CANADA Canada - Elnaz Hajtamiri, 37, Abducted following home invasion, Wasaga Beach, Ontario, 12 Jan 2022

March 29, 2023
Two men facing charges in the alleged assault and failed kidnapping attempt of Ontario woman Elnaz Hajtamiri appeared in court Wednesday, with one seeking to be released from custody just days after his co-accused was granted bail.

Harshpreet Sekhon is charged with aggravated assault and conspiracy to commit an indictable offence for his alleged role in the attack on Hajtamiri in her York Region parking garage in December 2021.''
''
On Friday last week, Akash Rana was granted bail. He also faces charges of aggravated assault and conspiracy to commit an indictable offence.

Harshdeep Binner also appeared in court Wednesday, he is scheduled for another appearance next month.''
''They have since arrested a Brampton woman, Krystal P. Lawrence, and issued an arrest warrant for Deshawn Davis, who is believed to be in the Greater Toronto Area. Police say a third man has yet to be identified.
Investigators say all three face a kidnapping charge.
Elnaz Hajtamiri's whereabouts remain a mystery, but investigators say they are "closer to finding answers."
A $100,000 joint OPP and York Regional Police reward is available for anyone with information about Hajtamiri's whereabouts.''

A collage of sorts.
1680390838118.png
top: (Far L) Elnaz Hajtamiri, (L) Mohamad Lilo, (R) Harshdeep Binner, (Far R) Riyasat Singh Bottom: (Far L) Harshpreet Sekhon, (L) Akash Rana, (R) Sukhpreet Singh, (Far R) Jaspreet Singh
Akash Rana, of Delta, B.C., charged with aggravated assault and conspiracy to commit an indictable offence, was granted bail in a Newmarket courtroom on Friday.
March 24, 2023

1680391444661.png

April 5 2023 rbbm?.
''Ontario Provincial Police have charged a 35-year-old man in connection to the abduction of Elnaz Hajtamiri, the latest arrest in a sprawling 15-month-old investigation.
OPP say the Toronto man was arrested and charged on Monday with kidnapping, fraud and possession of property obtained by crime.''
''Police arrested a woman on kidnapping charges last month and continue to search for a 35-year-old Toronto man who has a warrant out for his arrest.
The man charged Monday is scheduled to appear before a court in Collingwood, Ont., on May 16.''

''Ontario police have arrested another suspect in connection with the Elnaz Hajtamiri kidnapping case, the force said Wednesday.
Dominique Ewan, 35, of Etobicoke, has been arrested and charged with kidnapping, fraud over $5,000, and possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000.
She has been released with conditions and is scheduled to appear in court on May 16.''

''Police continue to search for Deshawn Davis, 35, of Toronto, in connection with Hajtamiri’s kidnapping, as well as another male believed to reside in the GTA. Police encourage anyone with information on these individuals to contact the OPP immediately.''
1680721981030.png

Last edited:
Woman charged with kidnapping in connection with Elnaz Hajtamiri disappearance
In a news release, police said 35-year-old Etobicoke resident Dominique Ewan was arrested Tuesday and charged with kidnapping, fraud over $5,000 and possession of property obtained by crime.

She was released with conditions and is scheduled to appear in court in Collingwood, Ont., on May 16, police said Wednesday.

Woman charged with kidnapping in connection with Elnaz Hajtamiri disappearance
In a news release, police said 35-year-old Etobicoke resident Dominique Ewan was arrested Tuesday and charged with kidnapping, fraud over $5,000 and possession of property obtained by crime.

She was released with conditions and is scheduled to appear in court in Collingwood, Ont., on May 16, police said Wednesday.
Not to be confused (and it is all confusing), with this earlier arrest of another woman. imo.
March 17 '23
Ontario Provincial Police have arrested and charged a Brampton woman with kidnapping in connection with the Elnaz Hajtamiri abduction investigation

Police say the public helped to identify Krystal P. Lawrence after investigators released images of three suspects last month.

Police say 30-year-old Lawrence was arrested on Thursday and has since been released from custody with conditions, which police say include a curfew, residential component, non-communication order and other restriction on travel.''

Not to be confused (and it is all confusing), with this earlier arrest of another woman. imo.
March 17 '23
Ontario Provincial Police have arrested and charged a Brampton woman with kidnapping in connection with the Elnaz Hajtamiri abduction investigation

Police say the public helped to identify Krystal P. Lawrence after investigators released images of three suspects last month.

Police say 30-year-old Lawrence was arrested on Thursday and has since been released from custody with conditions, which police say include a curfew, residential component, non-communication order and other restriction on travel.''

Oh good grief! Another woman involved in the kidnapping! I wish we knew more about how all these suspects are connected? What kind of business were they running that drew them all into such violence.

1680782451570.png
The Ontario Provincial Police and York Regional Police are offering a combined $100,000 reward for information on the whereabouts of Elnaz Hajtamiri, who was abducted from a home in Wasaga Beach on Jan. 12, 2022. - Hajtamiri family photo

''Meanwhile, an arrest warrant remains active for Deshawn Davis, 35, of Toronto, who is also wanted in connection to this incident. Additionally, police say there is one, possibly two, individuals of interest who rented vehicles in December 2021 and may have information that could help in this investigation.''
1680782666209.png

I forgot the two "random" POIs.

JMO but the photo below of Elnaz, she doesn't look as bright or happy as other photos. The one below, she looks very tired. FWIW, MOO.

I've never attempted to search Elnaz online. There was a Facebook that some have referenced. Just wondering if there might have been any kind of hint online that something was wrong? On the flipside, often times when people are in controlling situations they do not always have access to their own devices. Sometimes people are pressured to curate their lives to look as if everything is great. Particularly within certain cultures. Idk if that might've been an element in Elnazs' life?

View attachment 413213
The Ontario Provincial Police and York Regional Police are offering a combined $100,000 reward for information on the whereabouts of Elnaz Hajtamiri, who was abducted from a home in Wasaga Beach on Jan. 12, 2022. - Hajtamiri family photo

''Meanwhile, an arrest warrant remains active for Deshawn Davis, 35, of Toronto, who is also wanted in connection to this incident. Additionally, police say there is one, possibly two, individuals of interest who rented vehicles in December 2021 and may have information that could help in this investigation.''
View attachment 413214

I forgot the two "random" POIs.

JMO but the photo below of Elnaz, she doesn't look as bright or happy as other photos. The one below, she looks very tired. FWIW, MOO.

I've never attempted to search Elnaz online. There was a Facebook that some have referenced. Just wondering if there might have been any kind of hint online that something was wrong? On the flipside, often times when people are in controlling situations they do not always have access to their own devices. Sometimes people are pressured to curate their lives to look as if everything is great. Particularly within certain cultures. Idk if that might've been an element in Elnazs' life?
As I recall, her FB was set to private.

According to media, she had been happily married in Iran, but her veterinarian husband had died in 2017, when she would have been in her early 30s. The following year she emigrated to Canada and got an administration job (possibly through family ties?)

[This portion edited out, media headlines identify Lillo as her ex-boyfriend.]

I think the combination of being a new widow, and a recent immigrant, could make a woman very vulnerable to getting involved with someone before she was really ready, and then, as she became more self-confident, the dynamic of the relationship would change.

There are numerous cases of women being killed when they try to leave a relationship. Usually that happens before she actually has the chance to complete the rejection, less often, it happens after she's already broken up.

For example, a Saskatchewan cabinet minister, Colin Thatcher, made two attempts to murder his ex wife, accomplishing it in 1983, three years after their divorce.

That level of vindictiveness is, fortunately, uncommon, but I don't think humans are immune to it.

JMO

Last edited:
As I recall, her FB was set to private.

According to media, she had been happily married in Iran, but her veterinarian husband had died in 2017, when she would have been in her early 30s. The following year she emigrated to Canada and got an administration job (possibly through family ties?)

[This portion edited out, media headlines identify Lillo as her ex-boyfriend.]

I think the combination of being a new widow, and a recent immigrant, could make a woman very vulnerable to getting involved with someone before she was really ready, and then, as she became more self-confident, the dynamic of the relationship would change.

There are numerous cases of women being killed when they try to leave a relationship. Usually that happens before she actually has the chance to complete the rejection, less often, it happens after she's already broken up.

For example, a Saskatchewan cabinet minister, Colin Thatcher, made two attempts to murder his ex wife, accomplishing it in 1983, three years after their divorce.

That level of vindictiveness is, fortunately, uncommon, but I don't think humans are immune to it.

JMO
I was confusing Elnaz FB with another woman. I do remember the part about her husband passing and agree that anyone in that state would be vulnerable.

Without TMI I can say IME yes, the period of time when a victim is leaving their abuser is a very dangerous time. People can be extremely possessive and obsessive.

I was confusing Elnaz FB with another woman. I do remember the part about her husband passing and agree that anyone in that state would be vulnerable.

Without TMI I can say IME yes, the period of time when a victim is leaving their abuser is a very dangerous time. People can be extremely possessive and obsessive.

Don't you think there are far too many unrelated people involved for this to be domestic violence?

Don't you think there are far too many unrelated people involved for this to be domestic violence?
I've never said what I thought this was about, let alone that I thought it was dv (though I have speculated that it could be related before I'm called out for it).

The post you quoted was a general statement replying to another poster but with regard to Elnaz as well. I'm just saying, she was leaving her ex boyfriend who had recruited people to attack her. Just because Lilo and Elnaz were romantically involved doesn't mean that's what this was about but would any of these things have happened if Elnaz hadn't been with Lilo? Again, that doesn't qualify it as dv. I have been in a dv situation FWIW.

April 20 2023 rbbm

''A sixth person has been arrested and is now facing charges in connection with a 2021 attack on missing woman Elnaz Hajtamiri in Richmond Hill, York Regional Police say.

In a news release issued Thursday, police said that last Friday, 24-year-old Jaspreet Singh was arrested in British Columbia and charged with aggravated assault and conspiracy to commit an indictable offence.

He was transported back to York Region and was scheduled to appear in court Wednesday,
police say.

A Canada-wide warrant remains in effect for another man, who is being encouraged to seek legal counsel and turn himself in, according to investigators.''

Top: (Far L) Elnaz Hajtamiri, (L) Mohamad Lilo, (R) Harshdeep Binner, (Far R) Riyasat Singh Bottom: (Far L) Harshpreet Sekhon, (L) Akash Rana, (R) Sukhpreet Singh, (Far R) Jaspreet Singh
1682017544152.png

Ws thread.

May 26 2023

''Adams Suleman Ankamah, 29, of Brampton, was arrested on Wednesday. He was charged with kidnapping, possession of a firearm or ammunition contrary to a prohibition order, possession of a restricted firearm with ammunition, unauthorized possession of a firearm, carless storage of a firearm/weapon/prohibited device, knowledge of unauthorized possession of a firearm and posessions of proceeds of property obtained by crime over $5,000.

The accused remains in custody and is scheduled to appear in court in Barrie on June 1.

Police continue to search for Deshawn Davis, 35, of Toronto, in connection with Hajtamiri’s kidnapping. Police encourage anyone with information about these individuals to contact the OPP immediately. A $100,000 joint OPP and York Regional Police reward is available for anyone with information that will lead to Elnaz's whereabouts.''
''OPP investigators say they are searching for 35-year-old Toronto man Deshawn Davis, left, and asking the public to help them identify the suspect pictured on the right. (Ontario Provincial Police)
A $100,000 joint OPP and York Regional Police reward is currently available for anyone with information that will lead to finding Hajtamiri.''
1685132494274.png

Mistie Murray is also missing from that area, but she has been missing nearly 30 years, so it is not likely her remains.
Well, they did say the remains were ''historical''..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rebecca.ingram1214@gmail.
Back