CANADA Canada - Donna Awcock, 17, London, Ont, 13 Oct 1983

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by JeannieC, Jul 26, 2011.

1. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

: November 10, 2017
    https://globalnews.ca/news/3855658/...n-34-year-old-cold-case-murder-investigation/

2. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

did the family recognize the updated sketch?

3. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

rbbm.
    [video=youtube;x4L9hgdcyno]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4L9hgdcyno[/video]

4. Thewop356

Thewop356 Well-Known Member

What I would like to know in regards to the show is: Did anyone ever figure out the name of the person that made the confession in front of the witness that came forward? If I remember correctly when Dr Mike mentions his name to Donna's family, they replied that she knew him. He would be my number one suspect.

5. morf13

morf13 Ver. Insider Golden State Killer & Zodiac Killer

Cherchri, Thewop356 and dotr like this.
  6. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Bumping.

"These are the ones that I know of that I think bear some similarities. Many were found near/in water....some similarities in age/time period/manner of death.

Donna Awcock, aged 17, 1983 (London)
    Karen Coughlin, aged 14, 1974 (Sarnia)
    Soraya O'Connell, aged 15, 1970 (London)
    Patricia Bovin, aged 22, 1969 (London)
    Robert Stapylton, aged 11, 1969 (London)
    Jacqueline English, aged 15, 1969 (London)
    Frankie Jensen, aged 9, 1968 (London) * found in the Thames river near Thorndale
    Scott Leishman, aged 16, 1968 (Thorndale) *found in the river near port burwell
    Helga Beer, aged 31, 1968 (London)
    Jacqueline Dunleavy, aged 16, 1968 (London)
    Keith Henry, agedd 9, 1963 (Waterloo) * not found
    Susan Cadieux, aged 5, 1956 (London)"

7. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

This article has previously been posted here butbwith the older formatting so I’m gonna repost.
    Donna Awcock
    Updated: July 31, 2013

“Money talks,” said Tammy Dennett, who’s fought tirelessly to keep her sister’s case alive.

This year, she pushed the Ontario Provincial Police to double the reward. She’s also plastered the new reward signs around East London.

“I just feel in my heart that someone out there knows. Someone must know,” she said Wednesday.

“She didn’t kill herself — someone did this to her and Donna deserves justice.”

“It’s never a closed case,” said OPP spokesperson David Rektor, adding the Ontario government put up the reward money to generate tips.

But it’s not the size of the reward that determines good tips, said Michael Scott, a law professor at the University of Wisconsin and former police officer. Old cases are more likely to be solved by technology and forensic evidence, he said.

“In many times there was some kind of a financial reward offered at the time, and that wasn’t enough to compel the person, so the offer of more money 30 years later doesn’t seem more likely,” he said.

“There’s always hope,” he said.

“Memories fade with prolonged time,” he said. “But on the other hand, people who have a bit of a guilty conscience — it might catch up with them in life.”

But Dennett, encouraged by interest the case has attracted since she started a Facebook page a few years ago, said $50,000 could be just the incentive someone needs. “I hope so. I want this person caught.”

Their father never recovered, said Dennett, and died about 10 years ago. Their mom still doesn’t want to talk about the case.

“My sister was raped and killed. That has changed everything about my family,” she said. “He killed us, too.

“I still have trust issues . . . I don’t know who did this to her. It could be my neighbour,” she said.

“To this day, I don’t go out in the dark.”
    Tammy Dennett hopes a $50,000 reward will lead to the arrest of whoever killed her 17-year-old sister, Donna Awcock

skinnycat and dotr like this.
  8. Cherchri

Cherchri Active Member

Has anyone here read or listened to the audiobook "sick" by Cindy Lee Loucks? I am listening to it at present and I have to say I'm convinced there is a viable suspect to take a close look at. The original artist's sketch of the suspected killer (or at least the guy who drove whats her name home from the bar) bears a marked/uncanny resemblance to his son - an OPP officer and world champion kick boxer. I'm sleuthing some of the beliefs of the author and feel there is merit in much of what she alleges. Here is a new link to the video on Donna Jean - the other two shared above in this thread are no longer viable.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    dotr likes this.
  9. Savemecastiel

Savemecastiel Well-Known Member

Bump

dotr likes this.
  10. Kell1

Kell1 Verified law enforcement

Do I have this correct?

The Children's mother caught a ride back to the apartment with a stranger, after that the victim left to go to a store before going home , then was abducted raped murdered and she was found left near a dam?

dotr and Fede like this.
  11. Fede

Fede Well-Known Member

Yes, I wonder what happened with the "stranger". After eating, the children´s mother sent Donna to buy cigarettes and that is when she was murdered.

Kell1 and dotr like this.
  12. Fede

Fede Well-Known Member

dotr likes this.
  13. Kell1

SO the kids mother sent her to get cigarettes from the store ?

Savemecastiel and dotr like this.
  14. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

re posts, rbbm.
    Police appeal for information in 34-year-old cold case murder investigation
    ''Before her death, police say Awcock had been babysitting for a neighbour at an apartment building next door to where she lived along Cheyenne Avenue, now known as Oakville Avenue, in the city’s northeast end. Awcock left the apartment where she had been babysitting around 2:30 a.m. on Oct. 13 to go buy cigarettes at a nearby corner store. She never returned. Awcock’s family contacted police when she failed to return home later that day.

The next day, two kilometres northeast of her Cheyenne Avenue home, Awkcock’s badly beaten, partly-clad body was discovered along the riverbank. Police determined the cause of death was ‘manual strangulation.’ Awcock had also been raped.''

Tammy Dennett hopes a $50,000 reward will lead to the arrest of whoever killed her 17-year-old sister, Donna Awcock | The Sarnia Observer
    ''Awcock, a green-eyed teen with dirty blond hair, lived with her family in an apartment on Cheyenne Ave., now Oakville Ave., in northeast London.

She loved children and they loved her. She often babysat for Dennett, who also lived with their parents in the apartment.

The night she was last seen alive, Awcock had been babysitting for a woman who lived in the next-door building.

The woman asked Awcock to run to a nearby store to pick her up some cigarettes, but Awcock never returned.''

''OTHER UNSOLVED LONDON-REGION MURDERS

Jan. 6, 1956: Susan Cadieux, 5

Dec. 28, 1963: Margaret Sheeler, 20

Jan. 9, 1968: Jacqueline Dunleavy, 16

Feb. 9, 1968: Frankie Jensen, 9

Aug. 6, 1968: Helga Beer, 31

Nov. 13, 1968: Lynda White, 19

Oct. 4, 1969: Jacqueline English, 15

April 24, 1969: Patricia Bovin, 22

Feb. 18, 1977: Ivan Wheeler, 27

Jan. 22, 1996: Sam Lottery, 17

March 24, 2009: Lisa Leckie, 25

May 8, 2009: Anthony Manning, 39

May 31, 2012: Jonathan Zak, 29''

Kell1 likes this.
  15. Kell1

Did they ever question whomever brought the Mom home ?

dotr likes this.
  16. Fede

Fede Well-Known Member

"The woman asked Awcock to run to a nearby store to pick her up some cigarettes, but Awcock never returned."

dotr and Kell1 like this.