Canada - Coronavirus COVID-19 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

From the link:

The First Nation says the shipment was received in July and was originally set to expire in October.

But because the vials were thawed, they were good for only 31 days — until Aug. 9. The new expiry date was noted on the box but not on the individual vials, in accordance with Indigenous Services protocol.

From the link:

The First Nation says the shipment was received in July and was originally set to expire in October.

But because the vials were thawed, they were good for only 31 days — until Aug. 9. The new expiry date was noted on the box but not on the individual vials, in accordance with Indigenous Services protocol.

yes I replied before I read the article

yes I replied before I read the article

The title made it sound like the Feds had sent expired vaccines to the Rez, which would have been truly horrible. So I was pretty relieved to see that wasn't the case.

Human error was bad enough, though.

Here's a tidbit of info about vaccines given on First Nations territories, they are administered by the Federal gov't and so they don't get entered into the Ontario COVAX system. The COVAX system receipt of vaccinations are required for the passport, so individuals who were vaccinated on the reserves, have to call public health, and get the info transferred to the provincial system. Have you tried calling public health recently? I don't think they have anyone left answering their phones. :( And who knows if the people even still have the information they need to transfer.

And ... it gets worse, some people had one vaccine on First Nations territories, and one through the provincial COVAX system. Does this make two vaccinations, allowing the person to show they are fully vaccinated? No, indeed it does not. Such a person would have two first vaccinations!

The title made it sound like the Feds had sent expired vaccines to the Rez, which would have been truly horrible. So I was pretty relieved to see that wasn't the case.

Here's a tidbit of info about vaccines given on First Nations territories, they are administered by the Federal gov't and so they don't get entered into the Ontario COVAX system. The COVAX system receipt of vaccinations are required for the passport, so individuals who were vaccinated on the reserves, have to call public health, and get the info transferred to the provincial system. Have you tried calling public health recently? I don't think they have anyone left answering their phones. :( And who knows if the people even still have the information they need to transfer.

And ... it gets worse, some people had one vaccine on First Nations territories, and one through the provincial COVAX system. Does this make two vaccinations, allowing the person to show they are fully vaccinated? No, indeed it does not. Such a person would have two first vaccinations!

yeah I was too annoyed at the title to bother commenting after that
oh wow that is terrible for them and for our statistics

I had one vaccine through Health Services and one through a pharmacy. I have two hard copy documents that both say first vaccine. However, when I downloaded the proof of vaccine document, both vaccines are lists with correct dates, demonstrating first and second shots. The pharmacy submitted the documents to Health Services.

It seems to me that First Nations could solve the problem by uploading the info to COVAX - similar to how pharmacies manage the information.

I had one vaccine through Health Services and one through a pharmacy. I have two hard copy documents that both say first vaccine. However, when I downloaded the proof of vaccine document, both vaccines are lists with correct dates, demonstrating first and second shots. The pharmacy submitted the documents to Health Services.

It seems to me that First Nations could solve the problem by uploading the info to COVAX - similar to how pharmacies manage the information.

where can I download the proof of vaccine document?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SalmonElla