizzly, and she carried an umbrella, which gave her a weapon of sorts.''

''After watching a movie at Yonge and Bloor, she chatted with her friends in a downtown restaurant.
Around 1:30 a.m. on Monday morning, she took a Clair Avenue West streetcar, getting off five blocks from her employer’s Pinewood Avenue home.
What happened next continues to baffle police.''

We believe that the perpetrator or perpetrators were waiting in a vehicle,” acting Det. Sgt. Stephen Smith of Toronto police said in a video police made to call attention to the case. “They may have called her over. Her being a good person, she went over to give them directions or whatever.”
Her umbrella was found in the middle of Pinewood Avenue.
“If she had went willingly with them, she would have taken her umbrella,” Smith said. “So we believe she was taken right from the street.”

''There were multiple sightings of her nude, battered body later Monday morning, as she lay face down in shallow water in the West Rouge River in Scarborough in full view of motorists on a nearby bridge off Sewells Road.
“Is this the ideal dumping spot?,” Smith asked. “I would say, no.”

''Investigators can’t be sure if she was killed near the bridge or in a residence. They also wonder why her attacker drove all the way across the city to dump the body in an area where it was quickly and easily found.
After her murder, the killer or killers doubled back across the city,
as her wallet — containing ID and $2 — was found by a roadworker on Highway 401 west of Morningside Avenue.
“They obviously had knowledge of this area as well as the downtown area of Toronto,” Smith said''.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back