Found Deceased Canada - Dan Archbald, 37, & Ryan Daley, 43, Ucluelet, Bc, 16 May 2018

I was thinking somewhat along these lines last night.

I'm currently in the camp that's leaning pretty strongly toward this being drug related, and was considering the possibility that the ex may have been acting throughout as an intermediary between Dan/Ryan and whoever was on the receiving end of the deal.

Like, it could be that they were expecting to be picked up by that person, but they knew in advance they would contact the ex to arrange the pickup because they didn't want a direct phone link to someone they were making a gigantic drug deal with.

From there, any number of things could have gone wrong. Maybe the recipient didn't want to pay Dan and Ryan and killed them as a result, but that seems shaky because I'd imagine the amount they would be paid as middlemen would be kind of inconsequential compared to what the buyer would have had to pay the cartel or whoever for the total shipment. (also, if they were trying to save a few bucks--or just take out any general witnesses/participants for the sake of it--it would make sense for them to take out the ex as well.)

I lean more towards something unexpected going wrong after pickup, and prior to or during the transaction. What exactly that was, I have no idea.

Also, unrelated, but for what it's worth, I don't think whatever happened to them is related to Ben Kilmer.

I'm a bit puzzled now as something just hit me .. If there was a money deal pre-planned and in place it sounds like they weren't to get the pay out until they were picked up from someone since it sounded like they seemed to be struggling with the tax price on the boat and how much moorage to pay (3 days vs month). They paid moorage in cash though, not sure how they paid the other.

So what puzzles me is - why were they trying to get a low ball price for the boat tax if let's say they were expecting a big cash flow for a smuggle/illegal act? It doesn't make sense to sweat over what might be pennies after a big payout UNLESS they didn't get their payout yet and didn't have the cash on them or they were forced to import something somehow and not even getting a payout.

I'm a bit puzzled now as something just hit me .. If there was a money deal pre-planned and in place it sounds like they weren't to get the pay out until they were picked up from someone since it sounded like they seemed to be struggling with the tax price on the boat and how much moorage to pay (3 days vs month). They paid moorage in cash though, not sure how they paid the other.

So what puzzles me is - why were they trying to get a low ball price for the boat tax if let's say they were expecting a big cash flow for a smuggle/illegal act? It doesn't make sense to sweat over what might be pennies after a big payout UNLESS they didn't get their payout yet and didn't have the cash on them or they were forced to import something somehow and not even getting a payout.

I've been stuck on that one several times now when it would come up for me too. Perhaps there is something of importance about how that all transpired. Why wait and be a sitting duck??? Stalling perhaps to await their party to pick them up? It's so distorted here isn't it? If you have some big deal of some sort happening it baffles me how there was no pick up organized, somethings distorted here as well too. Something must not of went according to plan what ever that may be. Why Ukee harbour of all of them? why get the re assessment and the lower taxes done if payday is coming? Why are you calling your X in Victoria? It clearly has been some time since being with the X having kids with his current partner, another distorted part for me...If I come home from an 8 week trip with my bro why am I asking my x girlfriend in Victoria to come get me. The absence of clarity in these parts keeps me curious, there is no doubt.

I've been stuck on that one several times now when it would come up for me too. Perhaps there is something of importance about how that all transpired. Why wait and be a sitting duck??? Stalling perhaps to await their party to pick them up? It's so distorted here isn't it? If you have some big deal of some sort happening it baffles me how there was no pick up organized, somethings distorted here as well too. Something must not of went according to plan what ever that may be. Why Ukee harbour of all of them? why get the re assessment and the lower taxes done if payday is coming? Why are you calling your X in Victoria? It clearly has been some time since being with the X having kids with his current partner, another distorted part for me...If I come home from an 8 week trip with my bro why am I asking my x girlfriend in Victoria to come get me. The absence of clarity in these parts keeps me curious, there is no doubt.

I know, strange. IF this was some big cargo pick up from Panama why so disorganized when back in BC? That's not very cartel, organized-crime sounding to me. Let's say they did have a pre-planned ride and getting caught in customs/assessment for 3 days threw them off but this doesn't make sense either as it sounds like they stalled themselves trying to hunt down a better assessment. So this was their own doing to be there for 3 days maybe. Maybe they were stalling the transaction if there was one? Something maybe went wrong after docking and in those 3 days. I think Ukee harbour as there's customs there (I think a call in one though but not sure) and it is close to Jordan River where Ryan lives.

I don't think these guys were big time bad guys. (And, of course they may not have been involved in anything untoward at all!) If, and it's a big if, they were operating under the law I just don't get their behaviour. Did they try to operate on their own? If they did then that doesn't explain why they were murdered.

I think these guys are just ordinary guys (o.k., I may be a bit naive here) and got in over their head somehow.

I don't think these guys were big time bad guys. (And, of course they may not have been involved in anything untoward at all!) If, and it's a big if, they were operating under the law I just don't get their behaviour. Did they try to operate on their own? If they did then that doesn't explain why they were murdered.

I think these guys are just ordinary guys (o.k., I may be a bit naive here) and got in over their head somehow.

When you read or view comments made by their friends and family I would have to say you are correct. These individuals looked known in their communities and no one speaking ill words of them at all, every one in shock as well as disbelief that drugs may be involved is the general census from what I have gained from the media and reading comments on social media, I know it's not a complete microscope into their lives, but you know it's not rare to see comments made like, "Oh, not surprised those guys were into such and such or hung out with so and so". There were no statements like this at all made anywhere, mostly shocked and friends and family being unable to connect any dots, unless friends and family are scared to talk about it, who really knows how deep this one goes, we do know murder is involved so something scary took place, and it did not look scary for those 2 coming off the dock, its speculation who knows, for all we know they were told to look happy and not scared and to get in their ride in the parking lot... These guys sound like nice men of good character from shared media views... Such a head spinner this all is!

The silence from LE and the families of Dan and Ryan is deafening. I understand the silence from LE if they have no suspect but I have not read many comments from the families of both men since their bodies were identified or at least didn't see many in the media.

In a small town like Ucluelet I don't understand why no one saw anything in relation to Dan and Ryan's disappearance maybe someone did and reported it to LE and keeping that info confidential.
I would think that information would be leaked to the press by now by a witness in such a small town.

Most gang hits go unsolved period. Most of the cases on the island are unsolved and there are a lot of them. Missing and murdered. Unsolved - Cold Cases. Way too many. Ucluelet is more a small fishing village and place where people live that work in Tofino tourism business. Only larger populations in tourist season. Not many police force units for both towns. Handling something like double murder is hard enough for the big cities. No way this was a local job and they were not reported missing for almost 2 weeks.

A lot of the situations involve LE, gangs and informants and protecting them in situations... most missing cases I believe are drug, gang related on the island a lot of gang and drug activity. Follow the money... hard to solve because people are afraid, whoever knows don't want to talk or they may be next... If there is a serial killer on the island I think the targets would be different and definitely not these guys, Ben Kilmer, Dan Archbald or Ryan Daley. There are younger missing guys on the island right now that are a lot more suspicious that may involve something more sinister like that but these guys I don't think so. Jordan Holling MISSING PERSON • Jordan Holling • Campbell River, British Columbia • 17 Years Old and Ezra Bukach just yesterday Shaelynne Bood

A lot of the situations involve LE, gangs and informants and protecting them in situations... most missing cases I believe are drug, gang related on the island a lot of gang and drug activity.

Gang activity in the Vancouver area is a big deal, not exactly something the Canadians advertise. Years ago there was an anti-gang unit called CLEU that was shut down when they discovered it was compromised (at least one of their agents was funneling information to gangs.) Well, renamed at least. There was a gang war not that long ago.

Because it was most likely drug related hit and they always go cold and information stops within days of a hit... not many arrests as the gangs take care of the justice side themselves. LE turns a blind eye I think except in making people pay as to proceeds of crime. Thats what it comes down to in the end. Criminals take care of their own business government or otherwise. Sad but real.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim
Back