Canada - Coronavirus COVID-19 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ If air travel/cruises and business travel return to pre-COVID normal, we'll be having an ongoing COVID crisis that requires at least two boosters a year. IMO

Given that even a double dose of vaccine does not prevent transmission or the host getting COVID, we'll definitely need second generation vaccines. IMO

I just hope that Canada is better at the boosters and second gen vaccines than they've been with the originals. IMO

IMO, we cannot allow people unrestricted travel as in the past until COVID has almost died out. When that will be, who knows? 2024 maybe

The article states that because there is inconsistent management of the virus at the global level (e.g.: Brazil versus China), new variants can emerge in future years. That should mean that some parts of the world are no-travel zones, but some people seem determined to do what they shouldn't do for the sake of asserting "freedom."

I was recently cleaning out boxes of stuff from my childhood, and came across an International Certificate of Vaccination document I had to carry with me when I travelled in Europe in 1972. It was issued by Quarantine Service: Department of National Health and Welfare Canada. It is stamped by the provincial Department of Health, Canada.

People today act as though international health "passports" are such a new and debatable thing, whereas the reality is that they were mandatory in 1972. It would be a good idea for governments to point out that health passports were the norm, they were phased out after 1972, and today they may again be mandatory.

From the MT, interesting article posted.

Scientists Find How AstraZeneca Vaccine Causes Clots

April 22, 2021 -- Scientists in Germany say they've worked out the two-step mechanism by which the AstraZeneca vaccine causes rare but devastating blood clots that gobble up the body's supply of platelets.
"This is, in my opinion, rock-solid evidence," said Andreas Greinacher, MD, head of the Institute of Immunology and Transfusion Medicine, University Hospital Greifswald, Germany, who was among the first scientists in the world to link the rare clots to antibodies against a key protein in platelets.
In his new study, Greinacher and colleagues describe a series of events that has to happen in the body before the vaccines create these large clots. He explained that while everyone has the basic immune machinery that leads to the unusual clots, it is almost always kept in balance. The body uses a series of checks to prevent any step in the process from getting out of control.

In some cases, however, there's a perfect storm where each stage progresses to the next and the end result is very hard to control. That autoimmune attack, which causes the body to go into a hyper-clotting state, typically burns itself out after a few weeks. So if patients can get rapid treatment, the condition nearly always goes away.

Scientists Find How AstraZeneca Vaccine Causes Clots

well that's good news

Today I had to pick up a script at a pharmacy. I was in line behind someone who was buying lice remover for her 3 daughters at home with long hair, and the woman herself had very long hair, and was asking if she should also treat herself. I sure kept my distance, fearing exposure to that, as much or more than the Covid thing at this point! I guess the six-foot distance thing is a good idea, no matter what/when.

Husb got a Moderna vax today, no symptoms so far.

Today I had to pick up a script at a pharmacy. I was in line behind someone who was buying lice remover for her 3 daughters at home with long hair, and the woman herself had very long hair, and was asking if she should also treat herself. I sure kept my distance, fearing exposure to that, as much or more than the Covid thing at this point! I guess the six-foot distance thing is a good idea, no matter what/when.

Husb got a Moderna vax today, no symptoms so far.

I'm scheduled for the Moderna vaccine tomorrow afternoon. My daughter mentioned soreness around the injection site that developed after a few hours and lasted about 24 hours.

I can't believe that Canadian governments took so long to stop telling Canadians that it's just fine to play Russian Roulette with the AstraZeneca vaccine. Yesterday the stats were revised to 1/60,000 has clots rather than 1/100,000, and that may well be another understatement of true stats. If even one healthy person dies from a vaccination, it's one too many, yet the government kept saying that because the numbers are low - take your chances and hope for the best. It seem ludicrous.

^^^^ I think the government was comparing the chances of a clot with the chances of dying from COVID while unvaccinated.

Yes, its disturbing when the numbers show a greater chance than we were led to believe but IMO that falls under the old adage:

Lies, damned lies and statistics!! They can usually be read to be whatever suits.

To the dead persons families, its devastating and not just a number but I wonder how many people avoided COVID by taking the AZ shot??

Quite a few I'd guess.

This whole vaccination process is really the largest drug trial of mankinds' history.

There was no vaccine to try during the Spanish flu pandemic, so from that point of view, we are very, very lucky.

Personally, I am ecstatic that they came up with some vaccines, even if they dont have all the answers.

Life is a crapshoot and I dont think I'd do well with COVID.

Last edited:
I'm scheduled for the Moderna vaccine tomorrow afternoon. My daughter mentioned soreness around the injection site that developed after a few hours and lasted about 24 hours.

Got the Pfizer this morning, Drive Thru.
And got a Ministry of Health printout to confirm.
Took a picture of it, as was suggested.
Injection site is a bit tender.

Just pooped out from enjoying the nice weather,
It's been a while.

185372187_10223007857216900_4188556531044037830_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors