CANADA Canada - Eramosa Twp, Ont, WhtFem 550UFON, 25-45, off Hwy 7, Aug'05

Doe anybody has the contact information for OPP I tried this page but it won't even open for me.
http://www.opp.ca/Investigative/UnidentifiedRemains/index.htm

I'm on the other site of the world so a phone number would be less effective for me. If somebody has a direct e-mail address and a possible name of the person handeling this case. Yes, please.....
That link was a blank for me too.
rbbm.
Ontario Provincial Police
"The Government of the Province of Ontario is offering a total reward of fifty thousand dollars ($50,000) for information leading to the identity of this woman and information on the circumstances surrounding her death.

The remains of this medium build, 25 – 45 year old white female were found in a wooded location at a Ministry of Transportation (MTO) picnic area on Highway 7, west of Rockwood, Ontario, on August 28, 2005. It is believed the female had been dragged a short distance into the woods beside the picnic area and had been there for approximately a month before being discovered. A “Woods” sleeping bag had been placed over top of the deceased, covering her. The autopsy revealed that the deceased had no recent injuries, but she had experienced a broken left cheek, nose and left eye socket. These injuries were well healed and likely resulted in a facial deformity. As a result of these injuries, the deceased lost two upper teeth on the left front and wore a two-tooth partial plate. Her clothing was found to have been purchased in the Montreal area. OPP investigators believe the circumstances of her death are suspicious and consider foul play for this “body dump.”

Investigators urge any person with information regarding the identity of this woman to immediately contact the Director of the Ontario Provincial Police Criminal Investigation Branch at 1-888-310-1122 or (705) 329-6111, or their nearest police authority. Further information about this case, including photographs of the woman’s clothing and partial plate, is available at the OPP website address: www.opp.ca.

Should you wish to remain anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), where you may be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $2,000."

That link was a blank for me too.
rbbm.
"The Government of the Province of Ontario is offering a total reward of fifty thousand dollars ($50,000) for information leading to the identity of this woman and information on the circumstances surrounding her death.

The remains of this medium build, 25 – 45 year old white female were found in a wooded location at a Ministry of Transportation (MTO) picnic area on Highway 7, west of Rockwood, Ontario, on August 28, 2005. It is believed the female had been dragged a short distance into the woods beside the picnic area and had been there for approximately a month before being discovered. A “Woods” sleeping bag had been placed over top of the deceased, covering her. The autopsy revealed that the deceased had no recent injuries, but she had experienced a broken left cheek, nose and left eye socket. These injuries were well healed and likely resulted in a facial deformity. As a result of these injuries, the deceased lost two upper teeth on the left front and wore a two-tooth partial plate. Her clothing was found to have been purchased in the Montreal area. OPP investigators believe the circumstances of her death are suspicious and consider foul play for this “body dump.”

Investigators urge any person with information regarding the identity of this woman to immediately contact the Director of the Ontario Provincial Police Criminal Investigation Branch at 1-888-310-1122 or (705) 329-6111, or their nearest police authority. Further information about this case, including photographs of the woman’s clothing and partial plate, is available at the OPP website address: www.opp.ca.

Should you wish to remain anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), where you may be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $2,000."

Well nothing seems to work. Great public relations! (Sarcastic) Sending all of us into the woods (like we say in Dutch)....like Jane Doe.....unfortunately for her it didn't ended so good. Feeling sad.....

Well nothing seems to work. Great public relations! (Sarcastic) Sending all of us into the woods (like we say in Dutch)....like Jane Doe.....unfortunately for her it didn't ended so good. Feeling sad.....
Don't feel sad, i have rarely contacted LE about any potential matches, i just continue to look and post on Ws and figure that they or the right person will come along and something will click or not.
Sometimes it seems like nothing is happening on a particular thread, then out of the blue a relative pops up and is grateful that people have tried to keep their loved one in the public eye.

We do not know who all these unidentified people are, but i like to think that if they were still alive, they would have wanted the attention if it helps even in a small way, to regain their identity. imo.

Don't feel sad, i have rarely contacted LE about any potential matches, i just continue to look and post on Ws and figure that they or the right person will come along and something will click or not.
Sometimes it seems like nothing is happening on a particular thread, then out of the blue a relative pops up and is grateful that people have tried to keep their loved one in the public eye.

We do not know who all these unidentified people are, but i like to think that if they were still alive, they would have wanted the attention if it helps even in a small way, to regain their identity. imo.

Yes, I agree. But if you want the public to help please be accessible or don't make believe you want help.

I advise you not to spill all your information on here, but I wonder what the person (the ex Hamilton cop) thinks about all this and what you found out already. Didn't your dad's girlfriend had any additional information about what you dad was into?
He found lots as he was working in 2005/Hamilton. Dad's GF didn't know exactly but, said he called it a land cash roll over deal? My last conversation with my Father, when he told me he was living the "good life" and buying a condo in MB, he retired from Banking in his 40's and I asked him where he was getting all this $ from. He told me, creative investing, I told him to be careful and he said, don't worry, it's as safe as houses..

I find the whole story about the recovering of your dad's body and the finding of his car and what he had on him/not on him very strange. I can imagine that for you it's very confusing and doubtful. Did you made a board, timeline, did you write every thing out? For me it sometimes helps to see a pattern or loose ends or irrational things, resulting in questions to ask. Let me tell you, if the content of the wallet was in the water, say for about 5 hours it would definitely not look like nothing happened to it even if it was dried. Someone once pick pocketed my purse from a café. We couldn't keep up with the perp, so there he went. Weeks later the city of Amsterdam send me my purse (wallet). Someone had found it in the gutter...it hadn't even been in the water...but my photo's, my drivers license and other things left in it were all affected by moisture. You should test it for yourself.

Do you know where your dad kept his wallet on him?
Front pocket, I kept notes from moment I suspected foul play and I went to a Criminal Lawyer twice (no charge) with my concerns of the police handling his death and he was very concerned/alarmed and instructed my to notify the RCMP which I did...

The Lawyer instructed my to write a "safety letter" and give it to a trusted friend, in case something untoward happened to either of us, he wrote the same letter also before I contacted the RCMP. This was serious..

A disturbing detail that I have shared with very few, until now, (sorry in advance), the Detective from Hamilton last year (Blair Bolton) confronted me as to why I had stated in a letter to the RCMP in 2006 that my Father's eyes were missing when I viewed his body at the funeral home in my home town following his autopsy. I told him that I noted his eyes were missing and immediately called Detective Skerrett who was handling his death, response was, the birds would have pecked them out when he was floating in the water. Blair stated that if 6 people had been in the room during his autopsy as the document confirmed, his eyes were definitely present. I affirmed that his eyes were not there, as a nurse, I inspected his body respectfully because, as his daughter, I suspected foul play. Tiny detail, the autopsy stated his eyes as brown, he had very light blue eyes....

A disturbing detail that I have shared with very few, until now, (sorry in advance), the Detective from Hamilton last year (Blair Bolton) confronted me as to why I had stated in a letter to the RCMP in 2006 that my Father's eyes were missing when I viewed his body at the funeral home in my home town following his autopsy. I told him that I noted his eyes were missing and immediately called Detective Skerrett who was handling his death, response was, the birds would have pecked them out when he was floating in the water. Blair stated that if 6 people had been in the room during his autopsy as the document confirmed, his eyes were definitely present. I affirmed that his eyes were not there, as a nurse, I inspected his body respectfully because, as his daughter, I suspected foul play. Tiny detail, the autopsy stated his eyes as brown, he had very light blue eyes....
Detective Blair Bolton simply stated, 6 people saw the autopsy and I am supposed to believe you. I did not retract my original fact.

Unidentified White Female

• The victim was discovered on August 28, 2005 in Eramosa Township, east of Guelph, Ontario, Canada
    • Estimated Date of Death: 2 to 6 weeks prior to discovery
    • This is being investigated as a suspicious death
Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 25 - 45 years old
    • Approximate Height and Weight: 5' 4" - 5' 6" (163 - 168 cm); 130 lbs. (58 kg).
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Medium-brown hair. The deceased had previous facial injury consisting of a broken nose and damage to the left eye socket. The victim also had a partial upper dental plate consisting of two teeth. The left eye socket injury corresponds to the two teeth on the dental plate. There is also evidence of a previous injury to the 7th rib on the left front of her rib cage.
    • Dentals: Available; partial upper dental plate consisting of two teeth.
    • Clothing: Pink brassiere, "31" located on the left cup, label "725 Originals"; thong-style panties with a small bow at the waist,"Rivage Intimate"; beige Atsmosphere tank top t-shirt with 1" straps and a round neck line, size 10/12; black corduroy "Illegal Jeanswear" shorts with two horizontal zippered front pockets, two back pockets with button down flaps, size 9.
    • DNA: Available
Case History
The victim was located by a pedestrian at a wooded rest stop/picnic area on Highway 7 in Eramosa Township, east of Guelph, Ontario on August 28, 2005. Guelph is located approximately one hour west of Toronto, Ontario.

Investigators

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Guelph Detachment
Detective Constable Dave Beckon
519-822-7250
1-888-310-1122
OR
Crime Stoppers
1-800-222-TIPS (8477)
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
Agency Case Number: 20050002

NCIC Number:

N/A
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case. Source Information:
Ontario Provincial Police - Missing Persons and Unidentified Bodies/Remains Unit

Link: 550UFON

Elaine Phyllis Dumba

Missing since 1989 from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: March 12, 1955
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 34 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 168 cm; 64 kg
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Medium brown hair.
    • Marks, Scars: Possible scar tissue from injury or plastic surgery nose and cheek. Laceration scars on wrists.
    • AKA: ACOOSE, Sharon Lorraine; DESJARLAIS, Elaine Phylis.

Circumstances of Disappearance

Last seen in 1989. She was reported missing on April 9, 1998. She was drug addicted and worked in the sex trade.

Investigators

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Missing Woman Tip line

877-687-3377
NCIC Number:

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case. Source Information:
RCMP

The Doe Network: Case File 1738DFBC

EDumba.jpg

Reconstruction of Jane Doe: 550UFON
Detective Blair Bolton simply stated, 6 people saw the autopsy and I am supposed to believe you. I did not retract my original fact.
Plus, my last conversation with my Dad (he was in a golf club/usual) was a few months before he died, I was asking him how he could retire in his 40's and still be living the "good life "in his 60's? That's when he mentioned creative investing, I was naïve, he was a retired TD bank Manager ( Young and Eg.Toronto), I assumed he had invested his retirement wisely, he paused to tell a man named Paton to wait minute and he will catch up with him, I asked him if he had a new girlfriend as I took Paton as a female name and he told me, no, golf buddy. Lambton Golf Club "Manager "says my Dad and Paton were very good friends, the police continue to deny any connection at all....

Doe anybody has the contact information for OPP I tried this page but it won't even open for me.
http://www.opp.ca/Investigative/UnidentifiedRemains/index.htm

I'm on the other site of the world so a phone number would be less effective for me. If somebody has a direct e-mail address and a possible name of the person handeling this case. Yes, please.....
Hey, if interested, Exaro news was bought out but please Google Paul Manning Author and scroll down a few, his article titles, coroner reopens investigation into 2 suspicious deaths and read, gives my focus on Jane Doe context. Tx.

There was a leather/metal female bracelet (Costume jewelry) that I found in one of the car side panels, my Dad's car had been 100% cleaned out when we received it, didn't know it then, sent a photo of the bracelet to Peel who was investigating Jane Doe at the time "anonymously" due to fear.

Hi @jinxonfriday. Good to see you back and thank you for redirecting me to the article about your dad. Reading it back I must say there are a lot of disturbing and strange things in this case. For one I wonder on who's bank account the -more then- 250.ooo dollars went to........ Is there any further investigation going on? The article is from 2018. Did you even heard back about a possible relationship between your dad and this Jane Doe?

Upthread you mention a bracelet (see quote), possibly owned by Jane Doe. Do you remember what the jewelry looked like and could you find some kind of exemple on the Internet of what it looked like? Also it is strange the police cleaning your dad's car out, overlooked the bracelet. What are your thouhgt on that?

Actually I did send the OPP (through their Facebook site) a message on November 5th 2019 about a possible match between Jane Doe with Anne Marie Laforest, providing all the information on both sites. This is what I send them after they fixed the non-working link on my request.

Could the mentioned Jane Doe be Anne-Marie Laforest? She went missing on 1-1-2003, (according to the Canada missing website) but was reported missing in 2019. This seems to be an approximated date. Family lost tracks of her. According to other available info about her missing case she was last seen in July 2004 in Mississauga, however, in May of 2004 she had been seen in Peterborough.We all know that the human memory is far from flawless. Sightings are hard to be considered facts.The known pictures of her don't show facial injuries, but they could have happened after her missing date and could have healed in "the between" time. The heeled scars/deformeties seemed to be the result of non-treated injuries. She had a transient lifestyle, so possibly not much money for seeking medical help. She would fit in the stats of this Jane Doe. MP 43 yrs in 2003, 5'5" Would you be so kind to look into it or get this info over to the right person(s)? I think it's a very good possibility. Thank you so much upfront. I don't know the deceased, nor the missing person. Consider me a concerned member of the public.

They send me a message back that they would pass the info on for further investigation.

Jane Doe's profile is still up. Could mean a couple of things...there was no investigation or there wasn't a match. @jinxonfriday Didn't you have a vague recollection that you've seen her ruled out? Did you find the info again?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/15-year-investigation-opp-womans-remains-1.5703521
Aug 29 2020 rbbm.
''Police are still looking for information about circumstances leading to the death of a woman aged 25 to 45, pictured above in a police sketch. (Canada's missing database

''Fifteen years after police found the remains of a woman between Rockwood and Guelph, they continue to investigate the case and are looking for the public's help.

On August 28, 2005, the remains of a white woman between the ages of 25 and 45 years old were found in a wooded area along Highway 7.

Ontario Provincial Police investigators say the circumstances surrounding her death were suspicious. They believe she was dragged a short distance into the wooded area about a month before being discovered.''

"We strongly believe there are people who know what happened to the victim in this case, but have yet to come forward with that information," Det. Insp. Randy Gaynor of the West Region OPP criminal investigation branch said in a news release.

"If a member of the public has any information, no matter how small, that could be the difference in bringing this case to a resolution. The OPP never closes an unsolved homicide."

Anyone with information is asked to contact OPP or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.''

Good to know @dotr. Thanks for refreshing.

I'm also pleased to hear murder is not barred (is this the right word in this context? :oops:) in Canada and they are looking again into the older cases, reaching out to the public.

Does someone know where (or how) to find rule outs for Canadian Jane and John Does? It would be very helpful.

Unfortunately BOH, it's unavailable on the Canadian database Accueil

Contrary to NamUS.

So, we have to make the list ourselves ☹️

"Status barred" is the legal term if I remember right by reading Canlii (free Canadian legal database).

Good to know @dotr. Thanks for refreshing.

I'm also pleased to hear murder is not barred (is this the right word in this context? :oops:) in Canada and they are looking again into the older cases, reaching out to the public.

Does someone know where (or how) to find rule outs for Canadian Jane and John Does? It would be very helpful.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/15-year-investigation-opp-womans-remains-1.5703521
Aug 29 2020 rbbm.
''Police are still looking for information about circumstances leading to the death of a woman aged 25 to 45, pictured above in a police sketch. (Canada's missing database

''Fifteen years after police found the remains of a woman between Rockwood and Guelph, they continue to investigate the case and are looking for the public's help.

On August 28, 2005, the remains of a white woman between the ages of 25 and 45 years old were found in a wooded area along Highway 7.

Ontario Provincial Police investigators say the circumstances surrounding her death were suspicious. They believe she was dragged a short distance into the wooded area about a month before being discovered.''

"We strongly believe there are people who know what happened to the victim in this case, but have yet to come forward with that information," Det. Insp. Randy Gaynor of the West Region OPP criminal investigation branch said in a news release.

"If a member of the public has any information, no matter how small, that could be the difference in bringing this case to a resolution. The OPP never closes an unsolved homicide."

Anyone with information is asked to contact OPP or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.''
Myself and spouse were interviewed by Hamilton OPP in 2018, we were told to expect a call from a Peel Officer regarding discussion possible connections between her and my Father, the call never came?? No interest? He appeared more interested how we knew Paul Manning and if Paul owned Exaro News? Oddities all along and never ending..

Myself and spouse were interviewed by Hamilton OPP in 2018, we were told to expect a call from a Peel Officer regarding discussion possible connections between her and my Father, the call never came?? No interest? He appeared more interested how we knew Paul Manning and if Paul owned Exaro News? Oddities all along and never ending..
Never heard of Exaro news until now!
Exaro - Wikipedia

Paul Manning
https://exaro.news/author/paul-manning
Paul Manning has worked internationally as a law enforcement officer for over 25 years. His experience includes, but is not limited to undercover work, homicide investigations and drugs and vice. He is considered an expert on organized crime, especially traditional organized crime.

Here is the story about Eddie Lutner and Paton Weir, possibly related to this UID.

https://exaro.news/coroners-office-directs-police-reopen-investigation
On year 15 of unsolved, perhaps, someone beside myself would like to re-reach out to the RCMP asking why the holdup..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects
Back