CANADA Canada - Diane Prevost, 2, Parry Sound, Ont, 17 Sept 1966

http://www.dianeprevost.info/index.html
attachment.php

Age Progression of Diane Prevost to 47 years old (December 2011) By Certified (IAI) Forensic Artist, Diana P. Trepkov www.forensicsbydiana.com

Attachments

• wearingglasses.jpg
    wearingglasses.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 66
Hi there,

Just passing through with a few thoughts.

1) This sounds eerily similar to the case of Adrien McNaughton. He vanished into thin air in Holmes lake (about 4.5 hours away) in June 1972. They drained lakes and brought dogs to sniff around, too. I can't help but wonder if there is a link between the two.

2) I was looking into something from Allenstown, NH. 4 bodies found in barrels in Bear Brook State Park. One set found in 1985, the other in 2000. There were 3 young girls found and the middle of the 3 girls, in my opinion, resembles Diane. I know it says the bodies were likely placed in the barrels around 1977, but I'm not sure if that is concrete fact or just a best guess. I know this is far fetched.

I'm so heart broken for this family. I pray that they get answers soon.

Winnie

Hi there,

Just passing through with a few thoughts.

1) This sounds eerily similar to the case of Adrien McNaughton. He vanished into thin air in Holmes lake (about 4.5 hours away) in June 1972. They drained lakes and brought dogs to sniff around, too. I can't help but wonder if there is a link between the two.

2) I was looking into something from Allenstown, NH. 4 bodies found in barrels in Bear Brook State Park. One set found in 1985, the other in 2000. There were 3 young girls found and the middle of the 3 girls, in my opinion, resembles Diane. I know it says the bodies were likely placed in the barrels around 1977, but I'm not sure if that is concrete fact or just a best guess. I know this is far fetched.

I'm so heart broken for this family. I pray that they get answers soon.

Winnie

Thanks for dropping by, WonderingWinnie!
Here is Adrien's thread if you are interested.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?303376-Canada-Adrien-McNaughton-5-Holmes-Lake-ON-12-June-1972&p=12554539&highlight=Adrien+McNaughton#post12554539
[h=2]Adrien McNaughton, 5, Holmes Lake ON, 12 June 1972[/h]

https://www.parrysound.com/news-sto...arch-for-diane-prevost-continues-50-years-on/
attachment.php

Diane Prevost's mother Claire (centre), sister Lise Nastuk and brother-in-law Randy mark the 50th anniversary of Diane's disappearance last September. - Submitted Photo
[h=1]COLD CASE: Search for Diane Prevost continues 50 years on[/h] [h=2]Toddler disappeared from Grundy Lake Provincial Park in 1966[/h] News May 07, 2017 06:00 by Sarah Bissonette
Diane Prevost was two she was last seen by her family. Over the ensuing 50 years, women looking to solve the mystery of their own pasts have come forward thinking they could be the one so desperately sought. In the end, blood tests proved them strangers.

Prevost’s family isn’t giving up hope, though.

With her father recently deceased, Diane’s big sister Lise Nastuk hopes she can bring her little sister home to give her mother peace.

Diane was on a late season camping trip Saturday, Sept. 17, 1966 at Grundy Lake Provincial Park with her grandparents, parents and three siblings.
Over the years, Lise said, about a dozen women — primarily from Northern Ontario — have been tested by police, but Diane remains unfound and she’s had to distance herself from the process. Instead of meeting the women, she directs them to police.

While Lise was only three when Diane disappeared, she recalls her toddler sister as the rebellious one.

It was that streak that had her go into a ditch without shoes on a few months before that fateful September day and cut her foot. A scar from that cut is used as an identifier.

More information can be found at dianeprevost.info or The Missing Children Society of Canada at mcsc.cs/cases/diane-prevost.

Attachments

• EDT_DianePrevost_Super_Portrait.jpg
    EDT_DianePrevost_Super_Portrait.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 26
'Someone knows': Woman writes to sister missing 51 years
image.jpg

It’s been 51 years since Lise Nastuk last saw her younger sister Diane.

It was Sept. 17, 1966, a Saturday, and the Prevost family was enjoying the final days of summer at Grundy Lake Provincial Park, located approximately 100 kilometres southeast from their home in Blezard Valley, outside of Sudbury, Ont.

Lise and her two siblings frolicked in the water with her mother while her father fished. Frightened of the water, two-year-old Diane played alone in the sand.

The toddler said she wanted to return to the campsite, just 152 metres from the shore, to see her grandparents. Her father told her he would take her once he finished untangling his fishing line.

But when he looked for her moments later, Diana had vanished, according to a description of the day’s events by the Ontario Provincial Police.

After an extensive month-long police search of the park and lake and an ongoing investigation in the years after, the little girl has never been found. To this day, the Prevosts still don’t know what happened to Diane.

Now, decades later, Nastuk is appealing to the public for help finding her long-lost sister, with a heartfelt letter released by the OPP.

Published on May 25, 2018
2-year-old Diane Prevost went missing 51 years ago while camping with her family in Grundy Lake Provincial Park near Sudbury. Her father only turned around for a few minutes and she was gone. Diane’s family has been searching for her since and they have not given up hope. Help bring Diane home. If you can help bring resolution, please call: 1-877-9-FINDME (1-877-934-6363) Canada only 1-705-330-4144 outside Canada Submit a tip anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) Email: opp.isb.resolve@opp.ca Visit: canadasmissing.ca

Could loading DNA into a website help with this? If Diane had children and grandchildren - could there be a trace that way? It may have already been suggested.

After reading all the posts and links, I agree with her family. There may be a good chance she was kidnapped by someone camping or passing through the park. It would be helpful to know if the tracking dogs picked up her scent there.

I hope she reads the information. If they haven't already, the surviving family should consider submitting their own DNA to one of the big genealogy web sites to see if something pops up. People from all over the world submit samples. A match to a sibling, niece or nephew would be accurate. The tests are very accurate for detecting close family members.

Diane Prevost - Missing Abducted Since 1966 - Grundy Lake Provincial Park, Ontario Canada
''What Happened
It was Saturday, September 17, 1966 at a Grundy Provincial Park camp site, where a family with four children and their grand-parents were camping.

The father, Bernard, 25, his father, Adolias and Claude, 4, enjoyed fishing at the dock. The mother, Claire, and Therese, the grand-mother, would usually go to water´s edge and watch Joanne, 5, and Lise, 3, play in the water. The youngest child, Diane 2, was afraid of the water and she wouldn´t go near the lake. The family would go camping at Grundy on a regular basis. They went almost every weekend.

On this Saturday in September, Bernard and Claire decided to bring the four kids to the beach while Bernard fished on the dock. Adolias and Therese decided to take a nap while the rest of the family was down at the beach. Bernard was on the dock fishing. Claire, Joanne, Claude and Lise were looking for frogs on the shore and Diane was playing in the sand. Diane wanted to return to the campsite to be with her memere and pepere. Bernard said he would bring her back as soon as he got the line untangled. He turned around a few minutes later and Diane was no longer playing in the sand. Thinking that she had returned to the trailer, which was parked 500 ft away, Claire ran back to the trailer. Claire returned in a panic because Diane was not at the campsite. Bernard, Adolias, Claire and Therese started looking for her. They looked for about one hour thinking that she had just wandered off. They then decided to call the Ontario Provincial Police (O.P.P.) when they couldn´t find her.

The parents were scared that they wouldn´t find their baby before dark. Bernard wanted the police to call the USA and Canadian borders to advise them of his missing daughter but the police said they would find her in the park. The park was officially closed but people could still camp. The Ministry of Natural Resources (MNR) would come by at night to collect the camping fees. The gates to the park were left open. The police started looking, but to no avail. Night fall arrived and Bernard told the police to close the gate of the park so that no cars could go in or out of the park during the night. The police would not agree. They didn´t want to close the gates. Both Bernard and Claire were devastated that their little girl was not found before night fall. How hopeless they felt. How could a two year old baby survive the night in the woods at night? All through the night the father and grand-father drove around the park looking for her. They yelled and shouted Diane´s name but they didn´t find her. They just wouldn´t give up looking for her.

The next day the O.P.P. brought in divers to search the lake. The father kept telling them to search the park, Diane was afraid of the water and would not go near it. Still Diane was not found. The police dragged the lake and no body was found. The news was out that a child was missing in Grundy Provincial Park. This was the first missing child case in Sudbury district. It attracted a lot of media attention. People from Sudbury, Noelville, Britt and Parry Sound came to help with the search party. The Prevost family was well known in the town of Noelville where they were born and raised. Bernard and Claire lived in Blezard Valley and Bernard worked at Inco as a miner.

The police kept the search party at Grundy Park for four weeks. They didn´t find Diane. Bernard and Claire would not give up. They wouldn´t give up hope of finding their daughter.

Two years later bones were found in an outdoor toilet at Grundy Provincial Park. The media covered the story claiming it was Diane Prevost that was found. Forensic testing revealed that it was bones from a dog and not a human.

To this day the family has not given up hope that one day their daughter will come home to them.''

The Canadian Government does not have a very good track record. In the back of my mind are the "Scoop" babies. Is it possible that Diane's two injuries (right foot, left knee) could have been interpreted by the physicians as abuse.......then reported to the Canadian authorities at which point they feared abuse and stepped in and assumed custody of her. I know of abuse / oppression of Indigenous people in Canada by the government. I have also heard family members state: that Diane was considered "the bad one", "the one who was always getting into trouble", this is a two year old the family is talking about--who is missing. How much trouble can a two year old get into. Have they heard of the terrible twos???? Also what is fishy, is that if you look closely of the few photos there are of Diane--- they don't appear to be the same child. In one photo (on the adirondack chair) "Diane's" mouth appears thin--like the families. In other photos, she has fuller lips. A lot just doesn't add up..........

diane ... where are you better you did not know the evil of the world and it was better that way ...
little girl....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993