CANADA Canada - Elnaz Hajtamiri, 37, Abducted following home invasion, Wasaga Beach, Ontario, 12 Jan 2022

Just another article with not much new information. She is so beautiful! Her story is so tragic!

Wasaga Beach, Ont. abduction victim violently assaulted weeks prior, family says

"The OPP is utilizing all available resources to locate the victim of the home invasion-style abduction that occurred in Wasaga Beach," Newton said.

Her family said Hajtamiri lost her husband in 2017, adding that she was an entrepreneur, recently having started her own cake-making company.

Police urge anyone with information to call the dedicated tip line at 1-833-728-3415 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477

HUNTER: Answers sought in 'kind-hearted' Elnaz Tamiri's Wasaga Beach kidnapping | Toronto Sun
''Elnaz Tamiri is likely long gone from Wasaga Beach.
Now, her family has engaged a New York advertising and public relations agency to get the 37-year-old Iranian woman's story out''
''The missive published in the Beach Booster is filled with snippets of the kidnapped woman’s life and background and how worried her family is and how much they love her. No doubt they are sick with worry.

What the release doesn’t do is offer any hint of why she was taken. And when the “why” is unravelled, there will be answers for her family and the public.''

''Having spent years covering crime, one truism I’ve found is that nothing is ever done without a reason or some sort of motivation.

Typically, cops will tell you the window for surviving an abduction is terrifyingly narrow in most cases. And here we are two weeks later with a publicity push in the one place where Elnaz is most assuredly not.''

Wasaga Beach abduction victim still missing 16 days later | CTV News
wasaga-beach-abduction-1-5738676-1643406036008.jpg

suspect-vehicle-1-5744890-1642535604398.png

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/flight-ps751-court-decision-1.6302809

Could EH be one of the unnamed plaintiffs on the Flight PS752 lawsuit just settled in an Ontario court for 107 million dollars? The Iranians seem pretty miffed about it.

From a previous post upthread:

''On her Facebook page, Elnaz Tamiri makes several references to the mass murder of Ukraine International Airlines Flight 752 in January 2020.''
''Before that tragic day, there are a number of photos of Tamiri with a man. They are in Malaysia, China, all points in-between. They look happy.
There is one final photo of the couple from Jan. 11, 2020 — three days after the crash. Overlaid on the photo is #PS752.''

Last edited:

Could EH be one of the unnamed plaintiffs on the Flight PS752 lawsuit just settled in an Ontario court for 107 million dollars? The Iranians seem pretty miffed about it.

''On her Facebook page, Elnaz Tamiri makes several references to the mass murder of Ukraine International Airlines Flight 752 in January 2020.''
''Before that tragic day, there are a number of photos of Tamiri with a man. They are in Malaysia, China, all points in-between. They look happy.
There is one final photo of the couple from Jan. 11, 2020 — three days after the crash. Overlaid on the photo is #PS752.''

Nov 2021
Iran tampered with victims' electronic devices in aftermath of PS752 downing: report | CTV News
''The families enlisted a retired Toronto police homicide detective, Mark Mendelson, whose consulting firm examined a laptop and cellphones returned to the families. He concluded the devices "showed evidence of human manipulation" and showed no evidence of burn patterns or other signs of damage consistent with the plane slamming into the ground.

"The fact that these memory/data components are missing is not consistent with damage caused by a sudden and hard impact. Moreover, the fact that screws were removed and covers pried open strongly suggests that concerted efforts were made to extract these components, rendering a review of data impossible."

Regarding the previous attack in the garage of her apartment building, I wonder why she was not abducted during that event. She was obviously incapacitated given her wounds. Maybe someone else showed up, another car, and the attackers had to flee? Or was that attack a warning of some sort?

I'm also again wondering about her husband's death. He died quickly under "suspicious" circumstances. Though Elnaz was devastated, what about members of his own family? Could someone in that family have misguided suspicions Elnaz was involved?

She used their savings to start that school for girls, in his honor. Could someone or a group of hard line fanatics perceive that as against their "values", that girls ought not to have an education? I doubt this though, it's Iran, not Afghanistan.

Women in Iran: Political representation without rights | Middle East Institute (mei.edu)

"In domestic cases, the court considers men as heads of the household with legal authority over their wives. A woman is required to satisfy all of a man’s sexual needs and her refusal to do so could result in the loss of her “maintenance” payments, including shelter, food, and clothes. Divorce is easily granted to a husband with a simple request but women must fight strenuous legal battles before they can be released from a marriage. Child custody is immediately granted to the man. Brothers are entitled to twice as much inheritance as sisters, male widowers twice as much as female widows."

There is a lot more on the website. it's not as bad as Afghanistan, however women are still viewed as second class.

The stories I am reading about this case seem to indicate that the first attack in Richmond Hill was a random attack. I do not believe that one bit.

This is not random at all.

This woman obviously has some very serious enemies, for whatever reason, who knows?

I am questioning the reason why she left Iran. I don't think it was only "to have a fresh start" or "to start a new life".

I think she was running away from "something" and she was trying to hide from "something".

Now, 3 or 4 years later, that "something" has caught up to her and found her.

I believe she knows the reason why she was attacked, I also believe her family knows the reason why she was attacked.

That information is just not being made public, maybe the police do not even know that information.

I have a feeling there is a lot more to this situation than the family is telling/revealing.

Fascinating theory!
Across WS cases, I tend to more often be in camp horses not zebras, but this one is just strange.

Some sleuthers had theorized the possibility that EH had immigrated to Canada specifically to avoid some threats or issues in Iran. Typically when I see these kinds of theories the first question I ask myself is “ok, if that’s true why now?”. Your idea on the settlement is super interesting as a possible “why now”.

Perhaps nothing to do with EH disappearance but nice theory!

This may have nothing to do with EH's place of birth, gender or anything other than a business transaction or financial dispute of some kind, still hopeful that she is okay. speculation, imo.
This is why I speculated, as one possibility, whether her disappearance could have something to do with the import/export business she worked for, and which she recently quit. Who knows, she may have seen or learnt about something that she wasn't supposed to....eg smuggling or some sort of illicit goings on.
I hope the RCMP are investigating all angles and have info to work with, whatever the reason for the abduction.
I too am keeping some hope that she is/will be ok.

This is why I speculated, as one possibility, whether her disappearance could have something to do with the import/export business she worked for, and which she recently quit. Who knows, she may have seen or learnt about something that she wasn't supposed to....eg smuggling or some sort of illicit goings on.
I hope the RCMP are investigating all angles and have info to work with, whatever the reason for the abduction.
I too am keeping some hope that she is/will be ok.

Canadian woman sentenced to prison for illegally exporting American industrial pipeline & oil refinement equipmet from United States to Iran

I like the way you are thinking. Maybe while working as an administrator for an import/export (shipping) business she blew the whistle on illegal trade activity similar to that described in the above link. There have been several cases of Canadian exporters violating the US trade sanctions on Iran. MOO

Canadian woman sentenced to prison for illegally exporting American industrial pipeline & oil refinement equipmet from United States to Iran

I like the way you are thinking. Maybe while working as an administrator for an import/export (shipping) business she blew the whistle on illegal trade activity similar to that described in the above link. There have been several cases of Canadian exporters violating the US trade sanctions on Iran. MOO
fwiw.. EH abducted Jan 12 2022 rbbm.
International Sanctions Lead to Charges Being Laid in Canada and Iran by US Authorities - TEREPOSKY & DEROSE LLP (tradeisds.com)
''On January 12, 2021, the United States Department of Justice announced that it charged three individuals, including two residents of Ontario, Canada in an indictment with conspiracy to export U.S. goods to Iran in violation of the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (IEEPA) and the Iranian Transactions and Sanctions Regulations (ITSR). In addition to the foregoing, the roster of charges includes conspiracy to smuggle goods from the United States, and conspiracy to engage in international money laundering spanning 11 countries and stretching over two years.''

I don't think I'm going anywhere with this. We don't know which company she worked for, but......just out of curiosity
I found 4 import /export businesses in Richmond Hill.

Interestingly one of them was founded by an Iranian. The business is wholesale trader/distributer of groceries, foods, nuts and dried fruits.

The founder however was one of Iran's leading petroleum engineers, who worked for the government oil company before emigrating to Canada to start an entirely different enterprise. Interesting. He also runs an Iranian processing facility for dates and raisins.

Probably irrelevant, just going down a rabbit hole with an overactive imagination....so I don't want to name the company or owner. It's googable though.

I don't think I'm going anywhere with this. We don't know which company she worked for, but......just out of curiosity
I found 4 import /export businesses in Richmond Hill.

Interestingly one of them was founded by an Iranian. The business is wholesale trader/distributer of groceries, foods, nuts and dried fruits.

The founder was one of Iran's leading petroleum engineers, who worked for the government oil company before emigrating to Canada to start an entirely different enterprise. Interesting. He also runs an Iranian processing facility for dates and raisins.

Probably irrelevant, just going down a rabbit hole with an overactive imagination....so I don't want to name the company or owner. It's googable though.

Rabbit hole or not, I admire your tenacity. Is that the right word?

fwiw.. EH abducted Jan 12 2022 rbbm.
International Sanctions Lead to Charges Being Laid in Canada and Iran by US Authorities - TEREPOSKY & DEROSE LLP (tradeisds.com)
''On January 12, 2021, the United States Department of Justice announced that it charged three individuals, including two residents of Ontario, Canada in an indictment with conspiracy to export U.S. goods to Iran in violation of the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (IEEPA) and the Iranian Transactions and Sanctions Regulations (ITSR). In addition to the foregoing, the roster of charges includes conspiracy to smuggle goods from the United States, and conspiracy to engage in international money laundering spanning 11 countries and stretching over two years.''
January 12
o_O
such a coincidence......

Rabbit hole or not, I admire your tenacity. Is that the right word?
I need to stop going further lol.

Found a you tube from a Russian marketing conference where this former government petroleum engineer is expounding on his state of the art Iranian advanced processing equipment of raisins for the confectionary and baking industries.

Actually it's very possible EH did work for this outfit, being Persian, speaking Farsi....and planning to begin her own cake making company.

Probably unrelated, noting, fwiw, rbbm.
Feb 3 2022
Homemade bomb and stolen police uniforms found amid arrests at Edmonton house | The Star
''EDMONTON — Police are investigating after seizing stolen police, fire and paramedic uniforms, high-powered rifles and a homemade bomb from a home in southeast Edmonton last weekend.

Police say they noticed three males loading suspicious items into a taxi in the city’s southeast at around 3:50 a.m. on Jan. 29. When the trio saw police they fled into the home and left the bags behind; when police opened the bags, they found two high-powered rifles with silencers as well as other firearms and an Edmonton Police Service uniform.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back