Found Deceased Canada - Eugene Kim, 38, Markham, Ont, 2 Oct 2017

premature, don't you think? We're waiting for confirmation aren't we?

It's been confirmed. Just watched CTV news 1 minute ago and it was reported that the remains are Eugene's and no foul play is suspected.

Very sad.

According to Eugene's dad, "Eugen’s body will be buried in the ground without cremation, as Eugen’s wife wishes."
Ummm.. .where did they get the body that will be buried sans cremation!?!?!?
I assume someone has confirmed to the family that the human remains are those of Eugene, hence they are making specific arrangements to bury-not-cremate on Friday.

RIP. Eugene.

Condolences to family, friends and dear children.

I guess they are comfortable with the results of the initial autopsy. However, wouldn't toxicology reports have to be done, even thought they don't need the body for that. I wonder how they know so fast that no foul play is suspected. If someone forced him to take drugs to make it look like suicide how would they ever know. I guess an investigation leading up to this discovery is what they would do.

According to Eugene's dad, "Eugen’s body will be buried in the ground without cremation, as Eugen’s wife wishes."
Ummm.. .where did they get the body that will be buried sans cremation!?!?!?
I assume someone has confirmed to the family that the human remains are those of Eugene, hence they are making specific arrangements to bury-not-cremate on Friday.

RIP. Eugene.

Condolences to family, friends and dear children.
That whole article is written badly....I think it's a translation issue

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

on facebook an hour ago ...

Today is a day we've all been dreading. There is disbelief of what has happened with so many questions that still surround us. Eugene's body has been identified and we wanted to share the funeral arrangements with everyone who has been so supportive with their thoughts & prayers for the family. Thank you to everyone who continued to share and spread the word on his disappearance. Please join us in sending off our dear friend and celebrating his life.

I had noticed on the Find Eugene page, two relatives were planning a cross country trip to try to raise awareness. Although very painful, knowing they don't have to look anymore must be a weight off their minds.

Rest in peace, Eugene Kim.

It looks like a planned suicide. The ''weirdness'' about his strange behaviors such as buying a camping permit, texting his wife about coming home, indicates to me that perhaps he was struggling with his decision. Who knows, maybe he was in some big financial trouble due to his involvement in gambling. Something pushed him over the age. Sad, indeed.

[h=1]Family ‘devastated’ after police identify remains of missing Markham man[/h]
The family of a Markham man whose remains were found in an SUV last week say they are “devastated” by the confirmation of his death.

A black Nissan Rogue registered to Eugene Kim was found Thursday in the woods in Laurier Township, about 55 kilometres south of North Bay. Police initially said they found “human remains” in the vehicle, but on Monday they identified Kim as the deceased individual. The 38-year-old had disappeared after dropping off his two young children at school on Oct. 2 in the area of Bayview Ave. and Royal Orchard Blvd.

Police said a post-mortem examination has been conducted, and they do not suspect foul play.
Kim’s family released a statement Monday evening saying the news “has left a hole in our hearts,” and that they “are still trying to process what has happened.” They described Kim as a loving husband and father.
“We are only able to endure this excruciating pain, because of the outpouring of love and support from family and friends as well as the overwhelming kindness from the public,” the statement reads. “We are leaning on our faith to pull us through as we must come to accept that Eugene is gone forever. We will hold him in our thoughts and hearts for eternity and remember the kind, generous soul that he was.”
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...in-car-as-missing-markham-man-eugene-kim.html

RIP Eugene :rose:

I'm still confused about the nature of the location his vehicle was found. It wasn't an abandoned lot as far as I can tell from the helicopter footage. There are other vehicles beside Kim's vehicle, plus there are car parts near his vehicle. Even if it was 'closed' in the winter, he disappeared in October, well before snow fall. Wouldn't whoever owns that lot be wondering why a strange vehicle was parked there?
I also am curious if they found and checked his phone to confirm he did indeed send those text messages, and if he sent others. And if he left a suicide note.

When it was implied that B&H Sherman were suicided, the Sherman family very upset at MSM and TPS and 100% could not accept it as suicide and had the means to dig deeper now it is changed into a murder investigation.

I'm surprised the Kim family is accepting this as 'suicide' when NOBODY and I mean NOBODY in his circle of family and friends and colleagues could possibly believe this is suicide given what they knew about Eugene. "He was a family man, loved his kids and family dearly, would never never never go away on his own and do this to his family ..."

Speculation, of course, but It's quite possible they know more than they are telling. I recall when they were searching for EK, his wife CK would say things like, "We love you, come home to us". Not things like, "Whoever has him, or whoever has done anything to him please turn yourself in" or things of that nature.

Not everyone likes to admit that they are dealing with mental health problems within their family. It's still very much *heavily* shrouded in stigma.

When Jeff Boucher died, (the jogger who went missing mysteriously and wasn't found for months, until they found his body somewhere along the Whitby shoreline) his wife absolutely insisted that it wasn't suicide, and continues to insist to this day. But 1) it's quite possible he kept his mental health problems from her and hid his feelings (which is not too common but more common than we think if that makes sense), and 2) it's quite possible she WAS aware of his mental health issues and didn't want it revealed.

Sad news all around.

I had read that Eugene had bought an Algonquin park permit but his car was found outside the park. Can someone who knows the area please confirm this? Also, how far is the spot where the car was found, from Voyageurs Quest Outfitting?

If he was making decisions without coersion or duress, the permit could have been purchased because (1) he planned to go to the park but changed his mind (I think someone said he was headed to North Tea Lake...not sure where this info came from) OR (2) he wanted everyone to continue looking in the park OR (3) he went to the park and then came out.

If suicide was the plan, I wonder if he went to the park but found it was too busy so went to this other location.

I am also confused by the report of the second person. Was a second person on the permit or just seen? I am also wondering if there was a suicide note which is why the police said no foul play so quickly.

I can understand him lying to his wife so that if she knew what he was planning then she couldn't talk him out of it. I wonder if dropping the kids off at school was a regular activity for him.

And so many suicidal people don't leave clear signs of their distress. Many cover up their pain so that they don't hurt the ones they love. Sounds like there is more to this story but my heart goes out to the family especially his kids who were the last ones to see him when he dropped them off.

Maybe at that point the police told the family they are pretty confident it is him but need to wait for autopsy confirmation. Or the family had strong suspicions as they knew he may have had suicidal tendancies.

I'm still confused about the nature of the location his vehicle was found. It wasn't an abandoned lot as far as I can tell from the helicopter footage. There are other vehicles beside Kim's vehicle, plus there are car parts near his vehicle. Even if it was 'closed' in the winter, he disappeared in October, well before snow fall. Wouldn't whoever owns that lot be wondering why a strange vehicle was parked there?
I also am curious if they found and checked his phone to confirm he did indeed send those text messages, and if he sent others. And if he left a suicide note.
The the picture you are referring to it's not the place they found his car but rather Police car lot. His car was found in the heavily wooded area and transported to Police car lot under the tarp.

IMO death is much more about those who live on, who must deal with heartache, make sense of tragedy and loss, and pick up the pieces. IMO it's about those who want to find a lesson, a memory, comfort, closure. The deceased rests regardless IMO.

Peace to those who loved Mr. Kim.

:rose: R.I.P. Eugene :rose:
:rose: :rose: :rose:​

My condolences to his wife, children, parents, family and friends

..Many cover up their pain so that they don't hurt the ones they love. Sounds like there is more to this story but my heart goes out to the family especially his kids who were the last ones to see him when he dropped them off.

In my admitted smallness of thinking, I find it hard to reconcile how someone would commit suicide and be sensitive to 'their loved ones'.... the fact that he has 'loved ones' i.e those he loves and those he knows love him .. why would he kill himself and hurt so many???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tiajean
Back